Faking Your 120 log book hours (1 Viewer)

Kralex

HSC
Re: you should

wtf are you saying billyjoe..talk english.

0bs3n3

HSC
There's a subtle irony in the whole hours thing.

I'm willing to bet that every time they raise the minimum hours, one of the consideration points is the road toll and that the current minimum hours is insufficient and hence needs to be raised.

... but if everyone keeps faking it each time it's raised, then really, it becomes a token arbitrarily pointless number.
I think the idea of raising it from 50 to 120 is to get people to stop doing say 30 hours and actually do 50.

lozzy_12

HSC
im against faking alot of it, like if u drove for 17 and u put it down as half hour yeah sure thats cool but not entire trips, my would- have-been aunty died when she was 17 becasue of a p plater who faked their hours and didnt no how to drive properly. its not worth it, you got to wait a year anyways, might as well just do em..

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Don't think I'll fake any of it, I'm not confident with heavy machinery let alone heavy machinery that moves...

appletoa

HSC
I just rounded my times up to the nearest 15 min, (for example, I'd write an hour down if I'd been driving for between 45-60 min). The trip I did the most was the 55 min into town, so it wasn't faking it overly. All the entries I put it are times I actually drove though, didn't just make up entire trips (and the km and conditions are correct). But really, it didn't matter so much, as I'd already been driving for years, so basically all I needed to do was get used to driving on roads and in town and stuff, not learn the vehicle controls etc.

Kralex

HSC
Hey guys just to let you know, I faked the whole book and now have my P's. I received a score of 105/108 for my driving test.

The logbook is a joke. The guy said right to my face that people these days are just writing in random numbers, obviously insinuating that I faked it, unfortunately for him he can't prove it. I made a mistake and my odometer jumped from 230k to 260k in a month gap and still they didn't notice/care.

I did my test in Merrylands if anyone was wondering and in school hours. I wouldn't recommend doing it in Merrylands atm. There is a lot of road work going on and people just run in front of the fucking car. I had to do reverse-angle parking as well which was actually the easiest part of the test.

If anyones worried about faking, don't be cause unless you do something completely stupid like take a 2 hour trip that only takes 15kms they can't prove shit.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
i faked at least 50 hours of my logbook

you would have to be a real moron or goody two shoes not to fake it

unenforcable laws that don't really have much of a point other than to make politicians look tougher on an overly-maligned (p platers) demographic are made to be broken

Last edited:

taylooor

HSC
Frixion pens.

These sick pens you can get from Officeworks for like $4, you write in the right amount, get your parents or whoever to sign it, then rub out however long you wrote down and change it to an hour or something.

I just started doing it and its dope :)

DanT

HSC
Got my P's last week at Maroubra after 2 and a half years on my L's lol. Faked the entire logbook because I hadn't been stuffed to write up hours after driving and the fact that my old logbook was damaged, but I had legit done over 200+ hours so I really didn't care lol.

Test was a sinch honestly, only had to do reverse parallel and curbside stop, both pretty easy. The rest of the test was just driving around back streets and main roads with not much traffic; on that I'd suggest doing it during midday because thats when I did mine and there was hardly anyone on the road. Just remember to make things obvious like waiting to indicate/head checks etc and you should be in with a good chance to pass if you're a decent driver.

vanishings

HSC
I did the whole 120 hours, well I had a few lessons with instructors so I had a bit over 120. (With the three hour for one hour bonus)
Got my P's the first go.. It was worth it.

offlimits

HSC
Hi, I have an entry in my logbook I'm a bit worried about and I would like to ask about. It's a trip I made to Cronulla and it took me 3 hours and 35 minutes for the whole return trip and I wrote it down like that in my logbook.

But I've read here that anything over two hours they don't count or they fail you. So does that mean that I would have to do an extra 3 and a half hours? Also, is there a way I can fix it? Since there is no way I can rewrite the entry as it was a few months ago.

I'm kicking myself for not finding this thread earlier.

Thanks!

Last edited:

phishtaco

HSC
Hi, I have an entry in my logbook I'm a bit worried about and I would like to ask about. It's a trip I made to Cronulla and it took me 3 hours and 35 minutes for the whole return trip and I wrote it down like that in my logbook.

But I've read here that anything over two hours they don't count or they fail you. So does that mean that I would have to do an extra 3 and a half hours? Also, is there a way I can fix it? Since there is no way I can rewrite the entry as it was a few months ago.

I'm kicking myself for not finding this thread earlier.

Thanks!
Don't worry about it. The majority of my entries are over two hours. I do alot of traveling between states since my mother lives in one state while my father lives in another and the RTA said it was fine. When I went for my P's last week (I failed only because I was REALLY nervous and I was clutchcoasting too much) all they did was flick through the book and check to see if everything was signed. That was it.
To be honest, I thought they would reject it. There were quite a few mistakes in it. Also, I never really filled out my log book every time I drove. I could never be bothered to do it. Every couple months or so I just made up bullshit trips to fill in. In my book I've done around 140+ hours but in reality I've driven way more than that.

So yeah, don't worry about it.

steph xx

HSC
actually, they might be a little iffy with it. you can drive for two hours, sure thing, but just put that you had a 15min break in there. the RTA is big on the 'stop, revive, survive' get-up, so i would be putting that in there, lest they check it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)