How are the 06's finding yr 12 so far?? (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Dimsimmer said:
I do 4 unit maths and its time consuming
So true, but if you're doing 12 units like me, i like to think of it as 1/3 of my time spent on maths which is a big chunk of it.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
How's 4unit maths Dimsimmer? It'll get harder and harder and harder and harder and harder......
That's if you thought it was easy.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Riviet said:
So true, but if you're doing 12 units like me, i like to think of it as 1/3 of my time spent on maths which is a big chunk of it.
1/3? you're lucky.
It takes me over half of my time to do mx1 and mx2. I should make sure that my life is not all 4u maths and should start concentrating on my other subjects, which are also important- like ..english!

P

pLuvia

Nah, 4u isn't that time consuming yet, freaking 3u is though :(

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I said i like to think of it that way, but the reality is not. :D
It's more like 70%.

Bennett88

Club Sandwiches not Seals
HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
Just wanting to know how the new HSC students are coping so far??? Is it what you expected or not? I found the teachers to be the biggest problem during this time, closely followed by the parents!
What does everyone else think?

Permit me to demonstrate.

*pumps shotgun*

*bites nozzle*

raky

HSC
im finding yr12 ok so far i guess, i probably need to push myself a bit more...i can't wait for the holidays....i will probably write notes for legal, bio and find related texts,etc.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
its ok but the fact that assignments and exams go to ur HSC scares me, i have a business essay due on tues, we write it at home then write it in class, i fully memorized it and i am still writing it again and again, but still i feel that im gona fckn forgot everything when writing it in class, cant get it out of my head =(

Last edited:

who_loves_maths

I wanna be a nebula too!!
somewhere amidst the nebulaic cloud of your heart
HSC
Originally Posted by hopeles5ly
its ok but the fact that assignments and exams go to ur HSC scares me ...
yes, precisely what i thought too this time last year - except i've since learnt, and you will probably too, that assignments are so much nicer than cramming for exams (unless you cram for assignments too :p)...
believe me, getting to do things at your own pace, combined with the freedom of expressing your own knowledge and opinions in assignments, is the essence of education.

"last-minute" exams, esp. in the format of the current HSC, are only examiners of memory - not talent, nor skills.

learn to love your assignments - see them as opportunities to show your understanding. you will meet more of them, thankfully!, at university too.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

So far I only have on chemistry assignment and one MX1 test and 1 MX2 test coming up on the same week :( But work load is increasing but revision is decreasing slightly :( not a good thing

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I have a physics and chem prac assessment, M2u + MX1 + MX2 assessments, a ecos assignment and an english AoS assessment in the next few weeks, it's gonna be hectic for me. >_<

let.me.die

HSC
im hating yr 12.. theres so much work to be done. ive got assessments coming up too for pretty much all my subjects in two wks time. yr 12 is too hard

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
Well, thank god there is no mx2 test for me this term since im starting to get lost in class and dont understand what the teacher is going on about even with the explanations that hes written out on the sheets of paper. He seems to get confused sometimes and also a bit lost. He looks like a person who is trying to do an unprepared speech. Plus, i got issued out a cambridge textbook which i dont understand the explanations. So i went and bought an excel book which has better explanations so i understand it a bit better.

P

pLuvia

Cambridge is crap at explaining and the exercises it has in the book don't relate to the information that is given in the book. Fitzpatrick explains much better than it, which I have to go and buy :)

Dimsimmer is excel any good?

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
Yes, i reckon that excel is good at explaining and it also has fully worked solutions. But i also think that the Terry Lee book is also a good book, but i have looked at Terry Lee briefly and it also has fully worked solutions which take up about half the book, maybe more.

P

pLuvia

I have terry lee, but like the questions seem a bit basic and don't cover all the ones in cambridge. But yeh fully worked solutions are good :D

Al Capone

HSC
kadlil said:
I have terry lee, but like the questions seem a bit basic and don't cover all the ones in cambridge. But yeh fully worked solutions are good :D
yer sometimes they have explanations too here and there which r helpful

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
champ_sammy_19 said:
Speaking of coloured paper try using a colour for each subject :)
done and done, i have colour coded subject folders
me is a visual person yah

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
ali777 said:
yes!! just five minutes ago we were wandering through the school (we still called anything outside a playground) in herds, with scared little eyes and we were wondering how the year 8's got so big!

and now my school is like....you're in year 12. go on, do your work kiddo!

crazy?!

ur school is around the corner from the silly performing arts one that i attend
hello

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)