HSC
Re: 回复: Re: How do we pronounce ATAR?

DOTARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

xD

they prob came up this name cuz the officials in BOS played too much DOTA :p
/facepalm

speedofsound

HSC
i was pronouncing it ay-tar all day, and felt like a massive douche in the process.

ah-tar sounds a little better.

I got a letter in the mail today... its going into effect this year o__O we're the 1st ones with ATAR...
aw, i kind of feel sorry for you guys. your year is the first with the new area of study, and now this ATAR bullshit.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC

So, it's changed and whatnot, but after all the reeling, is there really a difference? Not really. The main question on my mind is how do we pronounce it? A.T.A.R sounds kind of exhausting, though this may be due to it being unfamiliar. OR, the more fun and already implemented in my mind position of 'Argh-Tar'

'What's your ARGH TAR!'
Kind of like SPARTA!
Or TARTAR!
Either way, it's more fun to yell.

Opinions?
But doesn't "Argh-Tar" just remind you of that South Park episode where the kids discover boobs, otherwise know by them as "Argh-Tar"?

yy-d

HSC

AY-tar o_O
i thought class of '10 would be guinea pigs again. guess not :p

Last edited:
B

becca47

AGAIN?! what do you mean again?! you guys haven't had to deal with anything and we're getting messed around.
and i would say ai-tar... sounds heaps better than ah-tar. ah-tar sounds kinda wanky.
A-T-AR is heaps clever too! :)

HSC

You guys forget the creative writing task inclusion (worth actual marks) in the selective test :p

B

becca47

i don't know what that is but if its before year 12 it doesn't count for anything anyway so don't whinge. :)

Stoogey

HSC

I think i'll just keep calling it UAI :wave:

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC

I think i'll just keep calling it UAI :wave:
My thoughts exactly.
However, in the context of this thread, "UAI" is an incredibly strange way to pronounce "ATAR".

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC

ive already started saying ayy-tarr, its the new 'it' term at our school now lol :)

Clifford

HSC
Now I'm just swirling in a sea of equally enticing positions. In one corner, we have the tried and true 'this is ARGH-TAR!' and I do like the intense connotations. But then again, 'Ay-Tar' sounds like a sweet bogan sleeze refering to a bucket of sluzz called 'Tar'. You know, he leans forward, 'Ay Tar' and then slowly drags his pierced tounge across yellow, crooked teeth. How bloody intruiging is that?

I am firmly opposed to a straight A-T-A-R, that's exceedingly dull and will extinguished any undamped HSC ambitions. So let's move away from that, and back to the DOTA, boobies and sleazy reading.

I do like A-tard also.
'I screwed that up so badly, I'm going to get 30!'
'You can't get 30 anymore, it'll be 36, you A-Tard'

Such fun.

PoisedTiger007

HSC
What about the SAM calculators on this website? It looks like Bored of Studies needs to change everything over completely!

What I find hard to understand is why they want the max. ATAR to be 99.95. Why not just make it percentage-wise? Why 0.05 less? :S

accio.brain

HSC
to all the people sayin 'ah-tar' ... You mean like 'AH-tar' or 'ah-TAR' ?? if that makes sense =.=
i was saying AYtar all day and it sounds super retarded. though the A-T-AR thing sounds better than AYtar, more like UAI...
I'm still calling it a UAI too though..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)