Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Im quite good when writing essays but when it comes to creative writing I suck like no tomorrow. I need some tips and advice to help me.. My exam is tmrw i know leave me alone ahha
Be creative.

Like actually. Don't let your logical side fuck you over and stop you from writing a weird but possibly awesome story. Just be logical in your details of the story.

AppleTea

HSC
Im quite good when writing essays but when it comes to creative writing I suck like no tomorrow. I need some tips and advice to help me.. My exam is tmrw i know leave me alone ahha
become creative, get good, english well and mayb pop a pill before going into your creative writing piece

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
become creative, get good, english well and mayb pop a pill before going into your creative writing piece
"Be creative" is actually a legitimate advice.

I was in EX1 and the teacher gave us images and we had to write down words associated with it that we think of on the top of our head, and it could be the silliest thing, as long as their was a reason why you thought of it.

And bam, a really crazy crime writing story came up during that exercise I was doing.

AppleTea

HSC
"Be creative" is actually a legitimate advice.

I was in EX1 and the teacher gave us images and we had to write down words associated with it that we think of on the top of our head, and it could be the silliest thing, as long as their was a reason why you thought of it.

And bam, a really crazy crime writing story came up during that exercise I was doing.
a crime writing story does sound pretty weird tho. What happened? did the person just write about crime

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
a crime writing story does sound pretty weird tho. What happened? did the person just write about crime
I wrote about how someone killed someone with a textbook - we needed to make it unique in a way, rather than just a knife etc, and establish the character's voice.

Eurgh, crime writing was for EX1, and EX1 is pretty weird.

AppleTea

HSC
I thought markers don't like characters getting killed off ?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
nah it's sweet just end it with "and I woke up and realised it was all just a dream" fixes the actual killing of a character :)

MilkyCat_

HSC
nah it's sweet just end it with "and I woke up and realised it was all just a dream" fixes the actual killing of a character :)
make sure the death is slow and painful and you describe it in detail first tho

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I thought markers don't like characters getting killed off ?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
If its first person, it will make no sense. BECAUSE if they did get killed, how are they telling the story?

I always kill of characters is my story, because I am always the omniscient narrator. And also because I like writing war creatives :)

sliktap

HSC
If its first person, it will make no sense. BECAUSE if they did get killed, how are they telling the story?

I always kill of characters is my story, because I am always the omniscient narrator. And also because I like writing war creatives :)

The main character committing suicide works alright too

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
The main character committing suicide works alright too
I would generally stray away from killing your main character if you're first person. Suicide and dying is the same thing in a broad way, sometime dies.

I also think suicide is a very complex way to kill off you main character as opposed to having random, not important characters suicide because I feel like it needs an emotional connection with the audience to really have an insight of what has pulled them to that cliff. Otherwise, never did suicide, because my main character in my war story is never a pussy

So I don't know why you even typed that LOL

Graceuf

HSC
Just going to leave this here :tennisclap:

Feeling more confident about my exams now. Cause even if I fail. I at least know that 'fluent American' isn't a thing.

Although I never knew about England being closer to Jupiter and the Sun.

I really hope this is a joke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)