Free Period? (1 Viewer)

iNerd

Banned
HSC
So how many do you have each week?
What do you do during them?
How long do they last for?

Well im doing 13 units (ext maths), and I currently have 50 minutes worth of free periods every week and I personally do nothing during my free periods. It's just the whole essence of being at school and finally getting "free" time. Which in my brain is basically the equivalant of not doing work. I should be studying, but who can really be bothered...

K

khorne

I get 3 periods off ( 43 minutes each) and I generally study with friends/bludge =]

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
So how many do you have each week?
What do you do during them?
How long do they last for?

Well im doing 13 units (ext maths), and I currently have 50 minutes worth of free periods every week and I personally do nothing during my free periods. It's just the whole essence of being at school and finally getting "free" time. Which in my brain is basically the equivalant of not doing work. I should be studying, but who can really be bothered...
You'd probably have time for the boyfriend you say would be a distraction in your other friend if you actually did work, lol.

Obviously fail at time management.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hmm i have let see... 8 per fortnight... about 70 minutes each... on 5 of those, school ends early so I just go home... and 2 are during school.. and 1 is in the morning, so I just study maths in those 3..

Maths is the most important!!! :D

EDIT: I meant to say fortnight not week, also my extensions are during school time, no coming early or staying late :D

Last edited:

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
4 x 50-something minute frees a week
most who have free periods on that line move the desks together and chat
it's great

allira92

HSC
i have one lone hr long free a fortnight...
they changed the way the timetableing was done this year to eliminate most morning and afternoon classes... it was pure luck that they decided that 9 re classes a fortnight was too much

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I get 5 per fortnight. I wish I could do EX1 morning classes, so I'd have 10. Technically I have a triple free on Wednesday, but it's normally taken up by Sport, which is compulsory, so I don't actually have frees =) if it's raining I just go home.

Gunner_Fly

HSC
I wanted to do Ext maths and Ext english this year but I still had to have four electives so basically this year im doing 14 units and have a grand total of zero frees.

TheFeared

HSC
How do you guys get so many frees? I do 13 units and no free periods whatsoever, instead of sport, I do MX1.

dp624

HSC
used to have 15x 45 mins per fortnight; awesomely fun stuff. i almost never studied at school though (10 units)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I used to have about 5-6 (1 hour long) free periods a week, doing 12 units. ALl my free time meant I would often go into Drama classes from younger years, or just hang around in the library. I got put on a sort of 'library probation' from the librarian because I kept distracting other classes. :) To my knowledge I'm the only person in my school to have this happen...

iNerd

Banned
HSC
You'd probably have time for the boyfriend you say would be a distraction in your other friend if you actually did work, lol.

Obviously fail at time management.

It's only 50 minutes per week, honestly I don't even think it's very long. Even though it may seem hypocritical in relation to my other thread, but I am more of a study at home person (and having a bf would interrupt with tht). So no, I won't have time. And may I mention i have three days where I start school at 7:30am... and by the time I do get my first and only free for the week, can you blame me for just chiling out?

jurianroku

HSC
lols, i have 13x40 free periods a week. I do 11 units, 2 of them TVET Accounting and 1 unit MX1.
I like bludge half, do maths in the other half =]

iMAN2

HSC
N/A
lol ok guyz. i guess i win :D 20 frees a fortnight so i guess 10 frees a week (50 minz each). Doing 14 units for hsc, done 2 already, and two out of school so i guess currently in school 10 units.

Most of the time theyre spent on chatting and making crude jokes with me friends, and the rare chance of study.

Savana

HSC
I have 6 free periods every fortnight, so 3 p/week. I generally use this time to study, but if theres nothing that needs to be done urgently then I take the time to relax. I'm doing 13 units, all pretty demanding subjects, so any free time is great. :)

band-geek-92

HSC
im doing 13 units and get one per week and it goes for 50 mins.

but it suks cause i never get lunch: ext. english mondays, canteen duty tuesday (i have work in the canteen 1x a week cause im a prefect), off-campus sport on wednesday, ext. english thurdays, ext. english friday 1, choir friday 2.

i guess it kinda evens out though cause i dont do before or after school classes... still, it suks.

lovinDRsuccess

HSC
hahhaa..well i get 16 frees about an hour each....that's only cos i have morning classes, afternoon classes and two lunch periods as well..gay ><. You either study in library or just go home early.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)