formal dress - where? (2 Viewers)

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
n e 1 know of a nice dress shop in the city dat sells nice cocktail dresses n e price range but they have to b realli nice coz my formal is in 2mnths n 9days n i got nttn

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Hey glyc I really want to see a pic of your formal dress (and i can't copynat you cause i don't have a formal this year)!
I got mine made and I just wasnt that happy with the final product. Thats a massive downside to paying $440 for something you've never really seen.
I like it okay, but i can't see myself wearing it again... and it wasn't the best quality anyway.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
the same thing happened to me. i got a formal dress made (well really it was a cocktail dress) and although it was good quality and the colour i wanted etc, i hated it. i won't wear it ever again and i feel stupid for wasting that much money on something i could only wear once.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I think I'll just find mine in some random shop...I dont want to go Harts bcoz we have 200 girls in my year and a Harts in the local westfield...I have still 21st Nov to find mine. I think I am going to get a formal dress...even thought the majority seem to be going cocktail

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I'll post up pictures... once I bother to get them taken, ie at my formal in November. :p

And I'm telling you, you would NOTICE if more than one person was wearing mine. Considering I've actually been to an event where other people WERE wearing my dress, I think I can say that safely.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
On another note, I really like the dress Elisa Cuthbert is wearing here:

(the one in the middle)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
She's so hot in house of wax, except for the bit with the lips and pliers and glue and fingers and.... *ergh*

sladehk

le random
HSC
Formal Gear

Where's a good place to get your formal gear?
Like where to get it, and around how much it will cost.

Thanks!

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
Most of the guys I know went to the local formal shops and hired suits. The good thing was, they all had different tastes so they all wore different suits. If you're a guy, get a coloured suit and stand out!

At my formal they had red, orange, yellow, green and purple. I think they usually cost around $100 to hire? Maybe less? Not sure. To buy, a good one is around $600-800.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
Year 12 is generally much more formal. Year 10 is more of a social. Outrageous colours aren't formal enough, really.
Yeah I agree, none of the guys that came to our yr 12 formal wore outrageous colours.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
nothin wrong with wearing outrageous colours... just make sure it suits your personality, and you can pull it off...
ive been told pink is in mate, hot pink...
get it while its still available

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
oh no dont wear colours. its so not cool, or funny or anything except sad. i would make my date go home to change if he came wearing a coloured tux.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
hahahaha thats really funny.

if i dont have a bf or a hot gay friend to go with to my formal, i am totally taking a gigolo...that will be one rocking "afterparty"...

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
Depends. If you're male, go to Mensland. They have magazines full of suits to choose from.

If you're female, go as far away from home as possible to do your shopping. Less risk of you wearing the same thing as someone else.
Is bali far enough away from home to go formal shopping? :p

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
deffinitely know where ur coming from there... i was so cut when someone at my yr 10 formal showed up in a very similar dress to mine, what made it even worse is that she was special ed (no offence to them or anything)
Thats why i got both my yr 11 social dress and yr 12 formal dress in bali :D no chance of anyone having the same yay

froggy_chik87

HSC
ummm, i haven't personally been to this place, but alot of my mates got their yr 10 formal dress from there...its called barbies...here are the details

Barbies Fashion Warehouse

393 Sydney Rd Balgowlah 2093
(02) 9948 3803

hope this helps, i've heard its good!

s0k0y0e0

HSC
sladehk said:
Where's a good place to get your formal gear?
Like where to get it, and around how much it will cost.

Thanks!
In my opinion and this is what I'm going to do; go somewhere individual; even if it's an op shop; then you won't have to worry about turning up and some1 wearing the same dress as you! :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)