Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I'm sorry, but I thought original sin wasn't a specific character flaw, or evil, but rather a capacity and tendency for flaws/ evils. It isn't a sin initself, but it creates the opportunities to sin.

Even if my belief of the original sin is wrong, my point still stands- prove homosexuality is of demonic origin.
Read thread?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
If we are all sinners why does it matter if you are gay?
lol you mean why should we struggle against evil and temptation? This is the whole meaning of life - to choose the ways of God - truth, life, goodness, love - over the powers of evil and death because love is stronger than the forces of darkness. Its final victory was shown to the entire world thru the resurrection

Lukybear

HSC
How do you explain homosexual behaviour in animals, Alex?
What does that even mean? Theres not being a scientific paper that said, homosexual behvaiour is completely natural is good. There not being ANY rigorous scientific treatment of the subject.

But then considerating it logically, homosexuality in animals leads to NO benefit, no continuation of the species. The result of which, by Darwin's theory is death by natural selection of such genes.

But besides this, humanity is vastly contrasting to animals. We have a consciousness. We have lust and desire. I doubt you could say the same about a monkey, of such structured behaviour and thought.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
What does that even mean? Theres not being a scientific paper that said, homosexual behvaiour is completely natural is good. There not being ANY rigorous scientific treatment of the subject.

But then considerating it logically, homosexuality in animals leads to NO benefit, no continuation of the species. The result of which, by Darwin's theory is death by natural selection of such genes.

But besides this, humanity is vastly contrasting to animals. We have a consciousness. We have lust and desire. I doubt you could say the same about a monkey, of such structured behaviour and thought.
Over 90% of all sexual behaviours performed by giraffes are homosexual in nature. And yet, they are still around, still thriving.

If there wasn't some intrinsic benefit to this, perhaps not directly related to procreation, then this behaviour wouldn't exist. Behaviour of a species in general leads to its survival, not just pure procreation.

Lukybear

HSC
Over 90% of all sexual behaviours performed by giraffes are homosexual in nature. And yet, they are still around, still thriving.

If there wasn't some intrinsic benefit to this, perhaps not directly related to procreation, then this behaviour wouldn't exist. Behaviour of a species in general leads to its survival, not just pure procreation.
And ive just read that on the wiki page.

But still, human have transcended beyond that darwinist model of survival. Everyone survives, not just the strong.

And certainly, we are different from animals. Our consciouness, our conscience, imprints upon us morality, that says, dont have sex with this person, because i have a husband or wife.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
And ive just read that on the wiki page.

But still, human have transcended beyond that darwinist model of survival. Everyone survives, not just the strong.

And certainly, we are different from animals. Our consciouness, our conscience, imprints upon us morality, that says, dont have sex with this person, because i have a husband or wife.
No we haven't, and clearly you don't understand Darwinism/evolution if you think it is the strongest that survives.

And humans are one of the least monogamous apes out there, dude.

Zephyrio

HSC
That's great. Flaw in your thinking: not everyone is Christian. Not everyone wants to be. Not everyone believes in the divinity of the Bible, or in divinity at all. Therefore, kindly keep such flawed personal morals PERSONAL. If you don't like homosexuality (or rather, homosexual acts) then don't do it, and cease and desist getting involved in other people's PERSONAL BUSINESS if they choose to be homosexual/perform homosexual acts.
Agreed.

Zephyrio

HSC
lol you mean why should we struggle against evil and temptation? This is the whole meaning of life - to choose the ways of God - truth, life, goodness, love - over the powers of evil and death because love is stronger than the forces of darkness. Its final victory was shown to the entire world thru the resurrection
I hope you're campaigning equally as hard against adultery, lying, thieving, killing and other things then.

Honestly, as a Christian I can see how hypocritical we can be when we preach. And I can see if people hold great disdain for Christians and Christanity when all they seemingly do is go around on their high horses telling people their behaviour is bad and that they must stop what they're doing because is evil.

Lukybear

HSC
No we haven't, and clearly you don't understand Darwinism/evolution if you think it is the strongest that survives.

And humans are one of the least monogamous apes out there, dude.
Interesting. So do you still believe that Darwinism is still prevalent in humanity today?

How about the example of the physically disablled? They according to Darwinism, should die out and not have children etc... Yet they can live propersously and have children. All the traits of human kindness and morality. Or is it?

Lukybear

HSC
I hope you're campaigning equally as hard against adultery, lying, thieving, killing and other things then.

Honestly, as a Christian I can see how hypocritical we can be when we preach. And I can see if people hold great disdain for Christians and Christanity when all they seemingly do is go around on their high horses telling people their behaviour is bad and that they must stop what they're doing because is evil.
Your missing the point. We never said we were good. No one is perfect, except Christ himself. That is a vital component of Christianity, that everyone is flawed. Humanity is flawed. And its only truth the death of a perfect person, we are alive, our sins are cleansed.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Your missing the point. We never said we were good. No one is perfect, except Christ himself. That is a vital component of Christianity, that everyone is flawed. Humanity is flawed. And its only truth the death of a perfect person, we are alive, our sins are cleansed.
Oh dear lord, more christianity mumbo jumbo. Isn't there other arguments (maybe scientific ones) against homosexuality?

strasiotto

HSC
Read thread?
Firstly- I am not reading over 4000 posts. However, I have read several of your posts, and all you do is throw bible quotes in every direction. What is most noticeable about your posts, is that many of your quotes come from the old testament, which was not only the source of religious law, but was used as state law. For example, by the old testement we're not supposed to shave our beards, eat pork, so on so forth.

