• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
That's why you don't quote wikipedia links.

I use it as an agglomeration of OTHER resources. See: citations and associated footnotes. :)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Na, Wiki is truth.
The wiki deniers will be consumed by the fires of the global warming apocalypse

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
itt: we try and post as many wikipedia articles for/against as humanly possible

but what
do
you think

i think the god squad itt: know they're clutching at straws, that their stance is homophobic but don't want to admit it

maybe you guys don't even hate gays, but you can't bring yourselves to admit that really, gay people don't hurt you and nor are they going to soil the sanctity of marriage any more than heterosexuals are managing to do

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Bah, we argue and argue, then someone comes in and just states the original outrage that was refuted

The dog is turned to his own vomit again!

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Bah, we argue and argue, then someone comes in and just states the original outrage that was refuted

The dog is turned to his own vomit again!
no seriously

fuck the wikipedia shit and shove your bible up your arse butt monkey. if we sit down around a camp fire and discuss the real crux of the issue, what is it about gays that irks you so much?

there is no valid reason for you to hate homosexuals and for you to want to deny them rights so vehemently. your sanctity of marriage argument died in the arse a long time ago. townie and i could get married tomorrow, townie would still be gay and neither of us love each other as man and wife, but because he has a penis and i a vagina, it's easier to digest a loveless marriage based on false pretenses than it is to imagine two people of the same sex can love each other unconditionally. BIGGEST FUCKING SENTENCE EVER BUT WHATEVER

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to katie tully again.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
no seriously

fuck the wikipedia shit and shove your bible up your arse butt monkey. if we sit down around a camp fire and discuss the real crux of the issue, what is it about gays that irks you so much?

there is no valid reason for you to hate homosexuals and for you to want to deny them rights so vehemently. your sanctity of marriage argument died in the arse a long time ago. townie and i could get married tomorrow, townie would still be gay and neither of us love each other as man and wife, but because he has a penis and i a vagina, it's easier to digest a loveless marriage based on false pretenses than it is to imagine two people of the same sex can love each other unconditionally. BIGGEST FUCKING SENTENCE EVER BUT WHATEVER
I've said clearly what irks US. It is a stance that is against
LIFEEEEEEEE

Your second paragraph is garble and you can guess where to shove it

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I've said clearly what irks US. It is a stance that is against
LIFEEEEEEEE

Your second paragraph is garble and you can guess where to shove it
yeah no, it's legible garbage and it's less tiresome and pointless to read than 99% of your posts.

homosexuality is as much of a stance against life as taking a vow of celibacy, oddly enough i dont see you arguing against the latter.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Well that makes no sense, lady. A vow of celibacy is taken out of the most profound respect for life. By committing to tame that which people like you tell us is untamable, a great dignity and solemnity is conferred upon the act of creation between adults who have made vows to themselves and God

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I don't see how being in a homosexual relationship is any more of a stance against life than being celibate for life.

What have catholic priests ever done for the creation of life?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Well that makes no sense, lady. A vow of celibacy is taken out of the most profound respect for life. By committing to tame that which people like you tell us is untamable, a great dignity and solemnity is conferred upon the act of creation between adults who have made vows to themselves and God
ok weirdo, that merely explains the motivation behind remaining celibate. it doesn't explain how people who take vows of celibacy are more pro life than homosexuals. at least homosexuals can go on to adopt or use IVF to create life, despite their obvious biological limitations.

priests promote life when they're releasing 50 years of sexual frustration out on a 10 year old (tee hee)

Venom.

HSC
I don't see how being in a homosexual relationship is any more of a stance against life than being celibate for life.

What have catholic priests ever done for the creation of life?
Iron should be muslim. Then he'd have a decent argument. :)

Venom.

HSC
itt: we try and post as many wikipedia articles for/against as humanly possible

but what
do
you think

i think the god squad itt: know they're clutching at straws, that their stance is homophobic but don't want to admit it

maybe you guys don't even hate gays, but you can't bring yourselves to admit that really, gay people don't hurt you and nor are they going to soil the sanctity of marriage any more than heterosexuals are managing to do
I'm quite sure many have put it out in the open.

And that last paragraph made no sense. The sanctity of marriage is dependant upon the aforementioned being between a man and a woman.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
ok weirdo, that merely explains the motivation behind remaining celibate. it doesn't explain how people who take vows of celibacy are more pro life than homosexuals. at least homosexuals can go on to adopt or use IVF to create life, despite their obvious biological limitations.

priests promote life when they're releasing 50 years of sexual frustration out on a 10 year old (tee hee)
But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption!

If we're talking about the Catholic clergy, their whole being is geared to Life - service to man - through devotion to God. Renouncing the sex urge is probably the most selfless thing one can do! That selflessness is a symbol of their committment to causes greater!Not only to the moral well-being of people, but also their health and education and clothing and feeding!
The comparison is offensive, even for you.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
See "wiki is not an academic source and is only quoted by retards"
The English Curiculam have stated it is now a Valid Academic choice, proven by the fact they suggested using this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Village_(term) as a related text.

If the Homosexuals dont follow a religion, then does it really fucking matter what they do? Religions should only give a damn about thier buisness and stay they fuck out of others.

When i get married, im getting married to prove my love, not to show god, but my wife.

If a same sex couple were to get married, they would be doing it because they love each other and dont give a shit what some twat in a white hat cares. All you religious fanatics are saying its sin and thier going to get stoned/burned, but they dont believe in your ideas so back off.

Marriage is a social, spiritual, and/or legal union of individuals. This union may also be called matrimony, while the ceremony that marks its beginning is usually called a wedding and the married status created is sometimes called wedlock.
Marriage is an institution in which interpersonal relationships (usually intimate and sexual) are acknowledged by the state, by religious authority, or by both. It is often viewed as a contract. Civil marriage is the legal concept of marriage as a governmental institution, in accordance with marriage laws of the jurisdiction. If recognized by the state, by the religion(s) to which the parties belong or by society in general, the act of marriage changes the personal and social status of the individuals who enter into it.

Marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Oh boy did I miss a lot in the past six hours.

As i said before, I think we are at a crossroads of sorts, just like segregation in the US 30-40 years ago. The traditionalists will oppose the acceptance of homosexuality, the progressives will accept it, with all its bells and whistles. The progressives will inevitably win out, and the traditionalists will follow with their tail behind their legs pretending they agreed all along.

People have no justifiable reason to discriminate against gays. They don't procreate? Oh come on, they make up maybe 10% of the population. And given some of the creatures who give birth on this planet who aren't fit to be parents, maybe less procreation is a good thing. Their intimacy in public is disgusting? I cannot understand how. People are only repulsed for the sake of it.

The only reason gays are derided is because of religion. It does a great job of brainwashing ideological bullshit into spongy child brains from a young age. Venom is nothing more than a victim of circumstance. It must be hard to repress 20 years of hate directed at gays drilled into you every Sunday at church. And even if he is a troll, its not like millions don't share his exact same sentiments.

Well over 200 pages in this thread and still no justifiable reason to so find a fellow human being so abhorrent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)