• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS - thoughts (SPOILERS!!) (1 Viewer)

Zephyrio

HSC
Well, it would have been a pretty good duel between Snape and Voldemort in any case. I don't think it would have been a childish thing to do, for Snape to reveal himself to Voldemort, no. I think that it would have been a far more accurate representation of the Snape we know now, the Snape we took to be evil for the first six books only to come out as a good guy. Snape risked his own skin for Harry, and could have died in a way which symbolised his significance to the whole series, not some limp, helpless person totally at the feet of Voldemort.

Zephyrio

HSC
Aw thanks Malfoy.

I was surprised that Malfoy didn't really have any role to play in the book, except an indirect one when the Elder Wand was choosing whom to obey.

(I told my friend that Malfoy would die, because she loves Tom Felton. I told her - Tom Felton =/= Malfoy! She shook her head and yeah... I think that Malfoy is so much more human in this book.)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Yes, the epilogue was a bit strange. A bit confusing and such, but I don't really read the series for all the shippy moments, which is in direct contrast to yourself, so meh.

Anyone else think that "the ministry has fallen. scrimgeour is dead. they are coming" was one of the most dramatic lines of the entire series? Fuck, when that happened I was in shock. I was told before by someone that I should have suspected it would happen, which was true I guess, but when it was said it was just like...whoa, this is full on.

See, excellent book! :D I think you're all just a little pooey because you hung around and had everything spoiled for you prematurely, unlike myself who fled as soon as he heard the book had been leaked.

Lol at Crabbes death too. Lol. lol. lol. Would have liked to see Malfoy suffer a little more. How dare he try to kill Hermione?!?!
Yeah that was a pretty intense moment. It was pulled off sooo well. I really wish dobby hadnt died though, it was really sweet the way he saved everyone then copped a knife to the chest.

Snape = the most romantic character ever. Who would have thought? he did all that stuff for love, and not even love of someone who is still alive. Its weird the way it could have worked out, how happy everything could have been if voldy didnt come along. He really was one of the bravest characters, and i thought he was evil :(. I thought his death was really poetic. Voldy killing him was like emphasizing how he doesnt care about killing people if it will further his ends. Then he had one last act, giving harry all the info he needed to complete the job, as well as all of his most sensitive memories which exonerated him. Then right at the end he asks harry to look at him. So he can die looking into lilly's eyes....very touching.

There were so many really well played moments like that in the book. Alot of them were about death, but some were about friendship, loyalty, bravery. Nevile got tortured all year and didnt care, he lead the resistance and was defiant when all looked like it was lost. He killed the last horcrux. Kreacher came around after been treated the way he should have been all along. Dobby sacrificed himself. Ron come back to save his best mates life. Percy came back[ a bit corny, but i wanted to see that for closure].

All those people that were behind harry, even when they knew they were putting their life on the line. Over 50 people died at the end, all for him.

I enjoyed the books immensely and i thought it was a great ending to the series. Through the happiness of it being over, i am also sad. Thats the last of Harry Potter, no more stories about him. Its the series ive followed for years, longest amount of time ive followed any one continuous series like that. It feels like ive said goodbye to a friend, goodbye to my childhood in a way. Its elating and i knew it had to end some time but still a part of me wishes it never had to end.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
hermione always cries. everyone's dying. ppls off having babies. and so many fukn cliche moments. especially the end. Albus Severus. WTF!!

last book = really was a fukn childrens book.

$30 = gone. 5 hours of slavin away at maccas. for nothing.

I WANT A FUKN REFUNDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I would have loved it if the entire Magical community knew what Snape had sacrificed in order for Harry to live :(

I enjoyed the books immensely and i thought it was a great ending to the series. Through the happiness of it being over, i am also sad. Thats the last of Harry Potter, no more stories about him. Its the series ive followed for years, longest amount of time ive followed any one continuous series like that. It feels like ive said goodbye to a friend, goodbye to my childhood in a way. Its elating and i knew it had to end some time but still a part of me wishes it never had to end.
Me too :(

Snape = the most romantic character ever. Who would have thought? he did all that stuff for love, and not even love of someone who is still alive. Its weird the way it could have worked out, how happy everything could have been if voldy didnt come along. He really was one of the bravest characters, and i thought he was evil . I thought his death was really poetic. Voldy killing him was like emphasizing how he doesnt care about killing people if it will further his ends. Then he had one last act, giving harry all the info he needed to complete the job, as well as all of his most sensitive memories which exonerated him. Then right at the end he asks harry to look at him. So he can die looking into lilly's eyes....very touching.
It really reinforces Dumbledore's idea of love and how it conquers all.

HSC
Malfoy said:
That was awesome lol

Agreed with Serius about Severus, Dobby and Neville. But i still think Neville should have killed Bella.

