• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Feelings towards year 12 (1 Viewer)

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Incredibly overrated, from my experience :).

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Forget year 12. I'm already nervous that I won't finish all my summaries/study notes/revision guide making by the end of these holidays, because the next holidays are going to be needed for Year 12 pre-preparation.

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Forget year 12. I'm already nervous that I won't finish all my summaries/study notes/revision guide making by the end of these holidays, because the next holidays are going to be needed for Year 12 pre-preparation.
...why are you wanting to get those done? woo they count for nothing and get thrown out at the end of term 3! better stress more about them and get them done man!

Aplus

HSC
N/A
lolcal said:
...why are you wanting to get those done? woo they count for nothing and get thrown out at the end of term 3! better stress more about them and get them done man!
Preliminary modules may come back to haunt me in HSC year :(

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A
i can't speak for physics or modern but bio = no. english = no. maths = why would you need summary notes other than what's in class? whatever man... your time.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I'm only doing Biology and Physics. English and Mathematics not really needed, and I'm 100% sure I'm dropping Modern.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Your year 11 notes can be useful, ive had to dig mine out from time to time and they can really help clarify things, but i wouldnt spend too much time on them, their not that important

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
locked.on said:
Jealous, much?
No. Why? I am beating him every single subject except Biology where we equally tied first.

HSC
Aplus said:
I'm only doing Biology and Physics. English and Mathematics not really needed, and I'm 100% sure I'm dropping Modern.
year 11 physics notes are relatively useless.
just have a few notes on the basics of circuits and project motion and youll be fine.
though these are the things that even a monkey could remember, so i dont understand why you would need to make notes on it.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
scaredytiger said:
year 11 physics notes are relatively useless.
just have a few notes on the basics of circuits and project motion and youll be fine.
though these are the things that even a monkey could remember, so i dont understand why you would need to make notes on it.
Lol.

I agree with Aplus. I make notes as well because some of the notes in Year 11 may prove helpful.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: Feelings towards year 12

lyounamu said:
Hahahahaha...

Who knows? Year 11 undercover nerds are the REAL NERDS. They were always there. It was just that no one notices their existence due to their extremely advanced camouflage of cigarette, detention, failed exam papers, scars on their faces, knives, pistols and highly abusive language.

REAL NERDS never let others aware of their presences and keep quiet for the right moment to strike and snatch the crown. It just appears to those undercover nerds that Year 11 is a right moment to triumph over the original nerds because by Year 11. That's the way I see it as an undercover nerd.

On a serious note, undercover nerds are the ones I am frightened of. At my school, the current top ranks are increasingly getting dominated by the undercover nerds. No body expected a good-looking, muscular rugby kid to come first in Economics, Biology and PD/H/PE. And he is the only guy at my school to have come first in 3 subjects. He is noted as a "cool guy" due to his unwillingness to listen to teacher, tonnes of detention, 1st Rugby team, good apperance, many friends (female ones in particular) and other bits and pieces.
Thank God, someone with a bloody clue in this thread. Wait - I have to be politically correct over this, THIS ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN TO EVERYONE, NOT EVERYONE IS AN UNDERCOVER NERD.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: Re: Feelings towards year 12

tommykins said:
Thank God, someone with a bloody clue in this thread. Wait - I have to be politically correct over this, THIS ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN TO EVERYONE, NOT EVERYONE IS AN UNDERCOVER NERD.

Hahahahahahah...

I have a clue. It is just that I lack political correctness by a long shot. :rofl:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
scaredytiger said:
I feel stupid now...

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I guess some notes that effectively summarise the preliminary course could be helpful, especially for the peace of mind of some.

In all honesty, I don't think they'll really be required next year, however I'll still probably write them out in order to revise for the end of year exams, and just keep them somewhere should I somehow need to revisit a basic concept next year.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
I feel stupid now...
Don't worry. The people who will come top in the end (state rankers) are the ones who try their best to know everything in details. More knowledge = better marks. :uhhuh:

Devouree

Good names already taken.
HSC
lyounamu said:
Don't worry. The people who will come top in the end (state rankers) are the ones who try their best to know everything in details. More knowledge = better marks. :uhhuh:
More knowledge + studying (+ kill all other competitors...)= better marks

But seriously, I take in information quickly, but never actually study very hard. So in the beginning ppl come to me for help, but after exams, the marks really don't reflect that :(

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Devouree said:
More knowledge + studying (+ kill all other competitors...)= better marks

But seriously, I take in information quickly, but never actually study very hard. So in the beginning ppl come to me for help, but after exams, the marks really don't reflect that :(
True. I think only subjects where marks reflect my true potential and effort are Business Studies, English and Mathematics.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
I'm writing my chemistry notes at the moment... I think I've included abit too much, especially considering the fact nobody gives a shit about the 'uses of metals throughout history' next year. :(

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Continuum said:
I'm writing my chemistry notes at the moment... I think I've included abit too much, especially considering the fact nobody gives a shit about the 'uses of metals throughout history' next year. :(
Lol. I have done my some of my water module notes on the "solubility of solutes in a water solvent". It's the best module ever. I love Chemistry during holidays but I hate Chemistry during school time. I cannot stand the teacher and the class. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)