• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Exemption for P platers - best ways?? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
7th Sign said:
the Exemption's are pretty stupid

my cars faster then many v8s on the road lol..yet i can still drive my car as a p plater..
Haha it's called a flawed system. But no offence, I think I'd rather be in the Volvo than your car if there was an accident LOL.

Templar said:
Sounds like it came from someone who has little experience on the matter. I know many people who kept up with extracurricular activities yet still achieved very high UAIs. The ones who do well have good time management and the ability to succeed in many fields simultaneously, and are not easily distracted.

As for my opinion on the restrictions, I think they are crap. I understand the need to restrict P platers from driving powerful cars, but the way the NSW system is just stupid. As said, you can drive a Lotus, arguably a track car in nature, yet you can't drive a 70kW Volvo, a company innovative in vehicle safety, because its small capacity engine is boosted by a turbocharger. While the Victorian system isn't perfect as well, the power-weight ratio should be taken into consideration.
I had quite a lot of extra curricular activities until year12 and gradually slowed down as the HSC drew nearer... my UAI wasn't that high as my peers, but it is perfectly possible to maintain a good balance between school and non-school activities.

As for the car restrictions, I think there is some merit to the list (ie. P platers shouldn't be driving Porsches or GTRs), but then a lot of the cars are on the list undeservingly. I'm pretty sure cars like the Mercedes Benz C200K which happens to use a supercharger to boost power is considerably safer than a lot of the Holdens and Fords which made it onto the list; not to mention that it also has a lot less power anyhow.

Jiga

I thank you for your honesty.
Sorry that you're a malevolent asshole.
Child, know your place, shut your mouth when you are being spoken to by elders :)

I'm pretty sure cars like the Mercedes Benz C200K which happens to use a supercharger to boost power is considerably safer than a lot of the Holdens and Fords
Its not primarily about safety, if you are gunning it and have a crash ok your safe but what about the other road users? Young people, including myself, often have an urge just to hit it hard, if you have a slower car it will be 'less dangerous' when you do this compared to some 18 year old in a V8 pumping out 250kw+ of power.

the Exemption's are pretty stupid

my cars faster then many v8s on the road lol..yet i can still drive my car as a p plater..
Lol your not talking about your MX6 are you? (Unless of course you've had things done to the engine)

Last edited by a moderator:

CieL

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Lol your not talking about your MX6 are you? (Unless of course you've had things done to the engine)
Yeah I was chuckling about that too. He's not allowed a turbo nor supercharger (I'm basing that on how he said "even though I'm a P plater", not 100% sure).. so those mods are out of his engine.. and the other parts which would give him more power than a v8.. i really doubt it.. even my car gets thrashed when i vs a v8..

seremify007 said:
But no offence, I think I'd rather be in the Volvo than your car if there was an accident LOL.
Actually I'd rather be in the other car. In a high speed accident I'd seriously HATE to be in a volvo.. they're too rigid and hard.. so basically, your body is taking majority of the impact.. whereas on the other car (say, the mx6), although that one is quite old, they still have crumple zones.. so although your car might look pretty damn totalled.. at least your internal organs won't be splattered onto your ribcage. =]

CieL

HSC
Serius said:
I am also curious, what exactly do u need the car for? like the things i use my car for, if it were powerful i could actually get exemption

e.g i primarily use my car for getting to work and back, and getting to uni and back, very very rarely do i use it for anything else except very small trips [ e.g 5 mins down to the shops] and if u r doing this, i wouldnt worry about cops seeing you and pulling you over cause its not gonna happen
I asked that in the previous page..

Stollman himself had no clue.. he just wanted to cruise around in it.. then later made up the excuse of "driving his siblings to sports".. if they were so into exercise, make them walk or catch public transport.

He doesnt work.
Going to school isnt a problem now.

He doesn't need the car at all.

This thread is quite stupid.

J.Stollman, some billionaire.. his son is trying to cheat the system.. haw haw

7th Sign

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:

umm mx6's are fast car's shows how much you know about cars..what kind of car are you pushing aggain?

my car is 141kw and has a few goodies under the bonnet :D

its faster then most v8 wagons and other slowish v8s on the roads...which are banned for p platers.

get what i mean?

CieL

HSC
7th Sign said:
umm mx6's are fast car's shows how much you know about cars..what kind of car are you pushing aggain?

my car is 141kw and has a few goodies under the bonnet :D

its faster then most v8 wagons and other slowish v8s on the roads...which are banned for p platers.

get what i mean?
they're "fast cars" depending on which cars you are comparing to. If you compare it to a Corolla, yeah no shit..