There were like 20 main characters who died, and the rest probably were Death Eaters and some randoms. It wasn't just for him, if they didn't fight with Harry they would have been against him and in the end Voldemort would have killed them.

Kujah -they would have found out after the war. Harry did name his kid Albus Severus! [stupid name, i know]

Zephyrio

HSC
LOLOL.

Albus Severus.

The epilogue wouldn't have been so corny if that name wasn't there.

But it was.

Funnily enough ever since HP&PS I had this faith in Snape. I had guessed that he was the HBP and by virtue of the anagram "SEVERUS SNAPE --> PURSUES EVANS" I always knew that Severus loved Lily. It must have torn him so much to see that the one he had longed for ever since he was a small child ended up with Potter. Before I would have looked at Snape with repulsion, whereas now I feel nothing but sympathy for the fallen soldier.

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Kujah -they would have found out after the war. Harry did name his kid Albus Severus! [stupid name, i know]
Yeah, but I would have loved it if we actually saw everyone understand the life of Snape at the end when Voldemort died. He's such a hero :(

"He was probabaly the bravest man I ever knew"

Last edited:

Zephyrio

HSC
Still, Albus Severus. What was JKR taking?!

And the epilogue was so short. :'( Much too short. We never got to know what happened to McGonagall, Luna, Dean, Hagrid, Grawp...

And omgosh Molly Weasley has 1337 duelling skills! Loved that, but really Bellatrix should have been left for Neville.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Zephyrio said:
Before I would have looked at Snape with repulsion, whereas now I feel nothing but sympathy for the fallen soldier.
Yeah, I thought he was a stupid git and I was enraged when he "cold-heartedly" killed Dumbledore.

Then I get a second perspective and all my initial impressions of him are thrown out the window. He really is a good guy - the tragic hero who selflessly sacrificed his personal interests all for the love of Lily Evans.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I thought his death was really poetic. Voldy killing him was like emphasizing how he doesnt care about killing people if it will further his ends. Then he had one last act, giving harry all the info he needed to complete the job, as well as all of his most sensitive memories which exonerated him. Then right at the end he asks harry to look at him. So he can die looking into lilly's eyes....very touching.
Funny how people are ignoring this particular quote, which does a great deal of defense to the death of Snape.

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
mmmm..yea the ending was a bit corny but i wanted to know what happen to other characters such as Luna Lovegood, the twins (not anymore) Fred and George, also what happen to Cho from Ravenclaw who she married or didn't also who Draco married (Jk only referred to her as woman)

Its JK last book right? wouldn't be cool if stir another story with the hero's sons and daughters....or is she rich already?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
2syllables said:
mmmm..yea the ending was a bit corny but i wanted to know what happen to other characters such as Luna Lovegood, the twins (not anymore) Fred and George, also what happen to Cho from Ravenclaw who she married or didn't also who Draco married (Jk only referred to her as woman)

Its JK last book right? wouldn't be cool if stir another story with the hero's sons and daughters....or is she rich already?
lol, she's so rich she'll never have to do anything even resembling work ever for as long as she lives. she probably just thought "fuck this, i'll make insane amounts of money from this book even if all i do is write 'Harry Farted, the end'" at some point during the book's creation. it would explain some of the plot holes people keep uncovering.

Lori.

HSC
OMG I just finished it! I hated the epilogue, what the fuck, it was trying to squeeze in too many kids names lol. How about telling us what harry is doing nowadays, job wise, i mean.

I LOVE SNAPE btw :( How bloody sad is it how his last words were "look at me", so that the last thing he could see were Lily's eyes? :( omg <3 :(

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Lori. said:
I LOVE SNAPE btw :( How bloody sad is it how his last words were "look at me", so that the last thing he could see were Lily's eyes? :( omg <3 :(
'Twas my favourite part. So touching...:(

As I said before, he's shooting up there amongst, perhaps even toppling Mad-Eye, Dumbledore and Hermione in my favourite character list. :(

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Nebuchanezzar said:
Yes, the epilogue was a bit strange. A bit confusing and such, but I don't really read the series for all the shippy moments, which is in direct contrast to yourself, so meh.

Anyone else think that "the ministry has fallen. scrimgeour is dead. they are coming" was one of the most dramatic lines of the entire series? Fuck, when that happened I was in shock. I was told before by someone that I should have suspected it would happen, which was true I guess, but when it was said it was just like...whoa, this is full on.

See, excellent book! :D I think you're all just a little pooey because you hung around and had everything spoiled for you prematurely, unlike myself who fled as soon as he heard the book had been leaked.

Lol at Crabbes death too. Lol. lol. lol. Would have liked to see Malfoy suffer a little more. How dare he try to kill Hermione?!?!
omg, i thought exactly the same thing when i read that line, it was so....dramatic, i also thought all the quotes on graves and stuff were quite touching

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)