• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
bigboyjames said:
im not going to waste my time convincing you that homosexuality is wrong. because simply, i don't really give a shit what you believe in. you can believe in shit all for all i care.

I came to my opinion is because of scientific reasoning.
my scientific understanding is that homosexuals cannot reproduce homo-sapians. wtf is wrong with you understanding this?
lulz.

I beat da woman, science told me it was rite cus she had menopause.

Shun the childless ones! Shun!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
bigboyjames said:
its goes against the fundamental reason as to why we fucking exist. therefore WRONG.

why the fuck am i repeating the same shit over again? are all you retards stupid?
bigboyjames said:
dont put fucking words in my mouth.

by not reproducing they are simply not fulfilling the basic principles of what keeps the human race in existence.
bigboyjames said:
im not going to waste my time convincing you that homosexuality is wrong. because simply, i don't really give a shit what you believe in. you can believe in shit all for all i care.

I came to my opinion is because of scientific reasoning.
my scientific understanding is that homosexuals cannot reproduce homo-sapians. wtf is wrong with you understanding this?
I'm playfully saying this, but one could argue that maybe homosexuality is nature's way to stop us breeding.

I mean, how overpopulated are we?

What's to say it's not something nature has come up with? I mean, it occurs in other animals too...

HSC
Kwayera said:
But just because one's own Darwinian fitness is negligable, it doesn't mean that your genes don't proliferate in the gene pool and thus contribute to the overall genetic makeup. Parochial altruists, i.e. members of a group who fight other groups for the benefit of their own group, often die without reproducing. It is a known cost. However the benefits - increasing the fitness of your GROUP and thus the chance your relatives will survive - outweighs that cost.

In many species of animal, particularly social animals such as birds and wolves, have subgroups that consist of an alpha breeding pair, and their siblings and prior offspring that do not breed at all. They raise the alpha's pups, i.e. their siblings, and thus their contribution to the gene pool is assured by ensuring that their siblings survive.

Thus your dubious grasp of evolutionary genetics fails, here.
So basically we use the gays as cannon fodder? Cool :(

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Sorry, is anyone actually arguing that homosexuals should breed? lol. This would just be selfishness on their own part.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Iron said:
Sorry, is anyone actually arguing that homosexuals should breed? lol. This would just be selfishness on their own part.
If they want to. Why shouldn't they?

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I'm playfully saying this, but one could argue that maybe homosexuality is nature's way to stop us breeding.

What's to say it's not something nature has come up with? I mean, it occurs in other animals too...
Human race always improve its methods to support our society and ever increasing population. There are many variables and mostly are not mapped yet. Homosexuals are not discussed or part of any strategic way on controlling the earths population or managing it.

PS: don't compare the human race to animals.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Kwayera said:
If they want to. Why shouldn't they?
You're questioning me, and deliberately so!
As a broad principle, life should be created with love - bona fide love.

Sorry, it's hard watching my pretty arguments get felt up in this sticky fumbling way. They have dignity. Should be treated like a lady

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Not breeding is the most moral decision a human can make if you are concerned about the future of our species.

Homosexuality is a virtuous and selfless lifestyle.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
bigboyjames said:
Human race always improve its methods to support our society and ever increasing population. There are many variables and mostly are not mapped yet. Homosexuals is excluded mind you.

PS: don't compare the human race to animals.
PPS: we are animals. And we very much act like animals, even with all our techonolgy and societal advances. Heck, you're displaying it now: parochial xenophobia against a group that is not your own and you see as a threat to your own. It's all in the genes, babe.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Iron said:
You're questioning me, and deliberately so!
As a broad principle, life should be created with love - bona fide love.

Sorry, it's hard watching my pretty arguments get felt up in this sticky fumbling way. They have dignity. Should be treated like a lady
So now you're saying that homosexuals are not capable of feeling real "bona fide" love?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Kwayera said:
So now you're saying that homosexuals are not capable of feeling real "bona fide" love?
Sigh.
We were talking about homosexuals breeding. They would feel no attraction to the partner or test tube.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Kwayera said:
PPS: we are animals. And we very much act like animals, even with all our techonolgy and societal advances. Heck, you're displaying it now: parochial xenophobia against a group that is not your own and you see as a threat to your own. It's all in the genes, babe.
whatever. your pathetic. you sicken me.

ok we are animals but obviously animals are not equal to us because of our position atop every single chain imaginable.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Iron said:
Sigh.
We were talking about homosexuals breeding. They would feel no attraction to the partner or test tube.
So you're against artificial insemination using donor sperm or eggs for infertile heterosexual couples as well?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
bigboyjames said:
whatever.
I'm not kidding.

And I don't blame you; it's a hard idea to accept, that most of our behaviour is an evolved form of what we inherited from our ancestors.

We really are just another species of chimpanzee.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Graney said:
No real person could hold so many irrational beliefs simultaneously.

ok we are animals but obviously animals are not equal to us because of our position atop every single chain imaginable.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
Sigh.
Were you not concerned that, thanks to queer culture, sex had become a physical rather than emotive transaction earlier? A test tube baby would be created sans desire and solely for the purpose of creating and nurturing life - how is this problematic?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Kwayera said:
So you're against artificial insemination using donor sperm or eggs for infertile heterosexual couples as well?
Yep.
Plenty of kids need adopting.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
bigboyjames said:
We're.. not on top of every food chain imaginable, unless we've suddenly found protection against all known viruses and bacteria.

And I'm pretty sure if you throw a human in with a chimp, the chimp would make sausages out of you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)