Yeah no crap you said your car is "faster than most v8 wagons and other slowish v8s on the roads".. that's because you're speeding and they're not

Try drag a v8 that's even close to flooring and you'll see how pathetic 141kw means, even with the extras

CieL

HSC
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
I may be young but i am not easily impressed. I merely believe that you people are tearing into this guy for no reason.
And Schoolies_2004,
GET A LIFE!!!
I suggest that your nugatory observations and arguments are given to someone who cares.
You find a reason why we should help him get an exemption.

If you used your brain you might even understand why we're against him getting an exemption.

I should stop wasting my time.

Again: Foxy, no-one cares.

7th Sign

HSC
CieL said:
Yeah no crap you said your car is "faster than most v8 wagons and other slowish v8s on the roads".. that's because you're speeding and they're not

Try drag a v8 that's even close to flooring and you'll see how pathetic 141kw means, even with the extras
far out you dont know much about cars lol

a typical wagon v8 has about 150kw + their big and heavy as all hell

you put this on the track vs my car and it will win any day...

Personally I have raced a few v8s and yes they were speeding also and I have
killed them...

CieL

HSC
7th Sign said:
far out you dont know much about cars lol

a typical wagon v8 has about 150kw + their big and heavy as all hell

you put this on the track vs my car and it will win any day...

Personally I have raced a few v8s and yes they were speeding also and I have
killed them...
You sure you know about cars?

... wtf is your typical wagon? the bombs from 40yrs ago you were trying to race?

a "typical" v8, you would be looking at 200kw+.. this is for the more modern v8s.. even a holden v8 is like, 250kw+.. i think the SS one you're looking at around 270kw or so

You're insane, for 150kw, that's like a v6 or a .. even my 4 cylinder's output is 140kw sheesh

The v8s you were trying to race, some people back off once they get to a certain speed you know that.. and some people don't know when to stop

If you raced them at low speeds, they take a bit to spur up in my opinion.. so after 1st is maxed out, you'll get raped

Jiga

I may be young but i am not easily impressed. I merely believe that you people are tearing into this guy for no reason.
And Schoolies_2004,
GET A LIFE!!!
I suggest that your nugatory observations and arguments are given to someone who cares.
Lol no reason, ok now, run along to school little girl :rolleyes:

Lol V8's put out 150kw. My crappy old 3L V6 puts out 140kw, a 1996 base model Holden Commodore puts out like 150kw (Obviously you could beat these cos they are heavy, but V8's are substantially more powerful and their torque is through the roof)

umm mx6's are fast car's shows how much you know about cars
No offence but your particular car was a 'fast car' when it was made in like 1994, alot has happened since then, like back then V8's only had 160kw of power :eek:

I usually like to judge this kind of stuff off the weight to power ratio because its prity accurate. Your car without mods has 10.41kg per kw (It only has 121kw lol, fast), even at 140kw like you tell us your car has the ratio is 9.28kg per kw.... now a 1992 XR8 for example is 9.31kg per kw....... so it would be a VERY close race to call even with a pre-historic car like that, and thats going off your car having 140kw, you would hardly 'kill them'! Any V8 out of the stoneage however has a ratio of 8kg per kw and the torque is just astronomical at like 400Nm+ compared to your car at like 200Nm, modern V8's (past 2000) are at 260kw and a ratio of like 6kg per kw.... so yeah.

What Im trying to say is that you'd struggle to beat an ancient V8 (Given your car is at 140kw), and any modern V8 would absolutely leave you for dead. And personally, I wouldnt brag about beating a 1992 Ford Falcon XR8...............

EDIT:

You also said initially....

my cars faster then many v8s on the road lol.
Your car is faster than many, the above info begs to differ..... your faster than cars made prior to 1992 which are few and far between on the road these days, so how you then said something like 'Ive raced a few V8's.... and killed them' is interesting.

7th Sign

HSC
"many" meaning like shit box v8s...like old 95 wagons...

where in the thread did I say I could kill a new xr8??????
:| I didn't say that did I, becuase i know how fast they are...

I was putting my car in comparison to v8 such as 94 wagon v8s...

you people seem to have your arguments all wrong...

55psi

HSC
the only genuine reason out there to get an exemption is to get a job as a panel beater where u have to drive all sorts of cars around.

CieL

HSC
7th Sign said:

I was putting my car in comparison to v8 such as 94 wagon v8s...

you people seem to have your arguments all wrong...
Where in the thread previously did you say "shit box v8s".. you just said "typical" v8, how were we supposed to know you were talking about crap from over 10yrs ago..

