• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (3 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC
Studies have been undertaken linking criminal activity with genetic makeup and neurochemicals which are excreted more in certain people.

Should these criminally slanted people be excused for their crimes? No. It's a choice. Based on that line of argument, even if a gene has been proved to cause homosexuality, they have an ability to supress this desire, as do people who excrete neurochemicals which make them predisposed to be more aggressive & impulsive --> commit crimes.
why do they have to suppress anyfing?

murder=/=being gay last time i checked man

Venom.

HSC
Are you equating homosexuality with violent crimes?

Do you know how retarded that sounds?

This isn't an argument against what we're saying, it's a parody of an argument.
I'm comparing the reasons behind homosexuality to the reasons behind crime. When the reasons entail the same "ZOMG ITS IN THEIR BIOLOGY" argument, it makes sense to compare the two.

How is that retarded? If I believe that they're both gross anti-social activities, comparing the two is perfectly justified.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I'm comparing the reasons behind homosexuality to the reasons behind crime. When the reasons entail the same "ZOMG ITS IN THEIR BIOLOGY" argument, it makes sense to compare the two.

How is that retarded? If I believe that they're both gross anti-social activities, comparing the two is perfectly justified.
Well, violent crimes, by definition, have a victim(s); homosexuality does not. So no, you can't really compare the two.

Feel free to share your "studies", though.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
BAH! It's staring you all in the face! Homosexuality is a CRIME against the NATURAL order of PROCREATION. It is an OFFENCE against the MORAL LAW that seeks to preserve and enhance LIFE.

When you cut yourself out of this SACRED CHAIN, you effectively say that you care NOTHING for the world and its future and define reality TOTALLY in terms of YOURSELF. There is no concept of LIFE beyond ME - there is no STOIC RESPONSIBILITY attached to man's GREATEST PHYSICAL SENSATION, there is only ME and MY DESIRES in MY LIFE. If OTHERS dont like it, then they can fuck off and DROP DEAD, I dont care, because they are not ME and I owe them NOTHING

ASDEWIOJFOWIEJFDSDF

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC
Again, this is based on religious beliefs.
segues us nicely into the third argument i shouldve mentioned in my mega post

SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE LOLOL

"Allowing homosexuals to get married would degrade the value of marriage."

Hate to bring this up, as it is such a cliché nowadays, but when, you know, people can get married by an Elvis impersonator etc., it’s not exactly what anyone would define as sanctimonious. Cenus records estmate a >40% divorce rate, yet some still call it sanctimonious.

If anything, allowing homosexual marriage would lower the average divorce rate. The reasoning behind this is simple. Many homosexuals have worked hard to get these rights, and thus would have it as very important. Few would want to throw away what has been worked for so hard.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Rant, all of your arguments were really very laughable.
Utter garbage and unworthy of any of my pearls

Venom.

HSC
Well, violent crimes, by definition, have a victim(s); homosexuality does not. So no, you can't really compare the two.

Feel free to share your "studies", though.
Genes, Environment, and Criminal Behavior

My point --->

Homosexuality - May or may not be caused by genetics, physiological makeup. Debate ensues

Criminal Activity - May or may not be caused by genetics. physiological makeup. Debate ensues.

All people who are genetically predisposed to commit crimes do not commit crimes. By the same token, all people who are genetically predisposed to be homosexuals are not homosexuals.

There is a choice. Again, you'll argue that homosexuality isn't a problem, so why make that choice. I will argue against.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
WRiTING IN CAPITAL LETTERS MAKES MY ARGUMENT BETTER
Yeah, it's called passion, you souless husk.

This all boils down to LIFE - our committment to it, or respect of it, our love of it

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Genes, Environment, and Criminal Behavior

My point --->

Homosexuality - May or may not be caused by genetics, physiological makeup. Debate ensues

Criminal Activity - May or may not be caused by genetics. physiological makeup. Debate ensues.

All people who are genetically predisposed to commit crimes do not commit crimes. By the same token, all people who are genetically predisposed to be homosexuals are not homosexuals.

There is a choice. Again, you'll argue that homosexuality isn't a problem, so why make that choice. I will argue against.
While I let you tilt at windmills, I'll redirect:

If it is a "choice", as you laudably claim, and there are no victims, then why do you have a problem with it? It's not anti-social behaviour as by definition, it doesn't have any victims.

Venom.

HSC
While I let you tilt at windmills, I'll redirect:

If it is a "choice", as you laudably claim, and there are no victims, then why do you have a problem with it? It's not anti-social behaviour as by definition, it doesn't have any victims.
Fuck you're very slow. Religion.

HSC
N/A
Homosexuals are not amongst God's chosen people. If they wish to engage in sin in their limited time on God's earth, then let them be. Let the moral among them avoid their behaviour and avert their eyes, individual and collective, and move onto the sinless life that awaits those of us who are special in the eyes of the only homosexual partner that can ever be.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
They're probably not a part of your religion. So, again, why do you have a problem with it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)