• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
It is ANYTHING but natural. My issue is how it affects the society as a whole. In a society where open flaunting of faggotry is permitted, I worry for the future generations.
Homosexual behavior in animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no conclusive evidence to back your statement that people are born gay.
wikitotherescue said:
Biological differences in gay men and lesbians

[edit] Physiological

Recent studies have found notable differences between the physiology of gay people and non-gay people. There is evidence that:

* Gay men have similar brains to those of straight women and gay women to those of straight men [48]
* The average size of the INAH-3 in the brains of gay men is approximately the same size as INAH 3 in women, which is significantly smaller, and the cells more densely packed, than in heterosexual men's brains.[5]
* The suprachiasmatic nucleus was found by Swaab and Hopffman to be larger in gay men than in non-gay men,[49] the suprachiasmatic nucleus is also known to be larger in men than in women.[50]
* The anterior commissure is larger in women than men and was reported to be larger in gay men than in non-gay men,[51] but a subsequent study found no such difference.[52]
* Gay men report, on an average, slightly longer and thicker penises than non-gay men.[53]
* Gay men's brains respond differently to fluoxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor.[54]
* The functioning of the inner ear and the central auditory system in lesbians and bisexual women are more like the functional properties found in men than in non-gay women (the researchers argued this finding was consistent with the prenatal hormonal theory of sexual orientation).[55]
* The startle response (eyeblink following a loud sound) is similarly masculinized in lesbians and bisexual women.[56]
* Three regions of the brain (medial prefrontal cortex, left hippocampus, and right amygdala) are more active in gay men than non-gay men when exposed to sexually arousing material.[57]
* Gay and non-gay people emit different armpit odors.[58]
* Gay men are more likely to have a counter-clockwise hair whorl pattern.[59]
* Gay and non-gay people's brains respond differently to two human sex pheromones (AND, found in male armpit secretions, and EST, found in female urine).[60][61][62]
* Finger length ratios between the index and ring fingers may be different between non-gay and lesbian women.[63][64][55][65][66][67]

[edit] Cognitive

Recent studies suggest the presence of subtle differences in the way gay people and non-gay people process certain kinds of information. Researchers have found that:

* Gay men and lesbians are significantly more likely to be left-handed or ambidextrous than are non-gay men and women;[68][69][70] Simon LeVay argues that because "[h]and preference is observable before birth[71]... [t]he observation of increased non-right-handness in gay people is therefore consistent with the idea that sexual orientation is influenced by prenatal processes," perhaps heredity.[5]
* Gay men[72] and lesbians are more verbally fluent than heterosexuals of the same sex[73][74][75] (but two studies did not find this result).[76][77]
* Gay men may receive higher scores than non-gay men on tests of object location memory (no difference was found between lesbians and non-gay women).[78]
There are biological differences, and thus there is a biological cause. These biological differences don't spontaneously appear once someone "decides they're gay" - people are born gay, with these biological differences, and I'll be happy to wave the gene that causes it in your face once we find it (there are a lot of genes to sort through).

Venom.

HSC
So wait, if the argument IS that homosexuals are born with a genetic fault that causes them to be attracted to the same sex, can you prove that homosexuals existed in the same population in prior societies?

Venom.

HSC
Homosexual behavior in animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are biological differences, and thus there is a biological cause. These biological differences don't spontaneously appear once someone "decides they're gay" - people are born gay, with these biological differences, and I'll be happy to wave the gene that causes it in your face once we find it (there are a lot of genes to sort through).
You've already argued this before, and you said you couldnt produce any CONCLUSIVE evidence between humans. So, when you do produce that, tell me.

HSC
N/A
so what kway? does the article that you posted have more credibility that the Quran? of course not. so stop wasting everyone's time.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
You've already argued this before, and you said you couldnt produce any CONCLUSIVE evidence between humans. So, when you do produce that, tell me.
We haven't discovered why people are born idiots like you, yet; what's your point?

Stick your fingers in your ears and yell as loudly as you want, but it won't change the fact that homosexuality is a natural genetic phenomenon, present in our closest relatives (heck, bonobos live in fully bisexual societies) as well as other mammals. Get over it.

Venom.

HSC
We haven't discovered why people are born idiots like you, yet; what's your point?

Stick your fingers in your ears and yell as loudly as you want, but it won't change the fact that homosexuality is a natural genetic phenomenon, present in our closest relatives (heck, bonobos live in fully bisexual societies) as well as other mammals. Get over it.
You're failure to present accurate and scientifically proved evidence leads you to resort to verbal abuse. I am dissapoint son.

Venom.

HSC
no seriously either answer or stop fucking posting.

In iran it is illegal on pain of death to engage in homosexual behaviour. Such a repressive culture that obviously loathes homosexuality, according to what you've posted would lead to no incidences of homosexuality occurring.