You never mentioned you could kill a new xr8, Schoolies was referring to the 92 model xr8.. But "it would be a close race"

Personally, I've never even seen a 92 model xr8 on the road before, they're usually v6s.. so I don't see how you've raced "many...shit box v8s".. they're so rare on the roads.. and why would you pick out a shitbox to race anyway =S

In regards to 55psi:
How about one of those people hanging around hotel entrances that drive customer's cars? Wouldnt that be another genuine reason?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Valeas?[dunno how to spell the stupid french word]

an xr8 is a pretty decent car, even 92 model so i wouldnt be rubbing it in that somones car cant beat it, because most cars on the road will have troulble against it. I think he means the average everyday work car thats a v8, like a ute or a pannel van that are out there, not everyone drives a new car, i dont know personally but i get the impression that alot of cars on the road are pre 2000[like mine] where as anything above 2000 i consider newpcause they look shinyer] not even going as far as a 2005 model here where is an extra 5 years to improve upon.

speaking of wich, did any1 see the very last Monaro ever made? its all orangy/gold, special leather interior and all these nice features, looks really really good.

Jiga

How can 'many' mean 'shit box V'8s', many means you are saying that you can beat loads of V8s and THAT IS what you meant in your initial post saying:

my cars faster then many v8s on the road
You went into the following posts trying to say 'oh its only old V8's' but personally I didnt get that impression from your origninal post.

Now considering you can only realistically beat V8's prior to like 1995 (And even then its only cos you supposedly have 140kw of power in a car usually only with 121kw) I dont see how you even get many chances to race many let alone end up 'killing them'.

I was just demonstraing how they have alot more power than '150kw' which established that you were referring to beating ancient V8's which are rare on the road these days.

You never mentioned you could kill a new xr8, Schoolies was referring to the 92 model xr8.. But "it would be a close race"
Exactly, as I just said above as well I just added some info on the new XR8's to show how you couldnt possibly have been referring to beating them which I had initally thought from your origninal post, which then meant you were racing old arse V8's which even then would end up in a close race. You also mentioned (7th sign that is) that:

mx6's are fast car's shows how much you know about cars
Now I dont claim to know to much about cars but the basics, but I can assure you that a 1994 MX6 is not that fast of a car like you said, with a measily 121kw of power and still weighing like 1200kw (hardly light on its feet) your car without any modifications would get smashed by a 92 XR8, but we will trust your word on the mods...

an xr8 is a pretty decent car, even 92 model so i wouldnt be rubbing it in that somones car cant beat it, because most cars on the road will have troulble against it.
Not really, I showed previously that they are prity piss weak, 150kw of power is very poor considering its pulling around 1400kg of vehcile. The only real characteristic those old V8's have in common with modern ones is ALOT of torque, but that really does mean jack shit till your up to speed and unless the race is up to like 150 or whatever lol I dont think it would benefit the XR8 to much compared to having more kw. Moral of story, alot of modern cars would absolutely butt rape V8's made prior to 95 or so.

A final thought as well to your credibility....

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2833632&current_rec=5&used_rec=4&total_rec=14&sort_type=&total_rec=14&sort_type=&price_max=10000&make_id=7&model_id=145&state_id=2&search_distance=25

This is your car right? You state 130kw as opposed to 140kw, and their is no mention of any mods to the engine like you also claimed in this thread (If anything, all the extra gear you have in your car would weigh it down or drain the kw when in use) :shy:

EDIT : Id also like to say that I have nothing against MX6's, they are ok, and your car 7th Sign is good, but claiming to 'kill' V8's is pushing the envelope to far when it comes to bragging IMO :)

CieL

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
A final thought as well to your credibility....

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2833632&current_rec=5&used_rec=4&total_rec=14&sort_type=&total_rec=14&sort_type=&price_max=10000&make_id=7&model_id=145&state_id=2&search_distance=25

This is your car right? You state 130kw as opposed to 140kw, and their is no mention of any mods to the engine like you also claimed in this thread (If anything, all the extra gear you have in your car would weigh it down or drain the kw when in use) :shy:
Huh.. how do you know that's exactly his car?

*stalkerrrrrrr* jkz :)

Jiga

Huh.. how do you know that's exactly his car?

*stalkerrrrrrr* jkz
Lol nah, In another thread he mentioned his car was for sale and he posted some pics and the other day when I was looking through carsales on an unrelated matter I saw a car with the same pics which is obviously his ;)

7th Sign

HSC
yeah man its been modified since then I have to update the add :D

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i think you should edit your post, cause that link has private info in it like where he lives, contact details etc.

not nice :(

*furiously scribles down mob number*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)