• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

For those who believe that homosexuality is genetic (1 Viewer)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
because they became prosperous by pillaging out and screwing up every other ethnicities cultures.
It's hardly our fault that spears aren't quite as effective as automatic weapons. Natural heirarchy based upon technology and science. Seems quite reasonable to me.

bazrah

HSC
Scorch, you are arguing with a retard. All christians are backwards and still think the sun revolves around the earth.
Hmmm that's funny I don't believe that, and to be fair it was "Christians" who built on the heliocentric view of the universe.

Scorch

HSC
Hmmm that's funny I don't believe that, and to be fair it was "Christians" who built on the heliocentric view of the universe.
As I said literally the post after:
I established that a long time ago. They're not necessarily that backwards, but they still believe in an invisible sky man who can sentence you to hell for thought crime and the 'sins' of imaginary people thousands of years ago that never existed and spend most of their life making excuses for the fact that their Holy Book is a brutal exposé of Bronze Age barbarity at its finest.​

Yet to address your point, Christianity has nothing to do with the heliocentric view of the universe. Its roots are in the 3rd Century writings of Aristarchus of Samos, which were then built upon by Copernicus, Galileo and Kepler. Galileo was directly tortured by the Church into rescinding his statements.

Scorch

HSC
i cant be bothered reading the last 6 pages

summary of events please
Religious people are largely either stupid or ignorant. One cannot fully understand the facts and believe in any kind of religion.

That summary goes a lot further back than 6 pages, however.

bazrah

HSC
As I said literally the post after:
I established that a long time ago. They're not necessarily that backwards, but they still believe in an invisible sky man who can sentence you to hell for thought crime and the 'sins' of imaginary people thousands of years ago that never existed and spend most of their life making excuses for the fact that their Holy Book is a brutal exposé of Bronze Age barbarity at its finest.
Yet to address your point, Christianity has nothing to do with the heliocentric view of the universe. Its roots are in the 3rd Century writings of Aristarchus of Samos, which were then built upon by Copernicus, Galileo and Kepler. Galileo was directly tortured by the Church into rescinding his statements.
I didn't even read your post I was answering to the guy who said Christians believe the sun revolves around the earth.

To address your point, I never said Christianity has anything to do with the heliocentric view of the universe. Notice the word "built". Yep Copernicus, Galileo, and Kepler they were the exact three Christians I was thinking of when I said Christians "built" on the heliocentric view.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I didn't even read your post I was answering to the guy who said Christians believe the sun revolves around the earth.

To address your point, I never said Christianity has anything to do with the heliocentric view of the universe. Notice the word "built". Yep Copernicus, Galileo, and Kepler they were the exact three Christians I was thinking of when I said Christians "built" on the heliocentric view.
Yes except you might want to Google and see what happened to Galileo

Scorch

HSC
Except there is nothing to suggest that any of them had any strong religious belief and rather a bit to suggest they didn't. Even this weren't the case, allow me to be blunt and ask: what the hell is your point?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Except there is nothing to suggest that any of them had any strong religious belief and rather a bit to suggest they didn't. Even this weren't the case, allow me to be blunt and ask: what the hell is your point?
Well it is well known that Galileo was a practicing Catholic, he sent his daughters off to become nuns and such...

But I'm not sure what their Christianity has to do with their founding of the heliocentric view, when clearly this was in stark contradiction to the teachings of the Church. It had nothing to do with their Christianity and more to do with their brilliant minds as scientists.

For anybody to try and link their Christianity to their findings is dumb, especially given that Galileo was persecuted for it by the Church.

Scorch

HSC
Well it is well known that Galileo was a practicing Catholic, he sent his daughters off to become nuns and such...

But I'm not sure what their Christianity has to do with their founding of the heliocentric view, when clearly this was in stark contradiction to the teachings of the Church. It had nothing to do with their Christianity and more to do with their brilliant minds as scientists.

For anybody to try and link their Christianity to their findings is dumb, especially given that Galileo was persecuted for it by the Church.
My bad, then, on the facts. Your point still remains, however.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Christians built the theory of evolution by natural selection.

bazrah

HSC
Hahaha what the hell is your point? I wasn't actually making a big statement. I was just replying to the comment that Christians still believe the sun revolves around the earth. I thought I should just point out what a silly claim it was.
There is quite a bit of evidence they all held fairly strong religious beliefs, although you could say Galileo is a bit sketchy.
Anyway, you're really getting worked up over nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)