Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters
K

khorne

Fine, don't allow gay marriage, but stone to death those motherfucking children who curse their mother and father, and work on sundays! You can't just "pick" parts of the bible to follow...That is discrimination, and people who live like that can't hide behind the "oh but it says in the bible".

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Fine, don't allow gay marriage, but stone to death those motherfucking children who curse their mother and father, and work on sundays! You can't just "pick" parts of the bible to follow...That is discrimination, and people who live like that can't hide behind the "oh but it says in the bible".
Christfags don't like it when you point this up. They tend to get flustered and change the subject:

YouTube - CNNNN: Holy Homosexuals

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The Old Testament is written in the context of man's fall and turning away from Truth. For this they are banished from Eden, or God's friendship, and only gradually led back to the promised land thru a chosen people. God's mercy was by no means certain and very specific laws were given to this very specific people in a very specific time and place; the laws of Moses do not necessarily represent universal truth as revealed in its totality by the life, death and resurrection of Our Saviour Jesus Christ.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
jeez iron, isn't it quite plain that most christians distort and blur certian parts of the bible to reflect their values? They see homosexuals as a minority group and use the bible and god as an excuse to quench their own thirst for power and authority. For example, using god's notion of marraige as union between a man and a woman to disallows same sex marraige. Yet, they conveniently neglect the part which forbids the consumption of shellfish, or the parts where women are stoned to death for adultery.

So if you're going to use religion as reason to deny homosexuals equality, at least prove god's existence first and BE CONSISTENT.
No we have a Church hierarchy filled with wise men who interpret the holy scriptures faithfully and in an appropriate context, always sure to be guided by the Holy Spirit in the eternal truth that is God.

No Christian can actively support homosexuality, but the damning passages are not found in the OT; it's St Paul who expands on Christ's love of the family and life in general to reassert very clearly that homosexuality is a union that cannot form life and is therefore a union which displeases God. It is based more on perverted lust than love.

But nor can we rightfully harass/persecute those who are practising homosexuals in society. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, says the Lord. Vengance is God's alone.

chuboy

HSC
No we have a Church hierarchy filled with wise men who interpret the holy scriptures faithfully and in an appropriate context, always sure to be guided by the Holy Spirit in the eternal truth that is God.
Are you for real?

_henwee

HSC
Personally... I don't support it...
But it should be the individual's choice...

As long as I"m not involved in it... then I'm fine with it. =]

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
For me, what gets highlighted in this issue is the tragic willingness of individuals to disown any stake in society and renounce any say in what our community actually looks like. It's as if people are cowardly resigned to some infantalizing nanny state which just imposes things on the people and acceptance/resistance is almost irrelevant, as long as you retain some dark hole to crawl into where you can yell and scream and curse about it for a few seconds inbetween work.

But more than this, it highlights how cancerous relativism really is and how it has seeped into every organ of society, dividing and conquering with supreme ease. A culture which has no substance or real meaning behind it, but a facade of legalism which barely masks a political system in paper thin material. Internally however there is nothing there; a system which cannot define itself in such a blackhole of uncertainty and which is accutely vulnerable to any external threats whatsoever - even starving sri lankans in a sinking wooden boat!
i have less and less confidence in the future

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
My yes. Catholicism comes at you with the hope of a lifeboat in a sea of chaotic turmoil

Tubby69

HSC
jeez people
people change through time
time changes people's perspective
if u dont wanna go with it. Let other people
whats wrong with GAYS? seriously!
and what if there is something wrong with them? what are u people gonna do?

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
A lifeboat with the advice 'do not plough with an ox and an ass yoked together'?

That's an actual verse from the Bible.
Please you can do better not even Iron reads it literally. No his problem is his refusal to accept that those wise men and women who have interpreted it on behalf of the catholic church are human and might have gotten bits wrong which is essentially how you get old and scary catholic: iron, and trendy progressive catholic: me!

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
hey guy's here's a book that's my inspired word.
It's contents will help you avoid ETERNAL PUNISHMENT.

Oh btw I made it really ambiguous and open to interpretation so have fun with that.

ay0_x

HSC

Oh btw I made it really ambiguous and open to interpretation so have fun with that.
I came up with a name for it it starts with B and ends with ibleeee.

alternatives:
qur'an
talmud

can I have a cookie for helping =]

Lentern

HSC

Thats right champ we believe that God possessed the prophets Charles Xavier style and chose exactly what they wrote/said.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I pose a question to the very fundamental Christians (in particular, Catholics)...

Why exactly is gay marriage not allowed and what is 'wrong' with it? If God just "said so", that's not reasoning, it's blind faith and I take my hat of to your devotion but I havn't heard any real justification for exactly why homosexual couples cannot marry and what is wrong with them being together.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Fools. It is a union closed to life which is God. Marriage must be protected as a unique institution in society because it is the only one that generates life. To say that heterosexual marriage is relative to any other relationship is laughable; it is the building block of society; the unit on which the state's strength is comprised.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)