Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

bawd

HSC
Graney said:
The poll question doesn't make sense, so the results cannot be taken seriously.

I do not support homosexuality in australia =/= I oppose homosexual rights/agenda.

"I do not support it" could mean all sorts of things.
You make an excellent point, but if someone does not support homosexuality, aren't they simply opposing it in a more subtle manner?

And the 13% is most likely an estimate, so it's probably around 10% or a little less, but I think there is a possible chance that percentage will increase in the years to come as the world becomes more globalised and we adopt different values. (wishful thinking?)

The idea that homosexuality was a 'sin' originated from Europeans (and other Westerners) who imposed their belief systems and culture upon other nations. Homosexuality was rather predominant in ancient cultures, such as Japan, Rome and Greece.

However exposure ot Western religious thought and the desire to appear 'civilised' have influenced the way homosexuality is viewed since the end of the nineteenth century, particularly noticeable in the case of Japan, where both the Japanese government and population have changed their attitude towards it.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
Hmmm, I think there would be a large group that accept it and would never publicly condemn or vilify homosexuals, but they still have deep seated views that it is somehow wrong.
I agree. I think people are too scared to say that they are against homosexuality because they do not want people to go off at them for this belief.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I agree. I think people are too scared to say that they are against homosexuality because they do not want people to go off at them for this belief.
That. Or most people aren't stupid fundies.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
oh please come up with something original.
What he said was pretty much truth.

Those that aren't fundies, generally tend not to have any issues with homosexuality.

Unless they're bigot retards, in which case, refer back to 'fundie'

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
What he said was pretty much truth.

Those that aren't fundies, generally tend not to have any issues with homosexuality.

Unless they're bigot retards, in which case, refer back to 'fundie'
and you wont be calling christians bigot retards when jesus returns and you are bowing to the same God.

dont bother arguing i know u dont believe it, i just cant wait for that day

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
and you wont be calling christians bigot retards when jesus returns and you are bowing to the same God.

dont bother arguing i know u dont believe it, i just cant wait for that day
lol
I seriously hate you.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
you have no reason to
but i really dont care anyway.
I have every reason to. You're a born again Christian who refuses to accept that your religion is filled with inconsistencies. You won't question it. You won't read about science because it bores you, but we all know this is a front.
It's a front because you're scared you'll realise what a crock of shit Christianity is.

And yet when it gets to hard for you, you revert to the same bullshit;
'YEH WELL, WE'LL SEE WHO IS SORRY WHEN JESUS RETURNS'

Man. When you die, you're gunna be so disappointed. Disappointed that all that is in store for you is decomposition, worms and no afterlife.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
I have every reason to. You're a born again Christian who refuses to accept that your religion is filled with inconsistencies. You won't question it. You won't read about science because it bores you, but we all know this is a front.
It's a front because you're scared you'll realise what a crock of shit Christianity is.

And yet when it gets to hard for you, you revert to the same bullshit;
'YEH WELL, WE'LL SEE WHO IS SORRY WHEN JESUS RETURNS'

Man. When you die, you're gunna be so disappointed. Disappointed that all that is in store for you is decomposition, worms and no afterlife.
and if i am wrong which i am not, what have i lost if all there is, is no afterlife, would i know? i dont think so.

Christianity is not a crock and i hope that you will see that some day. i know that it is not from what God has done in my life and others.

The bible in my opinion does not have any inconsistancies.

I am not scared of science, i think that it can help in realising stuff about Gods creation.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
How can you say 'if I'm wrong, which I'm not'. How do you know you're not wrong? What, have you stumbled upon some solid evidence in the last 20 minutes?

The Bible in your opinion doesn't have inconsistencies. What. Have you been reading it with your eyes shut? Did your parents get you a 'my first picturebook bible?'

You are scared of science because you have said time and time again that you have no desire to learn about it.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
How can you say 'if I'm wrong, which I'm not'. How do you know you're not wrong? What, have you stumbled upon some solid evidence in the last 20 minutes?

The Bible in your opinion doesn't have inconsistencies. What. Have you been reading it with your eyes shut? Did your parents get you a 'my first picturebook bible?'

You are scared of science because you have said time and time again that you have no desire to learn about it.
I have no desire it does not mean that i am scared of it.

my parents never bought me a bible there not christians

I think what God has done in my life is enough evidence, and what i have seen him do in the life of others, I know you wont accept that as evidence.

there is also no evidence to sugggest i am wrong.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
hahaha are you saying you've never actually read the Bible yourself?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Slidey said:
No, apparently she has. She went to some rockchopper camp and became a born again.

But hates science.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Slidey said:
no, I do read it. actually they paid for one when i asked, but never actually gave me one as a gift as a child or something

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
There is no evidence to suggest you're right. So what makes you so blindly confident?
you wont understand you are not a christian. but simply what God has done, it is a matter of faith.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
you wont understand you are not a christian. but simply what God has done, it is a matter of faith.
If God exists, people like you are his troll accounts.

That's the only God I'd accept.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
hopefully you will change one day.
Yeah. Sometimes I wish for an accident that results in severe brain damage, because I often remember with fondness what the security and simplicity of blind devotion to some god felt like.

Then comes the alcohol and wild sex with hotties and I think "On second thought, fuck that shit."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)