• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

London Explosion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
we could get hit... i mean wasnt bali lyk a warning... and john howard going on american tv with bush... but australia cant except such support from america... maybe britain... americans only care about themselves... i say get out now...

but then we werent even important enough to be included in the great 8...

Comrade nathan

HSC
the cells don't communicate to make it harder for authorities to find them.
I don't think that is the reason. I think they don't communicate because they aren't cells in a traditional sense. I think they are random groups claiming to be part of this al'Qaeda network.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Samie_Loo said:
we could get hit... i mean wasnt bali lyk a warning... and john howard going on american tv with bush... but australia cant except such support from america... maybe britain... americans only care about themselves... i say get out now...

but then we werent even important enough to be included in the great 8...
We're not in the G8 because that's based on GDP, and we're only around 15th in the world in that respect.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
azzie said:
iran
russia?
usbekistan could be worth a shot
tajikistan aint doing anything this winter
what about saudi arabia, they're pretty rich
it's like "adopt a nation"
If America invades Russia, it's lights out Bush (and anybody else stupid enough to take on Russia).

But Putin and Bush are buddies, so...

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
That still leaves you with about 130 million very angry people and a hell of a lot of nukes.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
me no english said:
why would they invade russia?

its not like its state sponsored terrorism.
You can still invade russia for fun. It's always fun to invade a world superpower.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Airness said:
You can still invade russia for fun. It's always fun to invade a world superpower.
Russia are hardly a world superpower anymore.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Argonaut said:
Chances are your average Siberian resident won't know anything happened.
Problem is that there aren't all that many residents of Siberia.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
wtf why would you invade Russia? like it hasn't suffered enough last century or something. for god's sake, stop making stupid comments.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Anyway, I'm sure Russia won't mind talking about terrorism at the G8 summit. It's a big problem for them, too. No prizes for guessing who's behind the terrorism in Russia (al-Queda led Chechnyans).

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
cherryblossom said:
wtf why would you invade Russia? like it hasn't suffered enough last century or something. for god's sake, stop making stupid comments.
Vodka...They produce 10 billion litres a year.

Generator said:
It isn't just measured in terms of defence/law enforement expenditure, azzie. Australia is a looming entity in what theone calls the "global campaign against terror", but moreso in a symbolic role than anything else.
i think its actually quite amusing that we aussies have such an inflated sense of our own importance in world affairs...while we are obviously aligned with the US and britain in the so called 'war on terror' and as such are possible targets of terrorist attacks it is absolutely absurd to think that we are in any way important enough to warrant our belief that we are prominent on the world stage. Most people in the US aren't aware that Australia was even involved in Iraq, and the same goes in Britain. Just because our role in the coalition of the willing gained news time here in Australia, doesnt mean it did everywhere else. we are not a "looming entity" in any way, except perhaps in our own minds.

tempco

HSC
Slide Rule said:
Anyway, I'm sure Russia won't mind talking about terrorism at the G8 summit. It's a big problem for them, too. No prizes for guessing who's behind the terrorism in Russia (al-Queda led Chechnyans).
since when were al-qaeda involved with the chechnyans?

Generator

HSC
N/A
beethoven said:
i think its actually quite amusing that we aussies have such an inflated sense of our own importance in world affairs...while we are obviously aligned with the US and britain in the so called 'war on terror' and as such are possible targets of terrorist attacks it is absolutely absurd to think that we are in any way important enough to warrant our belief that we are prominent on the world stage. Most people in the US aren't even aware that Australia was even involved in Iraq, and the same goes in Britain. Just because our role in the coalition of the willing gained newstime here in Australia, doesnt mean it did everywhere else. we are not a "looming entity" in any way, except perhaps in our own minds.
I wasn't suggesting that we are a target or that we are as prominent as the US and the UK, but rather that we are far from being as insiginificant as both you and azzie suggest. Besides, given that we are all well aware of reports that many US citisens cannot find Canada on a map, I wouldn't be one to use such 'evidence' supporting your stance freely.

It's our position in the minds of those in power and those acting against the global movement against 'terror' that matters, not how where stand in the eyes of a farmer from kentucky or steel-worker from Sheffield. Just to reiterate, I'm not saying that we are as prominent as other nation-states, but rather that we aren't that insiginificant.

Last edited:

Alimoe_KG

HSC
withoutaface said:
Russia are hardly a world superpower anymore.
When you have nukes, you are a world superpower.

As long as you have the capability of saying "fuck you, i'll blow your ass up", you're super powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)