Motivational stories for HSC 2010 (1 Viewer)

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
The median UAI in 2008 for UWS Medicine was 99.
What the above post also said. Source? I thought once you got over the 93 GWS/95 non-GWS hurdle, ATAR didn't matter anymore.. only UMAT and interview

I found your source. But my 93/95 ATAR argument still holds =P

Last edited:

Irrelevance

HSC
My cousin got 96 odd, but did well on his UMAT and interview.

He's doing medicine at UNSW now.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
If you're asian, you would probably hear about a lot of parents bragging about their kid's UAI/ATAR. You can shut them up for good if you do better =P

spagbowl

bread.
HSC
for all those maths-worriers, i got 32.5% on my trial extension 1 maths test, ended up with a terrible rank, with some hard work etc etc managed to grab a 42 hsc mark.

loler

HSC
i was worried as hell going into maths advanced hsc having not passed a single exam whole year, think my highest was about 48, and ranked somewhere in last 10. came out with a hsc mark of 88 for maths.

mckensara

HSC
first of all, i have never been particularly academically gifted, never won an academic prize. i was always above average, but i was in special education classes during junior school and struggled through middle school.

i failed maths and science or barely passed. in year 11 i was below average in many of my subjects.

during year 12 i worked hard throughout the year and started to creep up in ranks. when i got to the actual hsc, i actually came first in some subjects.

i am just about to start a law degree at sydney uni.

moral of the story is, believe in yourself. you can do this.
dont listen to the haters. there will always be someone bigger and better, someone with something negative to say. but only you know what is inside of you, only you know what you are capable of, which is anything.
just keep going, dont give up.

mioumiou

HSC
first of all, i have never been particularly academically gifted, never won an academic prize. i was always above average, but i was in special education classes during junior school and struggled through middle school.

i failed maths and science or barely passed. in year 11 i was below average in many of my subjects.

during year 12 i worked hard throughout the year and started to creep up in ranks. when i got to the actual hsc, i actually came first in some subjects.

i am just about to start a law degree at sydney uni.

moral of the story is, believe in yourself. you can do this.
dont listen to the haters. there will always be someone bigger and better, someone with something negative to say. but only you know what is inside of you, only you know what you are capable of, which is anything.
just keep going, dont give up.
Thank you for your lovely story with a lot of motivation. This thread has loads of motivational stories. After reading them, I feel like I should put more efforts into my work now. thanks everyone!

:)

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
These kinds of stories make me feel complacent. So that I think if I get a bad mark I can somehow pull a miracle out of nowhere and still come top 5. Scare tactics work better.

K

Kozak92

These kinds of stories make me feel complacent. So that I think if I get a bad mark I can somehow pull a miracle out of nowhere and still come top 5. Scare tactics work better.
The biggest scare tactic I can think of is pathways >_>. Imagine doing an extra year of studies just to get into Uni when you could've tried harder in school and got in directly.

mckensara

HSC
it didnt come out of no where at all if that was the impression i gave you
i worked very hard day in day out. blood, sweat and tears my friend. and the occasional meltdown.
i tried everything under the sun. constantly trying to improve. constantly battling against what i thought was possible and the small box that i was placed into. wasnt easy.

perhaps be motivated by the fact that there are people who will work their way up while you 'flat line' and stay in the same position.
i achieved a higher result than those naturally smarter than me/ were sure i was no threat to them.

the hsc is alot more about discipline and dedication than it is about anything else. if you totally commit to it, you will succeed.

-EDIT- i was always motivated by these things

- music (till i collapse, remember then name ect ect) and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BirIEDYrw0Y was always a nice pick me up
- sticking you finger in the face of everyone who doubted you
- having EVERY door open. if you do very well in the HSC life is easier for you when you finish in terms of degrees/changing your mind, you leave all your options open
- its one year, your hsc mark is forever. no one can ever take it away from you
- 13 years of your schooling life only to not get in?
- honestly, the 4 months after the hsc is the LONGEST holiday of your life. worth the work now
- with great opportunity comes great responsibility. use it.
- dont let your teachers down! haha

good luck guys its a rough year and there are times where your going to be thinking. fuck this, i dont care anymore
and during those times draw on your inner strength and just keep going.

"in order to get from what was to what will be you must get through what it"
" success doesnt come to you, you go to it"
"people do not lack strength they lack will"
"the difference between the possible and the impossible lies in a mans determination"

Last edited:
K

Kozak92

it didnt come out of no where at all if that was the impression i gave you
i worked very hard day in day out. blood, sweat and tears my friend. and the occasional meltdown.
i tried everything under the sun. constantly trying to improve. constantly battling against what i thought was possible and the small box that i was placed into. wasnt easy.

perhaps be motivated by the fact that there are people who will work their way up while you 'flat line' and stay in the same position.
i achieved a higher result than those naturally smarter than me/ were sure i was no threat to them.

the hsc is alot more about discipline and dedication than it is about anything else. if you totally commit to it, you will succeed.
Thats brilliant. I bet you loved the look of their faces after they realized you kicked their ass :guitar:

mckensara

HSC
Thats brilliant. I bet you loved the look of their faces after they realized you kicked their ass :guitar:
a highly rewarding experience my friend!

especially getting into law school when so many people were so condescending to me.. take that BASTARDS :D

TheYear2011

HSC
one of mi friends needed an atar of like 60+ to get into uws and he tried reallli hard all year and got like 69 atar. so if you work hard you can get qwhat u want. tho his goal was tiny and so was his end result lol

kcqn93

HSC
I came dead last for the Maths ext1 and mid-range for 2unit maths half yearlies and yearlies for preliminary.

With some motivation and hard work, I am now first in 2unit and second for 4unit and currently preparing for my 3unit assessment next week.

Hope i keep this up...

mckensara

HSC
I came dead last for the Maths ext1 and mid-range for 2unit maths half yearlies and yearlies for preliminary.

With some motivation and hard work, I am now first in 2unit and second for 4unit and currently preparing for my 3unit assessment next week.

Hope i keep this up...
you will! its only up from here :)

stephoe

HSC
Bear Grylls once gave himself an enema to aborb water drained from faeces...If he can do that, I can do the HSC. nuff said.
AHAHHAAHAH that made me giggle for 2 or so minutes :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)