Jesus himself, which his words form the basis of all christian faiths (not the old testement), never said anything about homosexuality. He commanded us to love eachother, to not judge.

Adultery is a mortal sin, and against one of the 10 commandments, while homosexuality is not, therefor is a less serious sin. However when Jesus saw the crowd of people ready to stone an adultress, he stopped them saying that whoever has not sinned should cast the first stone. This situation can be applied to homosexuality in modern day society, and can be seen as both a physical and metaphorical act.

Fine, you can judge homosexuals and gays, you are allowed to, by your own religions saviour, on the provision that you have never in your life commited a sin.

If you continue judging, having commited a sin, and judging in the same of God and Jesus, then you are both hypocritical and blasphemous.

Having said all that, I will now pull back from this argument- if I enter again, it will not be for a rebuttal against you, but to put forward a new idea or perspective that I have thought of.

Lukybear

HSC
Firstly- I am not reading over 4000 posts. However, I have read several of your posts, and all you do is throw bible quotes in every direction. What is most noticeable about your posts, is that many of your quotes come from the old testament, which was not only the source of religious law, but was used as state law. For example, by the old testement we're not supposed to shave our beards, eat pork, so on so forth.

Jesus himself, which his words form the basis of all christian faiths (not the old testement), never said anything about homosexuality. He commanded us to love eachother, to not judge.

Adultery is a mortal sin, and against one of the 10 commandments, while homosexuality is not, therefor is a less serious sin. However when Jesus saw the crowd of people ready to stone an adultress, he stopped them saying that whoever has not sinned should cast the first stone. This situation can be applied to homosexuality in modern day society, and can be seen as both a physical and metaphorical act.

Fine, you can judge homosexuals and gays, you are allowed to, by your own religions saviour, on the provision that you have never in your life commited a sin.

If you continue judging, having commited a sin, and judging in the same of God and Jesus, then you are both hypocritical and blasphemous.

Having said all that, I will now pull back from this argument- if I enter again, it will not be for a rebuttal against you, but to put forward a new idea or perspective that I have thought of.
I dont think Iron is judging. He is merely trying to stop the legalistion of homosexual marriages. If he is passionate, as he sees soul decaying away, then so be it. But i dont think truly that he is judging or casting any stone.

We are not saying cull all the homosexual in the house. His actions are morally righteous from his perspective. And if people disagree, then so be it.

sydchick

HSC
N/A
OMG.

The above posts remind me of Sunday mornings when the JoHo's and Christians bang on my door at 9 am trying to shove religion down my throat.

Screw religion.

There is nothing wrong with being gay (if that floats your boat) and more so, who the fuck cares anymore? It is not like it is the biggest taboo in the Western world.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I dont think Iron is judging. He is merely trying to stop the legalistion of homosexual marriages. If he is passionate, as he sees soul decaying away, then so be it. But i dont think truly that he is judging or casting any stone.

We are not saying cull all the homosexual in the house. His actions are morally righteous from his perspective. And if people disagree, then so be it.
You make us sound like a disease.
This is precisely what you are...

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Interesting. So do you still believe that Darwinism is still prevalent in humanity today?

How about the example of the physically disablled? They according to Darwinism, should die out and not have children etc... Yet they can live propersously and have children. All the traits of human kindness and morality. Or is it?
Human evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
That's true Lukybear. I dont claim that homosexuality is the worst sin or that all homos should be segregated and tortured etc (although...). I know the 'queer' club at uni and they know that I belong to a faith that firmly believes that their lifestyle is a sin. I might admonish them for dragging what is essentially a personal/private struggle into public and virtually proclaiming it a virtue, but that's ok. I find that people respect you more if youre upfront and unflinching about such things. It's better than being some spineless grey slug apathetically seeking approval from anyone by showering them with transperent mucusy compliments.

Others (esp myself) admonish me for doing things of equal badness and displeasure to God. We all have our contradictions.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
That's true Lukybear. I dont claim that homosexuality is the worst sin or that all homos should be segregated and tortured etc (although...). I know the 'queer' club at uni and they know that I belong to a faith that firmly believes that their lifestyle is a sin. I might admonish them for dragging what is essentially a personal/private struggle into public and virtually proclaiming it a virtue, but that's ok. I find that people respect you more if youre upfront and unflinching about such things. It's better than being some spineless grey slug apathetically seeking approval from anyone by showering them with transperent mucusy compliments.

Others (esp myself) admonish me for doing things of equal badness and displeasure to God. We all have our contradictions.
That sounds so drooly. I think I'll use this in my next essay/creative writing :D haha

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)