This is categorically not the case

i dont fucking know.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
You're failure to present accurate and scientifically proved evidence leads you to resort to verbal abuse. I am dissapoint son.
Well.. I did. And you're all "THAT'S NOT SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW THE EXACT GENE AND THEREFORE IT'S NOT PROVED", which is a ridiculous argument on par with saying "omg we don't know the exact gene that turns on hereditary testicular cancer, therefore TESTICULAR CANCER IS CAUSED BY MOSQUITOES".

Yeah. Learn to science. The fact that we don't know the systemic cause for something does not change the fact that there is a systemic cause.

Venom.

HSC
Well.. I did. And you're all "THAT'S NOT SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW THE EXACT GENE AND THEREFORE IT'S NOT PROVED", which is a ridiculous argument on par with saying "omg we don't know the exact gene that turns on hereditary testicular cancer, therefore TESTICULAR CANCER IS CAUSED BY MOSQUITOES".

Yeah. Learn to science. The fact that we don't know the systemic cause for something does not change the fact that there is a systemic cause.
You've again deflected the question. The basis for scientific reason is proof, not assumption.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Yer! Other mammals, in addition to occasionally being homosexual, murder eachother too! Therefore we should get the fuck over that. Likewise, some mammals abandon or kill, sometimes even eat, their young when it suits them - therefore a higher species like us is not above abortion.
Pretty sure animals dont wear clothes either, so we should do away with these threaded chains of oppression too

Frankly, if I want to do something, I will destroy anyone who tries to stop me from doing it, for whatever reason, because my desires are all natural and rational because I am me and I therefore approve homosexuality

futhermore, /wiki/

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC
Let’s just assume for a moment, that if something occurs fairly regularly in nature, it is, in fact, natural. There has been a constant 9-11% rate of homosexuality / bisexuality within the populace throughout recorded history. It is estimated that 90% of all male elephants have engaged in such activities with other bulls.

And heres a lovely story: two male penguins had bonded in a zoo, as though a couple, and tried to raise a rock as an egg. The zookeepers switched the rock out one day for a real egg, it hatched, and they raised it as their own child.

Roy and Silo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DAWWWWWWWWWWW:):):)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Don't know if you've read up on it but it turns out that Murder causes harm to someone (i.e they are dead). Homosexuality just makes a few homophobes a bit squeamish and helps the economy.

Drawing a moral equivalence or boiling her argument down to that is intellectually dishonest and shows what gratuitous snake-oil you're hocking down round these parts.

I expect more from you, Alex.
Natural instinct =/= right and proper cause of action.
I expected more deducting skills, unknown African gentleman

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It is intellectually dishonest to claim that a homosexual's desire for a same-sex partner/sexual exchange is the same as their need for air.

Venom.

HSC
Studies have been undertaken linking criminal activity with genetic makeup and neurochemicals which are excreted more in certain people.

Should these criminally slanted people be excused for their crimes? No. It's a choice. Based on that line of argument, even if a gene has been proved to cause homosexuality, they have an ability to supress this desire, as do people who excrete neurochemicals which make them predisposed to be more aggressive & impulsive --> commit crimes.

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC
i havent read the thread by i assume the following arguments have been made but shall now be REFUTED!!!!

ALLOWING IT WOULD ENCOURAGE IMMORAL BEHAVIOR!

Many scientists are saying that it is genetic. Now, I believe them to be wrong if they stop there. However, there is compelling evidence that there is a large genetic component.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...306894,00.html (Note that this gene is also responsible for increased fertility in females, which would make it a desirable trait roughly 50% of the time in nature, explaining why natural selection had not removed it)

So this argument is akin to saying “Allowing short people to get married would encourage other people to become short.” (Note: This argument also rests on the fallacious idea that homosexuality is, in fact, immoral. I also do not believe that it is entirely genetic, merely influenced by genetics)

If I were to say that being Jewish was morally wrong, should that even be given a chance at having legislation furthering that view? Of course not. Even if 99% of the population agreed with me, the reason we have laws is to protect against the tyranny of the majority.

TRADITION / MARRIAGE IS A CHRISTIAN INSTITUTION / REDIFINING THE DEFINITION OF MARRIAGE

"Marriage is defined as a union of a man and a woman under god, and has always been this way. Don't go about trying to redefine words to suit your purpose plzthnx"

thing is marriage predates Christianity. So unless whoever first thought up this whole "marriage thing" happened to be a pre-Christ Mesopotamian Nostradamus..........

I mean, the earliest recorded marriage-like ceremony was somewhere around like 2000 BC, if my memory serves me correctly. The earliest recorded ceremony that was much closer to our current definition occurred circa 500 BC in Egypt, and many Egyptologists agree that it had been around long (millennia) before that.

Also, if you'd all really like to go back to the traditional Christian marriage, there would be no divorces. There would be no marriages between people of differing colour. There would be no marriage between people with differing socio-economic status. Woman would be property. This, of course, would all be ignoring a little thing I like to refer to as secularity, more commonly known as the separation of church and state

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)