• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Feelings towards year 12 (1 Viewer)

shayla

HSC
Im nervous about Yr 12.

Im scared that i am going to struggle lots and lots.

But excited that it will be my last year of school etc.

lisarh

HSC
I will soooooo not look forward to day one of year 12.

screwed

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
lyounamu said:
I am very much looking forward to Year 12. I am not scared at all. Only thing that I might be scard is myself. I want myself to live up to my own expectation and never feel burnt out. :)

Earlier the HSC, the earlier I get out there and do what I really wish to do (but I need to make sure I get in first...)
Lol, yeah, I bet lots of people are scared of not living up to their own (and parents?) expectations. And yeah, burning out would really suck. :p

Devouree

Good names already taken.
HSC
Aerath said:
LOL, dropping extracurricular activities? Woosh, that was your Prefect's badge and tie being confiscated by Kesting. ;)
pfft, not that I'd get it in the first place. Still hopeful though.

bored of sc

HSC
Year 12 will be what you make of it. A test of will-power, determination and consistency; the plight for academic excellence will in turn lead to the suffering and stress of many human beings (including time, relationships, health etc). In a world thriving on competition year 12 will be a visciously dog-eat-dog world with your opponents using ANY means within reason to gain an edge. It is a time where those who normally hide undercover in terms of academic abilities come out to play and show that they are a real threat. It's a time where pacing yourself will usually defeat mass-studying-sessions. It's a time when the year seems to move so fast and when its over you wonder if you've done those 13 years of schooling justice.

Emotions ablaze! The rollercoaster of moods and feelings towards all your subjects are in a continuous cycle of sky-rocketing out into space and plummetting back down to the Earth.

Year 12 will be tough and the most testing of times for many academics. But a level-head and starting will the end goal in sight will allow smooth sailing regardless of what the fates throw in your way. Just remember to breathe and all will be good.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:
Year 12 will be what you make of it. A test of will-power, determination and consistency; the plight for academic excellence will in turn lead to the suffering and stress of many human beings (including time, relationships, health etc). In a world thriving on competition year 12 will be a visciously dog-eat-dog world with your opponents using ANY means within reason to gain an edge. It is a time where those who normally hide undercover in terms of academic abilities come out to play and show that they are a real threat. It's a time where pacing yourself will usually defeat mass-studying-sessions. It's a time when the year seems to move so fast and when its over you wonder if you've done those 13 years of schooling justice.

Emotions ablaze! The rollercoaster of moods and feelings towards all your subjects are in a continuous cycle of sky-rocketing out into space and plummetting back down to the Earth.

Year 12 will be tough and the most testing of times for many academics. But a level-head and starting will the end goal in sight will allow smooth sailing regardless of what the fates throw in your way. Just remember to breathe and all will be good.
Sounds like an eliseliselise-like post. ;)

jaychouf4n

HSC
scared as hell

T_T

Ive got the parents' expectations to achieve a 99+ UAI :(

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
jaychouf4n said:
scared as hell

T_T

Ive got the parents' expectations to achieve a 99+ UAI :(
That's just not right. I would actually leave my house and live my own if my parents constantly forced me to get a 99+ UAI. I cannot live under that pressure.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
sikhman said:
melodramatic much.....

i'm expecting it to be mostly the same....except for the amount of work.....got to keep it all in perspective :)
Increase in the workload or the decrease?

rambam92

HSC
Personally im slightely afraid of the possible workload and stress,
but i reckon if i can set out distinct goals e.g. Top 10 ranking in all my subjects then plan my time accordingly between Study, Sport and Fun - then hopefully ill be able to get my desired UAI and come out of the HSc experience better for it. But come the first week of year 12 ill be hell nervous

brisee

HSC
I've been fearing Year 12 since Year 3. It always seemed so far away and now here it is! Initially I was more scared of post-school because I've been at my school since kindergarten XD, then I started to worry about HSC, now, I have never cared less in my life. I think I'll enjoy the adventure =P

Who's with me??

