Had to do it - Band 6 anyone? (1 Viewer)

blabla91

HSC
Well my teacher is a marker, and I know for a fact that if she sees a quote she has not heard before, she literally looks it up.
wow lets hope i dont get her as my marker then - i always attribute my quotes to the wrong people - i didnt think they were allowed to look up in the marking centres?

simplyyme

HSC
did anyone else find the 12 mark question for sparta about the roles of the kings stupid ?, they usually have roles and priveledges of the kings in one questions and the roles on its own should have been swapped with the economy question.
cause i swear i wrote more about the spartan economy than i did on that == "

anyways lets hope for at least 80 raw ( probably wishful thinking with this mark)

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
did anyone else find the 12 mark question for sparta about the roles of the kings stupid ?, they usually have roles and priveledges of the kings in one questions and the roles on its own should have been swapped with the economy question.
cause i swear i wrote more about the spartan economy than i did on that == "

anyways lets hope for at least 80 raw ( probably wishful thinking with this mark)
i know right!
i was like why the fuck is this the 12-marker
did include privileges, though.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
wow lets hope i dont get her as my marker then - i always attribute my quotes to the wrong people - i didnt think they were allowed to look up in the marking centres?
We can check in the marking centres but we simply don't have the time (marking at about 4 minutes per essay).

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
I'd like to get a band 6 but I'm doubtful. Stuffed up somewhat with the Solon/Peisistratus essay (I blame myself for not studying enough for Peisistratus. I wrote as much about him as I could but the bulk of the essay was about Solon, and at least that was decent and I made a fairly good conclusion).
A band 5 would be nice but I can hope for a band 6 due to everything else being pretty okay.

Swalden

HSC
But the markets have hundreds of papers to go through, as if they would bother.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
bullshit four minutes per essay.
seriously.

The marking rate is set at between 12 and 15 per hour so between 4 and 5 minutes per essay.

Remember that all we do is read them, check with the marking guideline, write the mark on the sheet and move on. It isn't like we write notes on them or anything like that.

The first night or so we will probably take longer due to checking more with the marking guideline but by the end of marking when we have read hundreds of them we will be marking them much faster.

First full night I expect to mark about 40 in 4 hours but on the last night I would do 60 in the same time due to simply knowing the guidelines.

lynton

HSC
does your mark get scaled against the whole year or other people who do similar subjects? I dont know if it is a stupid question? I went soo good in Pompeii, Sparta and Hatshepsut but i majorly stuffed it in NKE. If othr people stuffed it in that section two, what does that mean?
i dunno, my hopes of band six have dropped to band 5- hopefully i get a raw mark in the 80's

ray268

HSC
HELP!

Do you think I'll get in Band 6?

School Mark = 91
HSC - Pretty confident that I did well, perhaps a 84-88?

Mash that up, would I get a band 6?

Alasdaire

HSC
yeah most likely, band 6's for ancient usually hang around 84-90 i think 2008 was 84, but then again they gave pretty assy questions last year

Allisonius

HSC
Wow, I didn't realise it was so easy to acheive a band 6.
And here I was under the impression that I would need to get 90%+ raw to get a band six.
Regardless, I am still hoping that I got 90%+ raw.

ashleighjade

HSC
Ehhh. I'll probably band five it. I majorly screwed some parts - CORE (tourism) and NKE (ran out of time) but I'm well satisfied with sections 2&3 so... who knows? =S
But, yahh. Hmmmm... Band 5, high?
DAMN TOURISM AND STUPID 3 HOUR EXAMS! >=\

Yeah, okay, tourism wasn't THAT bad but I didn't study for it and had to wing it from the general knowledge I picked up from our visit earlier this year... =(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)