First year at uni and hate it! (1 Viewer)

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
Am I the only one "cruising" through uni and loving it? I mean I understand the work but I'm not going crazy or anything... :p I mean I do some work but I feel so bludgy lol. How come all of you are complaining heaps???? Go back and do hsc english THEN complain about uni!

Also yeah, WHAT?! NO MORE MANNING, HERMANN ETC?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

izzy88

HSC
Well yeah that makes sense if the notes are put up after, but I'm talking about when they are online before and all you have to do is print them out and bring them.
that also makes sense- I've never had classes that put the powerpoints or notes up online beforehand- that would make it a lot easier!

M3riJaan

Another Member
HSC
ITT: People who can't handle working themselves because there's no tutoring to spoon feed them.
OMG what an awesome point!!! im guessing you dont take tutoring either? Cause I didnt and am doing reasonably fine.

roookie

HSC
I hate uni so much, I hate the amount of work, I hate the travel.

I did fine in HSC, but I'm struggling so badly at uni and its only been 3 weeks.

I like my course but I can't keep up at all :(

Why did noone warn me. FML

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I hate uni too..for social reasons.

Workload wise, I can understand. First year will seem intimidating and chaotic...The way to calm yourself is to realise that at uni no one will be aiming for 100%. You should aim for a mark which you think is comfortably achievable. 60-70s sounds about right. If you're ambitious you can aim higher.
My philosophy is that one should make their transcipt in such a way that it realistically reflects their ability. If you have to work your ass off in order to get a D or HD, then even if you do, it doesn't reflect your true capability as you won't be able to do that continously for the rest of your life, you will pass out long before then. However, for some ambitious lot they might be more than happy to work hard to get to where they want to be, if you're happy doing that, then all is well.
So just relax and do what you're comfortable with, and some of you may even surprise yourself. :)

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
I hate uni too..for social reasons.

Workload wise, I can understand. First year will seem intimidating and chaotic...The way to calm yourself is to realise that at uni no one will be aiming for 100%. You should aim for a mark which you think is comfortably achievable. 60-70s sounds about right. If you're ambitious you can aim higher.
My philosophy is that one should make their transcipt in such a way that it realistically reflects their ability. If you have to work your ass off in order to get a D or HD, then even if you do, it doesn't reflect your true capability as you won't be able to do that continously for the rest of your life, you will pass out long before then. However, for some ambitious lot they might be more than happy to work hard to get to where they want to be, if you're happy doing that, then all is well.
So just relax and do what you're comfortable with, and some of you may even surprise yourself. :)
Wow wtf dude. What you just wrote is probably the worst advice i've ever read on these forums. This is exactly the opposite of what you do if you want to be successful in university.

please tell me your trolling

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
Wow wtf dude. What you just wrote is probably the worst advice i've ever read on these forums. This is exactly the opposite of what you do if you want to be successful in university.

please tell me your trolling
Um, actually, it was fairly accurate. If you're constantly trying to aim for 100% in every course at uni, especially full-time students, you will burn out within the first couple of weeks and/or set yourself up for incredible disappointment come exam time. Unless you are superhuman. (Some people are.) Aiming for the highest mark that you yourself can possibly get is far more realistic than aiming for 100%.

At uni, no one else really, truly cares if you don't get straight HD's.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Um, actually, it was fairly accurate. If you're constantly trying to aim for 100% in every course at uni, especially full-time students, you will burn out within the first couple of weeks and/or set yourself up for incredible disappointment come exam time. Unless you are superhuman. (Some people are.) Aiming for the highest mark that you yourself can possibly get is far more realistic than aiming for 100%.

At uni, no one else really, truly cares if you don't get straight HD's.
I agree but i wouldn't say that no-one aims for 100% at uni, thats just silly. In my experience straight D/HD students usually don't have superhuman intelligence with no time for anything other than uniwork, they are just really good at using their time effectively and knuckling down when they really have to.

mahdi

HSC
I think the reason so many people (including me) feel like uni is killing them is due to two reasons.

Firstly, most days i finish at 5 and it freaking hurts when i remember i used to finish at latest 2 - 3:30 in yr 12. Finishing so late drains my energy and im just pissed of by the time i get home - and on top of this i cant help but think how much worse it will be when day light savings ends (dark by 5:30!).

Secondly, the travel time! Most people had a significantly shorter distance to school. It took me 10 mins to get to school, now it takes 1 hour +.

uni is some thick shit.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

unles ur doin engineering/science stop ur bitchin'

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
I think the reason so many people (including me) feel like uni is killing them is due to two reasons.

Firstly, most days i finish at 5 and it freaking hurts when i remember i used to finish at latest 2 - 3:30 in yr 12. Finishing so late drains my energy and im just pissed of by the time i get home - and on top of this i cant help but think how much worse it will be when day light savings ends (dark by 5:30!).

Secondly, the travel time! Most people had a significantly shorter distance to school. It took me 10 mins to get to school, now it takes 1 hour +.

uni is some thick shit.
Working for a living is gonna be a real struggle then, son.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)