Votes: 33 20.1%

• Total voters

Examine

same
HSC
people don't even know how/when to neg.
either
a) random
b) disagree with you - which doesn't necessarily indicate a lack of quality/credibility in your post. Say I posted something in the politics section and choose to disagree, there's always some user that's butthurt and chooses to neg.
Well this usually happens because their argument is terrible and they should feel terrible.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Fair point :)
I'm glad we have come to this agreement... i might have needed to have negged you.

well look
i could spend an hour and 10+ comments arguing with this broad in a discussion that will derail this thread and won't get anywhere because we're both as stubborn i suspect as each other and when discussions revolve around semantics it gets quite redundant to argue about it
or i could neg her with a final comment, and she me and the whole pointless thing could be avoided. or if extreme take to pm's or bos walls
Or we could all not give a flying fuck about what some piece of text is saying and get on with our lives.

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
that's not the primary function of rep button - whether you agree or not. If someone has a post with free notes, you don't rep them because you agree - what's there to agree on? It's more whether you liked the post or not.
Even if it was about disagreeing/agreeing, who cares about someone's level of being 'agreed' with.? It still doesn't make that person a credible source but someone who tends to agree with the majority.
pls not semantics

agree/think it's useful/like it
tomato tomato

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
Or we could all not give a flying fuck about what some piece of text is saying and get on with our lives.
we can't all be submissive sheep like you bored of hsc

dumb people should be aware that they're dumb
misinformed people should be aware that they're misinformed

righttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
you can argue with me if you want... but looks like you can't argue face to face, you choose to neg instead. I believe that basing your judgement of other people on such faulty system is stupid. What did I do now to deserve a neg, I'm discussing the issue, you think that is a "negative reputation"?
Only someone with low rep would make this argument. We aren't here to 'discuss' or 'argue', this isn't the oxford debating society, here we settle our differences like men - with negs.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Look I just want my gold internet penor back ok

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
we can't all be submissive sheep like you bored of hsc

dumb people should be aware that they're dumb
misinformed people should be aware that they're misinformed

righttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Ohh but that makes it so much more fun watching people like you argue :p

But seriously, anyone who thinks they're actually making a difference in the way people think here is deluded (not directing this at you effy). Fair enough for stuff like hsc advice and whatever where there are clear goals and what not. (and even this isn't stationary, ie see that "burn out" thread). But in the end of the day it's just some person who is equally as stubborn (and conscious of their e-penis) and whose experiences and thus perceptions of "reality" are different. Move on.

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
oh come now mods
you can't just edit my first poll thread for me to remove the multiple choice option
but you can certainly change votes from public to private

eshay lad 69

HSC
N/A
tbh on this forum atm the reps didnt do enough damage because most people didnt wield enough reps to do anything.

If someone had the rep power to change peoples shown rep power up or down than shit would be real good.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
tbh on this forum atm the reps didnt do enough damage because most people didnt wield enough reps to do anything.

If someone had the rep power to change peoples shown rep power up or down than shit would be real good.
High powered users could do this.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I've undeleted threads as I think they are important topics for users to discuss, providing they do so COURTEOUSLY and RATIONALLY

HSC
N/A
a preventative measure they took a while back to stop the 'circle jerking' was by making rep power more based around how much you posted (as opposed to rep points).

look at misc for example
now THAT system is fucked

A user could have like 23950345 rep points, and if you got negged, you're gone :haha:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I recall the rep system being abused by the almighty Rafy when he neg reps shadowdude a million times when he gets close to gold.

HSC
Uni Grad
I recall the rep system being abused by the almighty Rafy when he neg reps shadowdude a million times when he gets close to gold.
That. But then again as far as I know I don't really care about rep coming back/not coming back anymore.

eshay lad 69

HSC
N/A
a preventative measure they took a while back to stop the 'circle jerking' was by making rep power more based around how much you posted (as opposed to rep points).

look at misc for example
now THAT system is fucked

A user could have like 23950345 rep points, and if you got negged, you're gone :haha:
thats exactly how I want it, imagine how great non-school could be if it were like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)