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
brisee said:
I've been fearing Year 12 since Year 3. It always seemed so far away and now here it is! Initially I was more scared of post-school because I've been at my school since kindergarten XD, then I started to worry about HSC, now, I have never cared less in my life. I think I'll enjoy the adventure =P

Who's with me??
I am with ya! :)

Join the rollercoaster ride, people!

eliseliselise

HSC
bored of sc said:

that was beautiful!! brought a tear of joy... i now kinda feel pleasantly reassured, and the nightmares of a UAI < 97 just seem to be slipping away.... i don't know WHY you didn't do 3u eng, boredofsc!! [ps become a psychiatrist/motivational speaker or something]

i honestly am quite excited about year 12 [envisions physics textbook disappearing over the horizon]. however, there is the underlying fear of losing my lucky highly ergonomic pen the day before the english adv paper 1, and the lingering nemesis that lies hiding inside my 3 calculators [2 of which are "borrowed"]- ready to erupt, should the veneer of full battery power wear off... -shudder-

the only thing i don't like about the though of year 12 is, in the end, after all this hardwork [and hours spent on bos] to have not paid off, and for me to be stuck doing something i don't have a passion for.. at the end of the day, i believe, and remain hopeful that it will be the original nerds that will triumph over these newly introduced year 11 undercover nerds.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
eliseliselise said:
that was beautiful!! brought a tear of joy... i now kinda feel pleasantly reassured, and the nightmares of a UAI < 97 just seem to be slipping away.... i don't know WHY you didn't do 3u eng, boredofsc!! [ps become a psychiatrist/motivational speaker or something]

i honestly am quite excited about year 12 [envisions physics textbook disappearing over the horizon]. however, there is the underlying fear of losing my lucky highly ergonomic pen the day before the english adv paper 1, and the lingering nemesis that lies hiding inside my 3 calculators [2 of which are "borrowed"]- ready to erupt, should the veneer of full battery power wear off... -shudder-

the only thing i don't like about the though of year 12 is, in the end, after all this hardwork [and hours spent on bos] to have not paid off, and for me to be stuck doing something i don't have a passion for.. at the end of the day, i believe, and remain hopeful that it will be the original nerds that will triumph over these newly introduced year 11 undercover nerds.
Hahahahaha...

Who knows? Year 11 undercover nerds are the REAL NERDS. They were always there. It was just that no one notices their existence due to their extremely advanced camouflage of cigarette, detention, failed exam papers, scars on their faces, knives, pistols and highly abusive language.

REAL NERDS never let others aware of their presences and keep quiet for the right moment to strike and snatch the crown. It just appears to those undercover nerds that Year 11 is a right moment to triumph over the original nerds because by Year 11. That's the way I see it as an undercover nerd.

On a serious note, undercover nerds are the ones I am frightened of. At my school, the current top ranks are increasingly getting dominated by the undercover nerds. No body expected a good-looking, muscular rugby kid to come first in Economics, Biology and PD/H/PE. And he is the only guy at my school to have come first in 3 subjects. He is noted as a "cool guy" due to his unwillingness to listen to teacher, tonnes of detention, 1st Rugby team, good apperance, many friends (female ones in particular) and other bits and pieces.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
lol wow, you guys are really...keen about year 12.

locked.on

HSC
lyounamu said:
Hahahahaha...

Who knows? Year 11 undercover nerds are the REAL NERDS. They were always there. It was just that no one notices their existence due to their extremely advanced camouflage of cigarette, detention, failed exam papers, scars on their faces, knives, pistols and highly abusive language.

REAL NERDS never let others aware of their presences and keep quiet for the right moment to strike and snatch the crown. It just appears to those undercover nerds that Year 11 is a right moment to triumph over the original nerds because by Year 11. That's the way I see it as an undercover nerd.

On a serious note, undercover nerds are the ones I am frightened of. At my school, the current top ranks are increasingly getting dominated by the undercover nerds. No body expected a good-looking, muscular rugby kid to come first in Economics, Biology and PD/H/PE. And he is the only guy at my school to have come first in 3 subjects. He is noted as a "cool guy" due to his unwillingness to listen to teacher, tonnes of detention, 1st Rugby team, good apperance, many friends (female ones in particular) and other bits and pieces.
Jealous, much?

Muz4PM

HSC
Really, Year 12 I have found so far is an over-rated experience.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
i want in and out of the meat grinder as fast as possible.

maybe because i'm resentful of my subjects deviating from my original plan and any affinity i have for certain subjects is negated by the fact that i would not trust many of my teachers with my hsc [which really is the be-all-and-end-all for me].

and i'm currently of the opinion that any sadness at leaving school would be the result of some insidious stockholm syndrome.

*NB - i have 5 assessments and am burnt out right now - totally not digging pedagogy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)