• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Flying Flag banned (5 Viewers)

elisabeth

HSC
tattoodguy said:
etting any immmigrant live in our country is a fucking privlidge........ alot of the time its purely out of charity....and these peices of shit repay us, by stealing from us and forming their isolated little ethnic communities.

You go into these little shanty towns, with all their funny langages and weird smells etc, and u feeel u are tresspasssing and u shouldnt be there ( its ur own fucking country for god sake and their the ones tresspassing .)
So are you Aboriginal then? Where are YOUR ancestors from? Because, if you're a white Australian, don't forget how the first European settlers came here... when the country was ALREADY settled! You fucking trespassing immigrant, you!

Or maybe you consider yourself a true blue Aussie because you were born here? Go talk to some other Australians who were born here, lived here all their lives but happen to have an ethnic background different to yours. Are they just bloody immigrants too?

:rolleyes:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
its still empty...to me..when you go overseas..and live in other countrys
you will understand
my friend went to iran for 3 months and never wanted to come back
because in her words she said there was more "life"..there
same as in lebanon..and european countrys
and i think so to
dont get me wrong
i love australia
but its still lacking something..

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
soha said:
its still empty...to me..when you go overseas..and live in other countrys
you will understand
my friend went to iran for 3 months and never wanted to come back
because in her words she said there was more "life"..there
same as in lebanon..and european countrys
and i think so to
dont get me wrong
i love australia
but its still lacking something..
So give it what it's lacking :)

Change society!

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
erm..if i could
i dunno..it must be the western lifestyle..meh
i dont care..im not totally depressed
and i love australia..its after all my home..for 18 years...
so yeah

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I don't like Australia is lacking, I love this country. Have you, by any chance, seen outside Sydney? Sydney is decent enough, but rather generic by international standards. LA is much like Sydney, bigger, more polluted and lacking in a harbour and bridge, but essentially, they're much the same. Sydney as a city is a pretty good place, and nothing beats crossing into Emu Plains, Campbelltown or Helensburg and knowing you're home, but i'll agree, it does lack something. I love it because it's my home.

But go outside Sydney and see the real Australia - far noth Queensland, the Central and South coast, inland Australia, from Coonabarabran to Kalgoorlie and you'll see what this nation has to offer. As for the comment on population density, thats simply because people (of all backgrounds) more often than not prefer Metropolitan centres like Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and those who want to move to the bush tend to go for coastal towns like Batmens Bay, Byron, Port Stephens, rather than inland towns. Thats why our per square metre population is relativly low. This country has everything I could ever ask for. If you don't like it, I'm sure they're many other nations out there that will have you. Don't say, if you feel the likes of Iran or Lebanon are so much better than Australia, what are you doing here?

You see, what I feel it comes down to is, do you see yourself as Australian? Australian with another background, fine. But people who come here and live here for years and years and years, have children here, but still look down on this country, whoes children, even though they're born in Australia, still consider them as nationals of their country of origin. Have your background, but if you choose to make Australia your home, forever, it makes you Australian. Its the people who refuse to accept this that annoys me. If they find our nation so filthy that they refuse to class themselves among us, that they see themselves above Australians (of all backgrounds), why are they here to begin with? Thats what my opinion is.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
firstly im only here because of the war..
plus my dad dragged us here and he loves this country to pieces
secondly..i dont think this country is filthy..its beautiful
but its still lacking..and i have been to places..around nsw but not around australia
i am an australian of lebanese decent
but then when i say that people say no ur not australian ..ur lebanese
so what am i i dont know
a citizen?..im not allowed to call this country my own sometimes
but whatever thats not the point

hey i feel tehre is something missing..or soemthing that i dont quite like about this country
geez..is that a crime..i cnat help it if i feel this way
because in my eyes i can see it
but i love it here all the same..and i am grateful to be here and stuff
but what can ya do..im not bagging it out and complaining how shit it is and how much i wanna leave and everyone sux
no.not at all

and have u been to various countys to be able to say no australia is not lacking?
just a question

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
We can only address multicultural society by electing a Chinese Prime Minister.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I think electing a Taiwanese Prime Minister would be better for it.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Why does addressing multiculturalism mean we must give other cultures a step over 10th generation australians? Its like addressing sexism by giving women more rights than men, going from extreme to the other does nothing but create more conflict. A Prime Minister should be elected on merit over background.

