• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Ja! Ze Nuclear family is the unit which fosters a sense of leadership and tradition, as well as BOLD-CURIOSITY-FOR-DER-ADVENTURE-AHEAD
AEEER.

The foundational building block from which life is created and correctly reared. It get's the balance right, because Kerry, if China and India arent on board with this, then we are in trouble. You've got to get the balance right. The maternal and paternal world views are at one an complimentary! Feel the love and equal closeness of the spirit within them!

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
IRON said:
It is an insult to the species, to God, to life itself to remove sex from its narrow hetero purpose. Sex, love, and life form, I believe, a holy trinity. To break this sacred pyramid (sex without love, sex without life cf love without sex) is to the detriment of all.
It is an insult to humanity as beings whose greatness is derived from being capable of things of a higher and more abstract quality greater than the mere biological functions (though derived from these) common to all the beasts of the world to pigeon-hole sex into such a role. Sex with someone you love, with the added layer of an intensely personal and dare I say uniquely human experience of giving to something you supremely care about with the ability to consider what this means at the deepest level of any human's capability is far greater than any animalistic breeding or god fantasy.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
All in 2 sentences!
Will compute soon

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
Ja! Ze Nuclear family is the unit which fosters a sense of leadership and tradition, as well as BOLD-CURIOSITY-FOR-DER-ADVENTURE-AHEAD
AEEER.

The foundational building block from which life is created and correctly reared. It get's the balance right, because Kerry, if China and India arent on board with this, then we are in trouble. You've got to get the balance right. The maternal and paternal world views are at one an complimentary! Feel the love and equal closeness of the spirit within them!
I am struck by a horrible feeling that you're smarter than me.

*penis shrinkage*

x.Exhaust.x said:
Don't support it.
This is where you provide your rationale, kiddo.

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
It is an insult to humanity as beings whose greatness is derived from being capable of things of a higher and more abstract quality greater than the mere biological functions (though derived from these) common to all the beasts of the world to pigeon-hole sex into such a role. Sex with someone you love, with the added layer of an intensely personal and dare I say uniquely human experience of giving to something you supremely care about with the ability to consider what this means at the deepest level of any human's capability is far greater than any animalistic breeding or god fantasy.
:rofl:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Enteebee said:
Ultimately my bile is resting on intelligent design. If this was wrong, then I would hastily conceed that life is not sacred and sex is not special.
I could have a crack at a utilitarian/strong society argument, but would most probably on do this out of shock. My forces would be badly damaged and uncoordinated

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Iron said:
Ultimately my bile is resting on intelligent design. If this was wrong, then I would hastily conceed that life is not sacred and sex is not special.
I could have a crack at a utilitarian/strong society argument, but would most probably on do this out of shock. My forces would be badly damaged and uncoordinated
what? I think life is sacred and sex is and can be very special... what I'm arguing is that it's far more special than only being special for its reproductive purposes.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Iron said:
As is your right
Why do you believe otherwise? It's quite apparent to me that it is and that anyone who wants to deny it is living in a much colder world than I am.

lorikeet

New Year's Eve
HSC
I don't understand you Iron....you shroud your posts in this trippy language and I can never tell what you actually believe.

Do tell

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Ultimately my bile is resting on intelligent design

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
Why do you believe otherwise? It's quite apparent to me that it is and that anyone who wants to deny it is living in a much colder world than I am.
same world, your disposition is just sunnier.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
HNAKXR said:
same world, your disposition is just sunnier.
If I was convinced that homosexuality was compatible with Catholicism, i'd adopt it in a heartbeat. I'm very soft on human beings, generally.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
If I was convinced that homosexuality was compatible with Catholicism, i'd adopt it in a heartbeat. I'm very soft on human beings, generally.
wtf? your kidding me right? fuck...your whole argument is an epic fail

lorikeet

New Year's Eve
HSC
Iron said:
Ultimately my bile is resting on intelligent design
Ok. I wasn't sure whether you were just using sustained sarcasm.

I respect that.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
bigboyjames said:
wtf? your kidding me right? fuck...your whole argument is an epic fail
I'm interested to hear you elaborate on why homosexuality is wrong... if you can.

You've stated you believe sex is between a man and a woman (I paraphrase), why, on what do you base this opinion, religious, scientific or other reasons?

Secular concern for the degradation of the traditional family?

Why is it wrong, in no uncertain terms?

Last edited:

akrinis

HSC
You know what's sad? Teenagers in Australia who know who they are already are constantly having to fight with their mind everyday. They who know they are, but they're going to be denied because they're different.

Then they grow up, bearing all that societal scrutiny, tell themselves to be someone they aren't, get married, have children, and have to live to regret that decision for the rest of their lives. And so many people get HURT in the end.

With everything going on, and no programs to educate other kids about TOLERANCE, these kids won't know where to turn to for support.

From where I see things, it isn't fair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)