• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim cleric: women incite men's lust with 'satanic dress' (3 Viewers)

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
he was indeed..soha you were there?? i might have seen you!!

yeh physician(*sorry i thought kulazzi asked me this first), it was in english, so there are no translationary errors in script...word for word.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
he was indeed..soha you were there?? i might have seen you!!

yeh physician(*sorry i thought kulazzi asked me this first), it was in english, so there are no translationary errors in script...word for word.
yeah i was there..only to see khaled yassin..
however i had to listen to the otehr guy who isnt a sheik which upsets me to begin with

then the way he spoke...wasnt really nice
what he said..wasnt nice at all
he could have brought out the exact same point without being so straight forward..
he could have used nicer examples and made it more clear..but less clear
u know?

ahh...reading this whole thread has really pissed me off

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
indeed, the first one..he was great so powerful, yet emotive and catered to all men and women...wonderful speaker.

the second one...i wanted to smack him. gosh, insult half the Muslim population, yeah that's the way to garner support :rolleyes:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
indeed, the first one..he was great so powerful, yet emotive and catered to all men and women...wonderful speaker.

the second one...i wanted to smack him. gosh, insult half the Muslim population, yeah that's the way to garner support :rolleyes:
the first guy..khaled yassin..lives across the road from my sister..lol
and hes been doing mad lectures
like the otehr week he did a lecture for women only..about womens issues..etc..
where do u live...woolongong was it?
did u come all the way from otu there?

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
yerp
did indeed, only for him though.
the second guy..man i wanted half my money back.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:

unfortunately thats how it is now a days, a few days back I was at syd uni attending a general Islamic discussion and the guy that was giving a lecture could not speak English (No offence to him, as he was knowledgeable) but everyone had blunt look on their faces. Then you have other types of speakers who have no bloody idea about what Islam is and when they are speaking it seems as if they are the center of the universe and their subjective opinion is the way to go.'

But of course you have a few that are bloody exceptional both in knowledge and the ability to communicate. When listening to these ppl you just feel "perfect" and even non Islamic ppl seem to identify themselves with these speakers.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
unfortunately when you post an article like this a non muslim is going to be outraged at what they are reading
and not understand
especially if you dont know the lecturer and his history and what his opinions are and what group he's with etc
and especially if you dont have knowledge on what islam really says about women and this whole issue..to begin with..
then your just going to be confused and think islam is whacked out wtf kind of religon is this?

im upset at some of the things ppl are saying..but what can ya do ?

mahuligan

HSC
soha said:
unfortunately when you post an article like this a non muslim is going to be outraged at what they are reading
and not understand
especially if you dont know the lecturer and his history and what his opinions are and what group he's with etc
and especially if you dont have knowledge on what islam really says about women and this whole issue..to begin with..
then your just going to be confused and think islam is whacked out wtf kind of religon is this?

im upset at some of the things ppl are saying..but what can ya do ?
yay! i think you summed up this thread quite nicely... if people took the time to actually research the religion of islam, not how people interpret it or practice it, they would be quite amazed at how different it is to what they innitially thought. Islam isnt prejudiced against women..thats ridiculous! did you know that Prophet Mohammeds wife Khadija was a successful business woman that was respected and honoured greatly by the men aswell as the woman of her country? if islam was so oppressive to females how on earth did she become so successful in her business ventures?! :confused:

white rabbit..i feel incredibly bad for you about how u suffered all those injustices as a child, and to be honest there are times when i absolutely despise that particular race when i see how some of them act in public :chainsaw: ...but did it ever occur to you it might not have anything to do with their religion? lebanon has a large population of christians aswell, it isnt just muslims!
have you ever had any problems with people from pakistan, india, bangladesh, sudan, sumalia, egypt, jordan etc etc ? this may suprise you, but the whole entire population of islam is not based in lebanon. ;)

WonkaHead22

HSC
neither is it based in india, infact india is not even a muslim country.

besides it has nothing to do with religion, if those ppl were dickheads to him , its probably how they were raised.... !

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
WonkaHead22 said:
neither is it based in india, infact india is not even a muslim country.

besides it has nothing to do with religion, if those ppl were dickheads to him , its probably how they were raised.... !
hes saying that there are muslims in all of those countries
not only lebanon
infact more in those countries then there is in lebanon..

india may not be muslim but there is a population of muslims in india

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
Interesting debate

I have one question....how did the debate go from sheikh feiz to india?? ppl stay focused. Oh and i agree with tangerine....sheikh khaled yasin is fantastic. extremely dynamic, moderate and an absolute inspiration to us all. he's having an interfaith dialogue next wednesday in campsie with a few Christian ministers.. should be good. if you want more details about it, ask.