And no, a Australia should not have a Chinese PM. An Australian with Chinese background fine, but someone who identifies as Chinese over Australian has no right to the 'top job' in Australia.

Soha, you are what you feel you are. I know people who have Lebanese background but identify as Australians because they have grown up here, but their background is Lebanese. You see thats what I tend to drive at - it doesn't matter what your background is, if you feel your Australian and can say that your proud of the fact you are Australian (Not patriotism, just simply saying 'Yes, I'm Australian' is what I mean) because this is your home, then you are, in my view, Australian. Its those who immigrate here, refuse to intergrate and throw their weight around and maintain that they will never be Australian are the people who shit me. You clearly don't fall into that catagory, in my view, you are Australian, with a lebanese background, but essentially Australian. I went to school with alot of Lebanese (and a few other parts of the Middle East like Palistine, but mainly Lebanon) and a a fair few of those kids looked down on us 'dumb skips', they hated everything about Australia and treated us as inferior because we were Australian. Added to the fact they were automatically treated better than 'the rest' because they cried racisim if they weren't, is the main fuel behind my anger. But, I also see this was a small sect of immigrants, and I appreciate that the quiet majority are not this way inclined. I have many friends of different backgrounds and when I'm with them, I don't see someone as Asian or Islander or Middle Eastern, they're just mates. It's only the people who make the difference obvious, by saying that they are not Australian and nor will they ever be.

Also, I've been to the states, thats it. I haven't seen much of the world, and I really don't want to. Unlike alot of other people our age, I haven't got the 'travel bug'. You know, perhaps New Zealand or Fiji, but at the end of the day, I have everything I want in Australia :)

Xayma -- Good point, like to see the reaction to that happening.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Nationality and citisenship is a contested field, and it isn't that fair to criticise a person's 'un-Australian' nature when their interpretation of national belonging may differ to your own.

I believe that Australia is what we (recent immigrants, anglo-celtic Australians, indigenous Australians, etc) make of it, and that is what makes the country at large great... Everyone deserves a fair go, especially as this is a modern-day nation-state of immigrants.

---

Edit: The idea that Australia is what we make of it is intimately linked to the general principles of Australian liberty developed overtime by the anglo-celtic majority...

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
True, but people who live here permenantly, regardless of their backgrounds, are essentially Australians. If you are ashamed by this fact, or straight our refuse to be considered 'Australian', they why immigrate here to begin with? If you were born here, why not leave? I work at the International Airport, and I've met people who have Australian ancestory and travel on Australian passports, and still hate Australia and the people and feel they are above us. One man stood out, he even said his family had been here for generations, and he absolutley hated Australia, hated that he was a citizen and felt he was above Australians - People like him shouldn't be here. I admit, it's just not immigrants, it's all people who live here permenantly pratically spit on this country.

Generator

HSC
N/A
You seem to be suggesting that a person cannot appreciate what the country offers yet hate it (or aspects of it) at the same time... Freedom of thought is part of what makes this such a great country

Many immigrants may not be here through choice (spouses, children, elderly relatives, etc), so you cannot just say that they should not have come.

alien

HSC
Generator said:
indigenous Australians, etc
off topic: i met this guy who looked SOOOO good and he was really nice and he was part aboriginal.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Yes, but people who blantaly hate this place should not be here. It's like a Sharks supporter walking into St George Leauges club, becoming a member, getting the cheap drinks, free pool, using the pokies, all while saying how crap the Dragons are and how Cronulla will shit all over them this year.

Crap anaology, but esstenially the same thing. See the faults, fine, but people who straight out hate Australia and all it means to be Australians have no place here.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Hahahaha, They do! I'm all for the Dragons, especially over the......Sharks......

Member and all, though not my favorite place to drink ;)

tattoodguy

rabbit..............u are not being harsh enuffff.

they shouldnt bring their religious bull shit here............. our governments attitude is lets make some intruders feeel at home........................and make the true australian citizens feeel out of place .................

its fucking bull shit.

u can pray to whoever the fuck u want..but do it in ur own filthy homes.

u can eat shit for alll i care.....but do it in ur own home......................i dont want to seee fooood shops...and all that..........smeared with all this ethnic language....fucking learn english u pieces of shit.

u want to get ur drving licence? do u want to do ur test in lebanese? chinese ?......what else can we do to cater for u? u want all the street signs translated as welll?

go and get fucked u usellesss fucks..............go back to where u belong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)