• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Name_Taken

HSC
@nametaken
You will be hated by all because of my name. But not a hair of your head will perish. By your endurance you will gain your souls.
I know its not always the easiest to do whats right... But I feel, if I can't vote, then I hold so say in what is happening anyway.

However you're probably right.

Name_Taken

HSC
You do realise there is no other alternative for homosexuals right?
Where we always have the option to forsake and turn against He whom we love, let go of all our moral values and surrender ourselves to a selfish, hedonistic existence of self worship?

BlackDragon

HSC
I can't wait for gay marriage to be allowed. I am ashamed that people still have these views:

To be perfectly honest, I would almost definitely still vote against gay marriage, and gay adoption
They say they do not want to discriminate, just that they disagree, yet by opposing the changes in law then they are discrinating. Not to mention that the religion case against homosexuality isn't very logical.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Where we always have the option to forsake and turn against He whom we love, let go of all our moral values and surrender ourselves to a selfish, hedonistic existence of self worship?
Prove He exists or this is a completely meaningless statement to anyone who doesn't buy your book of wibble

BlackDragon

HSC
(he was talking about gays)

- this is despicable.
I would say go back to the stone age but they had homosexuality there too, so you might not like it.

Last edited:

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Like countering racism!
countering racism eh?

[racist]
Can't you see that they are preaching to society and people with religious morals such as myself that black people are ok, and natural and no less than whites?

They are just as much forcing their belief on me and the KKK as you claim I am on them.

I don't judge anyone on their race, one of my friends as school is black, I havn't ex-communicated him at all (though he knows where I stand).

Change is not always for good.

[/racist]

equally good argument tbh

exact same thing works for slavery (which is justified in the bible, kids)

Name_Taken

HSC
If your secular arguments are logical and coherent, you should be able to summarise them in one post, or at the very least reply to the other questions I asked in my reply to your vague and unconvincing reasons.

You not being bothered to argue your point really only shows how unsubstantiated your arguments are, and how you lack the ability to convey logical arguments in opposition to homosexuality.

You can't be bothered to convey logical arguments, yet you constantly spew your unfounded negative view of homosexuality? It seems that you are really only using religion as a facade for your own bigotry towards homosexuality - rather than opposing homosexuality as part of your religious beliefs.
You can't even be bothered to research the oppositions side of the arguement or even look back at the transcipt of this discussion, to read things that have already been explained, because you feel entitled to us explaining it all over for you individually.

You hide your own laziness behiend a veil of uncalled for personal attacks and assumptions for which you have no proof of to support your claims.

If you want to be a part of this discussion, you are welcome to do so, but we're not going to do this at your pace or when it is convient for you.

red-butterfly

HSC
You have got to be joking....

Can't you see that they are preaching to society and people with religious morals such as myself that homosexuality is ok, and natural and a healthy alternative?

They are just as much forcing their belief on me and the Church as you claim I am on them.

I don't judge anyone on their sexuality, one of my friends as school is gay, I havn't ex-communicated him at all (though he knows where I stand).

Change is not always for good.
Who's "they"?
Well then why would you have a problem with it?

Speaking of which, although you say you don't judge people about their sexuality. Your strong beliefs says otherwise.

The FACT is
You're NOT God or any other deity or higher being

Meaning you have NO RIGHT to judge what is a "sin"

sure it has all these rules in the Bible, technically we aren't suppose to poo, because it's a sin, does that stop us? no because it's natrual.

how can you be the judge of what is a "healthy" relationship?

You haven't even lived yet.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
You can't even be bothered to research the oppositions side of the arguement or even look back at the transcipt of this discussion, to read things that have already been explained, because you feel entitled to us explaining it all over for you individually.

You hide your own laziness behiend a veil of uncalled for personal attacks and assumptions for which you have no proof of to support your claims.

If you want to be a part of this discussion, you are welcome to do so, but we're not going to do this at your pace or when it is convient for you.
There's no logical opposition to homosexuality in this entire thread.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Ethanescence said:
You not being bothered to argue your point really only shows how unsubstantiated your arguments are, and how you lack the ability to convey logical arguments in opposition to homosexuality.
There just aren't any.

You can't even be bothered to research the oppositions side of the arguement
I don't read the Flat Earth Society website either.

Hey look here's something else which has no proof of to support its claims

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Already posted a link to one peer reviewed paper describing homosexuality in nature...

Not likely to see a response, lol.
It has been responded to 1000 times in this very thread. Men are not animals; we are masters of this earth and do not look to the instinctive and savage natures of the beasts to form our views on how to interact with eachother. Omg! There is murder and rape in nature too!
Why does this keep coming up?

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
We are animals, just as we're primates, and mammals. (what else could we possibly be? fungi?)

The fact that we see ourselves as masters of the earth is just testament to our own egocentrism. We are one of millions of species that has arisen and will one day go extinct.

By the way, only the religious would be vile enough to try and subtly equate homosexuality with murder or rape.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
It has been responded to 1000 times in this very thread. Men are not animals; we are masters of this earth and do not look to the instinctive and savage natures of the beasts to form our views on how to interact with eachother. Omg! There is murder and rape in nature too!
Why does this keep coming up?
Because saying something is not "natural" when it occurs in animals in nature is incorrect.

Yes, murder and rape are natural as they also occur in nature. However, they negatively harm others, and therefore they are morally wrong. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it is morally right, and vice versa.

But homosexuality does not negatively harm others. There's the difference.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
Because saying something is not "natural" when it occurs in animals in nature is incorrect.

Yes, murder and rape are natural as they also occur in nature. However, they negatively harm others, and therefore they are morally wrong. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it is morally right, and vice versa.

If they want to sin that is their choice that is for God to judge them, bringing a child into it is something i will never ever ever think is right, that is when it becomes them hurting someone else and not just themselves

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Homosexuality does negatively harm others by the moral corrosion it causes the homo and the threat it poses to the supremacy of the life-giving family in society. This is our whole argument, if you were paying attention.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
in-depth analysis of the issues as always
google: pro-gay cartoons

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Homosexuality does negatively harm others by the moral corrosion it causes the homo and the threat it poses to the supremacy of the life-giving family in society. This is our whole argument, if you were paying attention.
Define supremacy?

They're less than 10% of the population, I think you guys will be pretty safe for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)