White Rabbit..... i agree with you. some lebanese muslims do act wild and their behaviour is unjustified but their behaviour is completely isolated from their faith. if they knew their faith properly and were not burdened by their own misconceptions about their religion, they most certainly wouldnt be acting this way. What i find a shame is the fact that the australian people in general are looking toward these guys as well as isolated gang rape incidents and the medias biased coverage of terrorism to formulate an opinion on the religion of Islam. If only people would take the time out of their lives, rather than posting anti-Muslim threads dripping with hate and contempt, to go to a local library or islamic centre and find out what TRUE Islam is like. And on your way, find out WHY muslim women wear hijabs and discover the reasons behind laws and regulations regarding women which Western writers twist and contort to make appear as though Muslims are a bunch of incompassionate, misogynistic oppressors. In Islam, absolutely everything has a reason, it's not as in the case of Catholicism for example, where certain questions may go unanswered in the name of faith. Everything in our religion has a satisfying reason and if people only took the time out to discover these reasons, then they will be left quite surprised.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
THANK YOU. it's strange that those who were throwing dirt on the religion before in this thread aren't even replying now that the truth is out.

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
True. Here's a poem from sydneyislamicyouth.com about the hijab. It hits the nail on the head and shows that, contrary to the popular Western view, Muslim women are not forced to wear the hijab by their so-called "oppressive" husbands (although unfortunately this is a reality for only a few Muslim women) but in fact choose to wear it out of their own accord. I myself donned the hijab last year. The reason? Id walk down the road minding my own business when some guy decides to whistle at me or make lude hand gestures. Perhaps in theory, to many girls, this is the aim of wearing skimpy clothing- to attract the attention of the opposite sex and feel "sexy" and "appealing" as a result. I on the other hand, found it degrading and felt subjugated by the lecherous desires of men. I felt trapped by my own appearance and more so, i was frustrated that the value of my personality was being overrided by my looks(btw, im not trying to boast, im trying to make a point). It was then i decided to put on the hijab and i can honestly say, ive never felt so liberated. Im now valued for my intellect, personality and opinion rather than my cleavage , bum and midriff.

If being valued, appreciated and taken seriously as a human being rather than as a piece of flesh is oppressive, than so be it.

When you look at me

What do you see when you look at me
Do you see someone limited, or someone free
All some people can do is just look and stare
Simply because they can't see my hair

Others think I am controlled and uneducated
They think that I am limited and un-liberated

They are so thankful that they are not me
Because they would like to remain 'free'

Well free isn't exactly the word I would've used
Describing women who are cheated on and abused

They think that I do not have opinions or voice
They think that being hooded isn't my choice

They think that the hood makes me look caged
That my husband or dad are totally outraged

All they can do is look at me in fear
And in my eye there is a tear

Not because I have been stared at or made fun of
But because people are ignoring the one up above
On the day of judgment they will be the fools
Because they were too ashamed to play by their own rules

Maybe the guys won't think I am a cutie
But at least I am filled with more inner beauty
See I have declined from being a guy's toy
Because I won't let myself be controlled by a boy

Real men are able to appreciate my mind
And aren't busy looking at my behind
Hooded girls are the ones really helping the muslim cause
The role that we play definitely deserves applause

I will be recognized because I am smart and bright
And because some people are inspired by my sight

The smart ones are attracted by my tranquility
In the back of their mind they wish they were me

We have the strength to do what we think is right
Even if it means putting up a life long fight
You see we are not controlled by a mini skirt and tight shirt
We are given only respect, and never treated like dirt

So you see, we are the ones that are free and liberated
We are not the ones that are sexually terrorized and violated

We are the ones that are free and pure
We're free of STD's that have no cure

So when people ask you how you feel about that hood
Just sum it up by saying 'baby its all good' ;)

maryk

whats this about a debate?? sounds interesting. when, where and what time?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I believe I did say previously I don't blame religion, as Islam in it's purest form is one of the most peaceful religions in the world, did I not? It's men who have twisted and contorted the Qu'ran to suit their own agenda. Furthermore I said Catholism and christianity in general was not perfect - I know the Bible is full of inconsistancies and contradictions.

And you say that we (Australian people in general) focus on the bad side, well unfortunatly where I grew up, the bad side was what we saw most of.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
mahuligan said:
white rabbit..i feel incredibly bad for you about how u suffered all those injustices as a child, and to be honest there are times when i absolutely despise that particular race when i see how some of them act in public :chainsaw: ...but did it ever occur to you it might not have anything to do with their religion? lebanon has a large population of christians aswell, it isnt just muslims!
have you ever had any problems with people from pakistan, india, bangladesh, sudan, sumalia, egypt, jordan etc etc ? this may suprise you, but the whole entire population of islam is not based in lebanon. ;)

Well, instead of patronising me, perhaps you may like to read my previous posts. I have said I know muslims from Eastern states in the Middle East, such as the Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman etc and they are lovley people. It's not the religion. It's Lebanese men who more often than not are muslim. I have a whole heap of mates from South East Asia who are muslim and the countries I previously listed, but I have said this before.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Kulazzi said:
That's why Islam promotes females to wear loose clothing, head scarf and cover themselves so not to lure the males...
oh gosh, you know what's disturbing? I just read an article that women who wear lose clothes, baggy clothes and all cover up (hence, don't dress femininely) get raped in South Africa coz they are seen as lesbians and men rape them in attempt to 'turn them straight'

:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)