Votes: 33 22.6%

• Total voters

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Re: Leaders push for 'sorry' compensation

katie_tully said:
Motherfuckers!
1. Education in the rural areas is adequate. No you're not going to get the same level of education in a remote village but fuck. Also if you're Aboriginal TAFE courses are free. Fuck off to everybody else who has to pay $400+
2. Healthcare is more than adequate.
3. They have recreational activities. THEY FUCKING VANDALISE AND BREAK SHIT AND THEN SPRAY PAINT ABORIGINAL FLAGS ON EVERYTHING.
4. If the transport is good enough for everybody else, it's good enough for them. Fuck off.
qft

if you think that, living in a remote village miles from assfuck-anywhere, that you're automatically entitled to the same quality of education etc that you'd get in the city, then you are deluded. when you live in a place like that, you get what we can reasonably manage to provide. and if that is not good enough for you, you are welcome to go somewhere else.

K

katie_tully

Re: Did you support Rudd's apology?

Zrap said:
White people are fucked
I know.
They're the biggest bleeding heart saps I've seen in my entire life. You reckon if white Australians were the minority that Abos would give a shit? I think fucking not.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Re: Rudd to say Sorry on February 12

Not being involved in the apology what-so-ever?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Re: Did you support Rudd's apology?

katie_tully said:
You reckon if white Australians were the minority that Abos would give a shit? I think fucking not.
Woo, racist generalisations!

bassistx

HSC

He's the only living ex PM who didn't show up. Bitchy much?

K

katie_tully

He's the only living ex PM who didn't give a shit and probably had better things to do yesterday.

If he'd turned up you'd all still be bitching. I have no idea why this is such an issue for you all.

'Rudd apologised, but that Howard who didn't support the apology didn't. I'M SO SUPRISED THIS IS AN OUTRAGE'

Seriously.

Zrap

glock9
HSC

That could be argued both ways.
But the RESPECTFUL thing for him to do would be attend,
like all the other ex-PM who give RESPECT
BIG WORD

bassistx

HSC

You really like to be.. I can't find the word.

Above, where I explained what I meant by my previous post and that we were on the same page (relatively), you completely ignored it and went straight to "seriouslyyyyyyyyy get over ittttttt".
So if I agreed with you now, would you pick on the next person?

I'm not having a go at you, but I just think it's amusing how you like to hit back at every post. You're a real debater. And for someone who was on the debating team, I'm so not interested in heated cyberspace debates lol.

I'm sure the PM had better things to do, of course.. Like go on a walk. In fact, I have better things to do as well than read almighty Katie's corks (which is what you're doing, putting a cork in everyone's mouth if they don't agree with you).

I'm going to take your advice. I'll piss off and do something "productive". Hint hint.

K

katie_tully

Zrap said:
That could be argued both ways.
But the RESPECTFUL thing for him to do would be attend,
like all the other ex-PM who give RESPECT
BIG WORD
Respect? Respect for what?
He didn't support the freaking apology, why the fuck would he bother attending the ceremony?

What the hell is so hard to comprehend? If he had attended you'd be all 'lolz that howard is such a fake hypocrit, he doesnt care'.

He did exactly what most people with half a brain expected him to do, and he kept his distance.

Fuck, go and blog about it or something

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

it really doesn't matter whether howard turned up or not. we know where he stands on this issue. it doesn't make a difference whether he fronts to something he both disagrees with and has no influence over now that he's not in power anymore.

K

katie_tully

Bassix, where do you get the impression that every one of my posts is in response to you?

You guys are the ones who are going on about Howard not being there. It was pretty evident why he wasn't there.

If you don't want to debate it, stop replying.

Gay Captain

HSC

bassistx said:
You really like to be.. I can't find the word.

Above, where I explained what I meant by my previous post and that we were on the same page (relatively), you completely ignored it and went straight to "seriouslyyyyyyyyy get over ittttttt".
So if I agreed with you now, would you pick on the next person?

I'm not having a go at you, but I just think it's amusing how you like to hit back at every post. You're a real debater. And for someone who was on the debating team, I'm so not interested in heated cyberspace debates lol.

I'm sure the PM had better things to do, of course.. Like go on a walk. In fact, I have better things to do as well than read almighty Katie's corks (which is what you're doing, putting a cork in everyone's mouth if they don't agree with you).

I'm going to take your advice. I'll piss off and do something "productive". Hint hint.
Ad hominem

Zrap

glock9
HSC

katie_tully said:
Respect? Respect for what?
He didn't support the freaking apology, why the fuck would he bother attending the ceremony?
Respect, respect for what?
um i dont know the aboriginal community. Fuck this is getting repetitive
cause it obv goes into your ear and goes out the other.
Doesn't matter about support, a shitload of Libs were there who didn't
support. IT'S STILL DISRESPECTUL TOWARDS THE
ABORIGINAL PEOPLE (repetitive cause your thick).
But you won't acknowledge this and rebuttal.
Fucking can't wait

Gay Captain

HSC

Zrap said:
Fucking can't wait
Ad hominem

K

katie_tully

Zrap said:
Fucking can't wait
Goes thru my ear?
You're the fucking idiot who has just said Howard didn't care about Aboriginals for his entire 11 year stint, yet in the same breath you expected him to attend the ceremony to show respect. What the fuck have you got between your ears?

A shitload of Libs probably supported the apology, hence their attendance. A shit load of Libs also didn't support the apology, hence their absence. Just because Howard was once Liberal leader and didn't support the apology does not mean all Libs don't support the apology.

Evan11

HSC
Re: Leaders push for 'sorry' compensation

quixote studios said:
white kids ARE taken away, so are brown, yellow, mexican
I love it how mexican is a colour now :p Btw DHJ the last thing we need is a bleeding heart who is likely to become a judge! We have enough (BTW congrats, i wanna do ur course)

Zephyrio

HSC

Lol at this thread.

Here's my take, though no one will give a shit and I don't expect them to.

I think that, as schroedinger pointed out, the apology was symbolic, but not restorative. There will be nothing done to undo the Stolen Generations, simply because we can't. "Sorry" does not explicity imply responsibility; in fact, used in the context of comforting a grieving friend, it can mean something else altogether.

The apology was symbolic in the sense that a white institution, such as the Australian Parliament, were finally bowing down to the traditional owners of the land and admitting wrongdoing... heck, if the apology meant nothing to you, then that is fine, but don't go around saying that it was an empty gesture just because it didn't affect you. From what I could see, many Aborigines were glad and felt as if time had finally come, and obviously the apology meant the world to them.

So I supported the apology, needless to say. I support any act that will cross out the issues for the Aboriginal Tent Embassy... look, you could say that Rudd's speech was a piece of trash, but it obviously meant a great deal to the Aborigines to whom the speech was directed. Say, did anybody listen to Brendan Nelson to his speech's entirety? I was squirming around on my seat lol. My goodness, what a shithead. Way to bring up petrol sniffing and alcoholism on such an occasion.

P.S. Aborigines remain the most marginalised peoples in Australia, and if the economy's having billions of dollars in surplus, surely some of this can be aimed at improving their lives. If you don't like the fact that some of your taxpayer money is dedicated to Aboriginal affairs, then go to another country, obviously. To me, the fact that much of them live in ghetto-like conditions in Redfern, have their own medical facilities and centres reveals the failure of assimilation, and rather than re-inforcing the idea of "hey, they have the facilities, why don't they use them!", counterintuitively, it just higlights the level of their isolation.
P.P.S I don't get the outrage about Howard being there. He was never for the apology, so why the hell attend?

Peace.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)