formal dress - where? (1 Viewer)

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
for my yr10 formal, i got my jewellry from a store in Byron Bay.
and for my yr12 formal, i got my earrings from sportsgirl about 8months before the formal, as i was going to a black tie party, so i wore what i wore to the yr12 formal, to the party.
i also wore black fishnet gloves which i had gotten for christmas.

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
Argonaut said:
The reasoning behind my argument is that a lot of stores keep records as to who has bought which type of dress and what school they're from - trust me, one of my friends said stores in Newy and Armadale keep records of purchases bound for Port Macquarie (at least two-and-a-half hours away) so that someone doesn't show up in the same dress as someone else (and we all know how devastating that can be ...)
That happened for my formal. I bought the nicest dress, they took down what grade and school I went to, and my friend went to buy the same dress and they wouldn't sell it to her. <3

ninja_star

Little Miss Vixen
HSC
HELP! formal in 2WEEKS!!!

Hey girls i need your help..
i hav had dress troubles and need to find one now.. formal is in 2 weeks!!! EEEK!
i need some help on where to find good dresses?? like ranging from $200 - $250 preferebly.. is ther any good factory outlets which are tops?
any particular stores? shops?
it would help if u kno of any in the blacktown area..but if u have any exceptional places.. please help and ill go check them out :p
thanks
xoxo

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
raid your mums wardrobe?
wear your mums wedding dress. you could possibly dye it a different color.

Lois_87

I Love Gorden Tallis!
HSC
Formal length?

Hey, Has anyone got a long formal dress?? Mine is long at the back and shorter in the front. I love it! I'm just curious to see if anyone is going like long and formal instead of cocktail.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i like the first one :D its not something you'd see normally, but it looks really nice..and i dont mind the colour

Lois_87

I Love Gorden Tallis!
HSC
Yeah, I got that one. It's from David Jones. BUt in a diff colour.

lotuschild

HSC
i got my dress made and i completly adore it... am i the only one?

sweetcherrychic

HSC
formal help

Hey people i went shopping today for the first time to look for a formal dress and i didnt find anything that i really liked.I went to hornsby and chatswood and im really scared im not going to find anything..Does anyone have any ideas on what i can do well what shops i can look at???Plz plz plz help me...

Always

HSC
What's your budget? And what kind of style dress do you want? (eg. long, shorter, classic prom-dress, cocktail, unique, etc.) Stating these will help people suggest stores...

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
there is a beautiful little formal shop in Manly called Surreal, its in Central Ave right opposite the council car park
i dont know what style of dress u want or wat ur budget it, but some of the dresses here are AMAZING... i bought mine from there and i love it lol
ask for Mish when ur there, she is lovely, and she will find the dresses that suit u best and she writes down ur school so no one else buys the same dress!!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Lois_87 said:
Check this out, tell me what you think.

http://www.mrk.com.au/N-FML/SC_1504_011_rt_a4.jpg

I hate the colour but love the style!

Or this one

http://www.mrk.com.au/Formal_2/FW_001.jpg

Let me know!
it depends what build you have. the first is good if you are tall and slim, the second would enhance the bust.

they are both very beautiful, i especially like the brooches. and its funny that you say you dont like the colour, because the first thing i noticed that i liked about the first one was the gorgeous colour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)