• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Zingy

HSC
akrinis said:
You know what's sad? Teenagers in Australia who know who they are already are constantly having to fight with their mind everyday. They who know they are, but they're going to be denied because they're different.

Then they grow up, bearing all that societal scrutiny, tell themselves to be someone they aren't, get married, have children, and have to live to regret that decision for the rest of their lives. And so many people get HURT in the end.

With everything going on, and no programs to educate other kids about TOLERANCE, these kids won't know where to turn to for support.

From where I see things, it isn't fair.
We're not in like the 70's any more you narbo.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Graney said:
I'm interested to hear you elaborate on why homosexuality is wrong... if you can.

You've stated you believe sex is between a man and a woman (I paraphrase), why, on what do you base this opinion, religious, scientific or other reasons?
why does it matter where my views come from?

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
in my opinion they are free to do whatever they want, but that does not mean that i in any way support or condone their actions.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
my views have been derived for the better of the human race and humanity itself.

too many so called pro gay wankers on here have gone coooku. srsly, homosexuality itself is contradicting of how we reproduce ourselves. if this agenda is pushed forward the way it has been happening in the Western world over the years it will just lead to a dangerous homosexual precedence within our society and culture.

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
bigboyjames said:
my views have been derived for the better of the human race and humanity itself.
Why is it for the betterment of humanity and the human race?

Homosexuals don't often reproduce, so they're not contributing to the genepool. Given this, what further are your views?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Kwayera said:
Ahh, a glorified creationist. It all makes sense now.
It does? Praise ze Lloouwrd my Child! No one need remain outside! Jesus was close to you! I knew you could feel His healing embrace, His compassion and mercy!

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
bigboyjames said:
why does it matter where my views come from?
If you're going to participate in this part of the forum, when called out or asked questions about your beliefs in a polite manner, you have to respond and justify what you say.

This is a discussion. Where your beliefs come from is everything. You can't just throw out an opinion "being gay is wrong", and offer no decent explanation. All reasonable questions deserve a reply, stop being a dick.

Otherwise what are you doing in this thread?, if you don't want to talk about it just fuck off already.

My infinite patience of your bullshit is wearing thin.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
bigboyjames said:
it will just lead to a dangerous homosexual precedence within our society and culture.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'homosexual precedent?

What exact societal institutions do you see homosexuality as threatening and in what way? In what measureable ways do you suppose society will be worse off if homosexuality continues to run rampant?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
lorikeet said:
Ok. I wasn't sure whether you were just using sustained sarcasm.

I respect that.
And yeah, dont want your respect: I command your submission!
Other than that, I graciously retire from this unsavoury topic.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Graney said:
Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'homosexual precedent?

What exact societal institutions do you see homosexuality as threatening and in what way? In what measureable ways do you suppose society will be worse off if homosexuality continues to run rampant?
leads way for other bullshit to become part of our already corrupt society.

thinking about it,look how corrupt have we already become that we have to discuss if homosexuality is morally correct or not. all in the name of what? pro choice, freedom etc etc LOL you make me laugh!

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
bigboyjames said:

think about it, how corrupt have we already become that we have to discuss if homosexuality is morally correct or not. all in the name of what? pro choice, freedom etc etc LOL you make me laugh!
How is homosexuality NOT morally correct?

A straight answer, please.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Homosexuality is up 70%. Have you seen those dumbass sixteen year olds with faggy haircuts and light blue/pink shirts? Are the chicks into that? Who will be man enough to defend our country if we get invaded?

EDIT: Kwayera it's just his moral opinion. Simple as that.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Kwayera said:
How is homosexuality NOT morally correct?

A straight answer, please.
its goes against the fundamental reason as to why we fucking exist. therefore WRONG.

why the fuck am i repeating the same shit over again? are all you retards stupid?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
bigboyjames said:

think about it, how corrupt have we already become that we have to discuss if homosexuality is morally correct or not. all in the name of what? pro choice, freedom etc etc LOL you make me laugh!
I would love you to convince me that homosexuality is morally incorrect. I want to see the world from your perspective. If only you would let me :(

You're avoiding the question.

You've stated you believe sex is between a man and a woman (I paraphrase), why, on what do you base this opinion, religious, scientific or other reasons?

Secular concern for the degradation of the traditional family?

Why is it wrong, in no uncertain terms?

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Graney said:
I would love you to convince me that homosexuality is morally incorrect. I want to see the world from your perspective. If only you would let me :(

You're avoiding the question.

Secular concern for the degradation of the traditional family?

Why is it wrong, in no uncertain terms?
im not going to waste my time convincing you that homosexuality is wrong. because simply, i don't really give a shit what you believe in. you can believe in shit all for all i care.

I came to my opinion is because of scientific reasoning.
my scientific understanding is that homosexuals cannot reproduce homo-sapians. wtf is wrong with you understanding this?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
bigboyjames said:
its goes against the fundamental reason as to why we fucking exist. therefore WRONG.

why the fuck am i repeating the same shit over again? are all you retards stupid?
But just because one's own Darwinian fitness is negligable, it doesn't mean that your genes don't proliferate in the gene pool and thus contribute to the overall genetic makeup. Parochial altruists, i.e. members of a group who fight other groups for the benefit of their own group, often die without reproducing. It is a known cost. However the benefits - increasing the fitness of your GROUP and thus the chance your relatives will survive - outweighs that cost.

In many species of animal, particularly social animals such as birds and wolves, have subgroups that consist of an alpha breeding pair, and their siblings and prior offspring that do not breed at all. They raise the alpha's pups, i.e. their siblings, and thus their contribution to the gene pool is assured by ensuring that their siblings survive.

Thus your dubious grasp of evolutionary genetics fails, here.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
So by not reproducing you mean they don't contribute to the human species as a hole?
dont put fucking words in my mouth.

by not reproducing they are simply not fulfilling the basic principles of what keeps the human race in existence.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
bigboyjames said:
I came to my opinion is because of scientific reasoning.
my scientific understanding is that homosexuals cannot reproduce homo-sapians.
So you're afraid the human race will stop production? Or something along those lines? Population decline due to a corrupt culture of sexual degradation?

bigboyjames said:
wtf is wrong with you understanding this?
I'm a bit slow, sorry. I appreciate your patience and consideration in explaining your opinions to us plebs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)