• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Feelings towards year 12 (1 Viewer)

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
lyounamu said:
Lol. I have done my some of my water module notes on the "solubility of solutes in a water solvent". It's the best module ever. I love Chemistry during holidays but I hate Chemistry during school time. I cannot stand the teacher and the class. :(
I know how you feel. Chemistry classes for me basically means free period, except that we can't do what we like. :(

Are you dropping it because of the teacher and class? :(

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
My chem teacher is good, except, I just don't pay attention. =\

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Continuum said:
I know how you feel. Chemistry classes for me basically means free period, except that we can't do what we like. :(

Are you dropping it because of the teacher and class? :(
Yes. It might be one of the most stupid reason. I do not learn anything in class. Nothing! I have to teach even the most basic things myself.

But I will see how I go.

Chemistry periods are not even like the free periods for me... I also have to do tonnes of irrelevant work.

Last edited:

rambam92

HSC
Chemistry's one of my fav subjects - becuase my teachers gives good notes and is decent at explaining the harder conecpts - but were a bit behind so these holidays im covering the basic of future topics so when he explains the harder stuff ill be ready cos he said we have to speed up

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
lyounamu said:
Yes. It might be one of the most stupid reason. I do not learn anything in class. Nothing! I have to teach even the most basic things myself.

But I will see how I go.

Chemistry periods are not even like the free periods for me... I also have to do tonnes of irrelevant work.
Neither, except that I got my tutor... so yeah... it was really tough when I didn't though, I had no idea what the hell the term 'covalent network' meant until several days before the actual exam.

Haha, yeah I kind of get irrelevant work as well, it's really shit. :mad:

The Kaiser

HSC
For the most part, I'm worried that with the marks I'm getting now I will not be able to make it into a medicine scholarship (Estimated UAI of 98.3, which is not enough). I'm enjoying Biology (strangely enough), Maths and Chemistry and will probably enjoy the HSC Topics as well, but that fear of performance in the HSC/UAI always distracts me somewhat. (Thank God that Year 11 marks don't count)

Aerath said:
My chem teacher is good, except, I just don't pay attention. =\
I'm probably the only student that actually pays full attention to Deeming, and yet I'm still getting poor marks, how does that work? :confused:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
The Kaiser said:
For the most part, I'm worried that with the marks I'm getting now I will not be able to make it into a medicine scholarship (Estimated UAI of 98.3, which is not enough). I'm enjoying Biology (strangely enough), Maths and Chemistry and will probably enjoy the HSC Topics as well, but that fear of performance in the HSC/UAI always distracts me somewhat. (Thank God that Year 11 marks don't count)

I'm probably the only student that actually pays full attention to Deeming, and yet I'm still getting poor marks, how does that work? :confused:
Don't worry. As I said 201982012984 times, "The first stage of learning is confusion". The first 2 terms of the Preliminary year are the transition period. This is the period where you try to adapt to the new academic environment - people are working harder, the contents became suddently more difficult, abrupt increase in workload and competitive environment. Even in my school, some people who were 3rd Dux or 4th Dux last year are performing quite poorly. They are well out of the top 10 ranks.

Perceive the following term as your real time to shine. I have let myself down in few occassions. My poor work ethics and ignorance reflected my result in the past few months. Now, I am working like never before. I really feel that next term will be the one to succeed in.

AppleNader

HSC
This is what I was like for the bulk of year 11.

I had a reputation for being the most undisciplined underachiever in the grade.

Owing to my extreme resistance to the usual mode of learning, I had systematically alienated myself from regular classes. I was noted for consistently poor grades and failures. I had marked intolerance for any frustration, and frequently i would be reported to the office for such unruly and disruptive behavior as fighting and cursing.

I was freqently absent, and the teachers, for the most part, welcomed my absence with a sense of relief. Prior to this year I had been suspended from regular classes for a variety of infractions at least once. I was a chronic dentention recipient.

I had turned all of this around in Year 12, excelling and reaching my full potential . I now approach my HSC studies with full gusto and pride. My ill-disciplined prelim self is nothing but a distant memory in the minds of everyone at my school.

HSC
Aplus said:
I feel stupid now...
aw im sorry. i didnt mean to. im pretty sure youll do better than me in the HSC.

but yeah, as kat said formulas and laws come up a little.

but it really is enough to vaguely remember them even. you get all the formulae on a sheet and you just have to be able to recognise them.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
rambam92 said:
Personally im slightely afraid of the possible workload and stress,
but i reckon if i can set out distinct goals e.g. Top 10 ranking in all my subjects then plan my time accordingly between Study, Sport and Fun - then hopefully ill be able to get my desired UAI and come out of the HSc experience better for it. But come the first week of year 12 ill be hell nervous
I'm not afraid about the workload and stress, but more afraid of the marks/rankings I achieve against my cohort and the state.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
The Kaiser said:
I'm pretty sure Alex, Siva, and Simon pay attention.
It's just my group at the back of the class that start going off on a tangent, and start gossiping away. And he always has to ask ME, the questions. :\

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
And he always has to ask ME, the questions. :\
Maximise your teacher's attention towards yourself for top marks :)

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Aplus said:
Depends on what aspect of you they turn their attention to. :p

Can't be good if all they see you do is talking. :p

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Charity F said:
That's pretty the same story for me with my Physics teacher this year.

I don't bother copying anything down, i don't listen to what she says. I mostly play connector four or hangman or talk with my friend. Sometimes we both do some maths.

It's sad because i really enjoy the subject, i just loathe my teacher. Physics at school is a total waste of time for me.
I also hate it when a teacher ruins a subject that should otherwise be enjoyable. :mad:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
I really beg to differ - since all Deeming sees me do is talk. ;)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Continuum said:
I also hate it when a teacher ruins a subject that should otherwise be enjoyable. :mad:
*Chemistry* "Cough", "Cough"

*Mathematics* "Cough", "Cough"

*basically all my subjects* "Cough", "Cough"

jimmayy

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Feelings towards year 12

my feeling towards year 12 lets see.. i got problems such as im not doing top from what i was doing in yr 10 and in yr 11 im pretty average =/

its so much different so much difficult for mee even if i do general maths with physics
im failing physics =/ and i wanna top it up xD like actucally pass =/ but my teacher cant teach. She's smart and all but how she explains is not in depth. SO ITS GG PHYISCS XD my other subjects i can improve in xD and feeling towards year 12 i reckon will be one of the hardest things as its the HSC year xD with alot of stress

happyness

HSC
I think that it's approaching too quickly! I'm kind of glad that it's going to be a fresh start and all, but I'm worried about the workload, and the pressure to perform well (school, parents but above all, myself).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)