HELP!!! MODERN HISTORY OR VISUAL ARTS (1 Viewer)

Visual arts or modern history

• Total voters
HSC
OK SO I HAVE CHOSEN MY SUBJECTS BUT BEING THE INDECISIVE ANNOYING PERSON I AM IDK IF I WANNA CHANGE NASDKASJD:

SO MY SUBJECTS ARE:

- English Advanced
- English Extension
- Legal Studies
- French Continuers
- Physics
- Mathematics Advanced
- MODERN HISTORY

Backups:

Visual Arts
Earth and environmental science or CAFS I cannot remember

And im also doing TVET
Tourism and Events ( Event management stream )

So I enjoy history, I'm good at it I guess, I write essays good at sources and ya know I enjoy it but sometimes its a ceebs. But the thing is it's so content-heavy and I'm doing 15 units so imaging all the juggling and trying to stay on top of my work. I was considering CAFS, but it would just be society and culture, legal studies squished in one and 80 % easier so I was like naahhh.

Visual Arts, I have done visual arts as an elective (and history) and visual arts does have essays but I do find them somewhat easier, but know that they require alot of work as well, as for content there won't be as much as history. It will also have a major work which will give me something to work towards and I guess I am good at visual arts (photography, and drawing/ painting medium) and am generally creative, and I feel like it would give a balance, doing legal studies which would also have sources and essays and stuff, but visual arts I don't know may people who have done it, whereas my brother does modern history (but hates it so much hes dropping it so thats not fun).

But I love like LOVE learning about history but the new syllabus is more ehhh with world war one and transatlantic trade (which is what my school teaches) so can someone tell me what they think of these subjects or any of the subjects I chose.

So my questions are:

- How were visual arts/ modern history
- Which one would be recommended that I do given the amount of work I will be doing
- any encounters or experiences for any of my subjects I should be aware of
- and anyone who did tourism and events??
- and also the new syllabuses

THANK YOU VERY MUCH DAMN I JUST WROTE A WHOLE ASS ESSAY

JesusChriiii

HSC
I am still in year 10 but my senior friends who did more than 12 units all complain about the annoying amount of work... and your subjetcs all look to be humanities or liberal arts subjects which do require a lor of memorising, and history will certainly be one of them if you do pick it. But if you are talented and have a decent memorising ability then I think you ll be able to cope with it according my senior friends' experience. Well if you really like both subjects, why not try including both in your subjects to replace one or two that you don't like?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Consider teacher quality
How does your school typically do in your respective subject
Cohort wuality?
Do you enjoy Visial Art theory
What do you want to do after school?
Modern scales better than Visual Arts

HSC
I am still in year 10 but my senior friends who did more than 12 units all complain about the annoying amount of work... and your subjetcs all look to be humanities or liberal arts subjects which do require a lor of memorising, and history will certainly be one of them if you do pick it. But if you are talented and have a decent memorising ability then I think you ll be able to cope with it according my senior friends' experience. Well if you really like both subjects, why not try including both in your subjects to replace one or two that you don't like?
Thank youuu what subjects are you doing? I am leaning more on visual arts also cause we don't have many good teachers for modern our good history teachers teach ancient :/

HSC
Consider teacher quality
How does your school typically do in your respective subject
Cohort wuality?
Do you enjoy Visial Art theory
What do you want to do after school?
Modern scales better than Visual Arts
Yea definitely better visual art teacher than modern, modern probably only has one goodish teacher and HARSH markers. Visual art theory i understand it and can enjoy it but there are alot of times where im like this is just stupid but would perform better in the essays than mdoern. Also what did u do for hsc and what r u doing now??

JesusChriiii

HSC
Thank youuu what subjects are you doing? I am leaning more on visual arts also cause we don't have many good teachers for modern our good history teachers teach ancient :/
I am doing math extention 1, english advanced, modern history, economics, chemisty and biology next year. I was thinking about doing physics but the physics teachers in my school are just, so...

jimmy.chu232

HSC
VA is so subjective...in marking...at least history....they give you the mark if there is the evidence.

_rakelt

HSC
I do modern history! If you like writing essays, i definitely recommend it!

The content is super straight forward!

jimmy.chu232

HSC
and u think va teachers are better????

they are the most unreliable teachers in the world because they are one of the most subjective ones.

The VA HSC markers are notorious about giving marks

Think about. In english/arty based subjects, they tend to take away marks because most tend to believe that "perfection is an illusion"

In HSIE subjects, if you have the stats and facts, you have the marks

The teachers you have seem either slack or lazy. They're not gonna be marking your essays or assessments anyways. Its all shuffled between different history teachers in the department.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)