• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
This :)

Please just explain this. You cant. Why do you ignore some parts of the bible and not others?
I actually know the answer to this. It's because so-called "wise men" told him he could ignore some bits and not others. I just want him to say it.

Name_Taken

HSC
No, it is, unless you can explain how it isn't. Hey, I'm all ears.

Shush, Iron.
If you wish to assert that I am a hypocrite, it just demonstrates your ignorace of everything we have been telling you. I am a sinner as are you. The difference is I try and resist my temptations to sin and don't take pride in myself when I fail.
Lol, I had to look for like 5 minutes to find that :p

BlackDragon

HSC
Again:

I noticed you ignored the pronouncements about getting drunk. And wearing mixed cloth.

So again: you're cherry picking one sin and ignoring others, and that sir is hypocritical.
This

This :)

Please just explain this. You can't. Or can you? Why do you ignore some parts of the bible and not others?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Lol, I had to look for like 5 minutes to find that :p
It does not answer the question she put at hand.

But continuing on what you just posted. Some people dont believe in Sin, so why should those people be discriminated against because of a rule issued from a 2000 year old book?

Name_Taken

HSC
Oh and all of you please, do you really think that I (or Iron for that matter) have the time or the desire to reply to each adn every one of your posts? (almost all of which, like 99% we've already discussed in previous posts, anyway)...

Some of us do have lives outside of Bored of Studies. Don't take it personally and think we're ignoring you, or we don't have an answer to your questions, its more like I seriously CBB answering 3 pages or so of questions in the holidays :haha:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Oh and all of you please, do you really think that I (or Iron for that matter) have the time or the desire to reply to each adn every one of your posts? (almost all of which, like 99% we've already discussed in previous posts, anyway)...

Some of us do have lives outside of Bored of Studies. Don't take it personally and think we're ignoring you, or we don't have an answer to your questions, its more like I seriously CBB answering 3 pages or so of questions in the holidays :haha:
Since the majority is asking the same question, i think you are load of shit and just cant answer the bloody question.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A

Stop making excuses and just answer the question.

BlackDragon

HSC
One question, we're all asking one question:

Why can't you tell us why you're selective about what's in the bible?

Name_Taken

HSC
It does not answer the question she put at hand.

But continuing on what you just posted. Some people dont believe in Sin, so why should those people be discriminated against because of a rule issued from a 2000 year old book?
They shouldn't be.

I never suggested they shouldn't be able to practice homosexuality, let alone that they should be punished, or the target of state inspired descrimination.

What I said is people should face the facts; homosexuality is not a healthy lifestyle, we should not be promoting it in our society, and while we may tolerate an individuals right to choose who they have sex with (including people of the same sex etc.) we should not compromise the rights of children to be raised by a mother and father or tarnish the dignity of traditional marriage (as well as offend every major religion within society an infringe on their right to see and describe homosexuality as a sin) by allowing gay marriage and adoption.

Name_Taken

HSC

Ok, tell me what I am being selective about.

What does the Bible tell me to do, that I make a point of ignoring? (Specific examples plox).

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
They shouldn't be.

I never suggested they shouldn't be able to practice homosexuality, let alone that they should be punished, or the target of state inspired descrimination.

What I said is people should face the facts; homosexuality is not a healthy lifestyle, we should not be promoting it in our society, and while we may tolerate an individuals right to choose who they have sex with (including people of the same sex etc.) we should not compromise the rights of children to be raised by a mother and father or tarnish the dignity of traditional marriage (as well as offend every major religion within society an infringe on their right to see and describe homosexuality as a sin) by allowing gay marriage and adoption.
But it is still discrimination because it is apparently offending religions.

Religious bodies should not have any say in the lives of people who do not follow the religion.

Name_Taken

HSC
Really? I thought that Christians wants to kill all the homosexuals..

Or send them all to hell, Satan, etc..
No that is the universal punishment for rejecting God throughout your life and chosing to live a life of sin, it is definately not exclusive to homosexuals.

Being homosexual in itself is not enough justification to be sent to Hell, the big thing is reject God.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
They shouldn't be.

You did say it was a sin though.

What's not healthy about it?

Marriage was once seen, more or less, as a business agreement between two families. Meh, marriage is beyond tarnish now right?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

What does the Bible tell me to do, that I make a point of ignoring? (Specific examples plox).
I always found the suggested offerings for sin to be usually ignored...

Did you sacrifice your:
Female lamb
Two Doves
Two Pigeons (plus the sprinkling of blood)
2L of fine flour

For making a forgotten promise to the Lord?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

You got drunk the other night (you said you had a hangover) and drinking to excess is apparently a sin. So is wearing mixed cloth. Do you wear mixed cloth?

These "sins" are all as ridiculous as each other.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC

I'm not asking that question.

The bible is irrelevant because it's not at all useful for developing any sort of valid moral framework. It's just one of humanity's many pre-scientific, rudimentary attempt at philosophy, spirituality etc. It contains exactly what you'd expect in a book written by ancient, ignorant men - a mixture of hideously immoral actions and teachings (all the genocides, condoning slavery and rape, etc.) and inherent moral truths which were evident to cultures across the world who'd never heard of it (don't kill n steal), and the belief, as all ancient societies had, that their god (Yahweh) supported their tribe in war.

I'm interested in a single rational reason why homosexuality could be deemed to be morally wrong. So far "it's not natural" and "public health" have failed miserably.

EDIT: Alternatively, I suppose one could also propose a rational reason why we should listen to anything in the Bible...

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Against Money Lending: Leviticus 25:37 "You are to lend neither money at interest nor food at a profit."
On a similar note.... Leviticus 22:14, if someone eats some of the Holy Offering, that person must pay the priest back the same amount, plus an additional 1/5.

Aparrently you can profit off Holy Offerings...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)