• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Retail Bitcherhood (1 Viewer)

Dave85

HSC
BreaKing said:
lmao......

nah but seriouly teh worst customers are the female indians, they are so fucking skint, its fuckin heaps funny, their heads move as u scan the groceries, then they look up at the screen and if its liek 1 cent over and they're all like "no! no! no!" and they stink of B.O, especially the old women.
omg! thats so true isnt it!! accept mine are usually asian and they look @ the screen and shake their heads. It might come up $9.98 and they're like, "NO! NO! it said $9.92". Then you see them reach into the wallet and its full of about one hundred $50 notes! ahhhhhhhh!

u also remined me of another thing that shits me! ...@ bunnings we charge 10c for bags which gets donated to charity. People will seroiusly ask for a bag for ONE little screw or nut. its ridiculous. then ppl always hav a cry and its like... FUCK it goes to chairty and if u really need something to carry it we provide cardboard boxes. wat are u wingeing about?!? ...one women wrote my name down and said she was going to call alan jones about it. needless to say i nearly wet my pants laughing!!

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
iambored said:
how?? if someone has a number before they go before.
trust me i've seen it happen esp when people dont realise that there are numbers and someone who comes after them gets served first

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Dave85 said:
omg! thats so true isnt it!! accept mine are usually asian and they look @ the screen and shake their heads. It might come up $9.98 and they're like, "NO! NO! it said $9.92". Then you see them reach into the wallet and its full of about one hundred $50 notes! ahhhhhhhh!

u also remined me of another thing that shits me! ...@ bunnings we charge 10c for bags which gets donated to charity. People will seroiusly ask for a bag for ONE little screw or nut. its ridiculous. then ppl always hav a cry and its like... FUCK it goes to chairty and if u really need something to carry it we provide cardboard boxes. wat are u wingeing about?!? ...one women wrote my name down and said she was going to call alan jones about it. needless to say i nearly wet my pants laughing!!
lmfaocoaster dumb bitch!!!

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
its late i have to work... maybe its thursday already i dont know. Hate retail but i only have it for 4 hours tomorrow. how am i going to concerntrate with results looming

televators

HSC
yeah, the thing is guys with the deli... people tend to get absent minded, forget they have a number at all!- and some (believe it or not) actually take tickets out of the little dish at the front and say they were earlier...lmao

S

Shuter

Quite funny, today at Maccas I was in the line, and observed this lady whinge about the price of her meal FOR AT LEAST 12 MINUTES!

I knew the guy who initally servered her, but it was the unlucky manager who had to do most of the explaining.

See initally he had put everything thru correctly except added an extra large fries (the old bag probably mistakenly asked for it). So anyway, he removed the fries from the prices but oh no, she wasn't content with the new [correct] price.

"$16, that's alot for two people" yeah well maybe if your daughter wasn't such a fat arse it would be less.

Anyway, she prodceeded to talk to the manager, argueing over something that could of been no more than $2 off, but I believe it was actually 30c she was arguing about. The manager went through the entire receipt at least 8 times and I clearly heard him say on 4 seperate occasions "no that's where you mistake is, we put the drinks through seperatly but everything still adds up to the meal prices", but she was too thick to get it.

I stood there slightly frusterated at first because I couldn't get free shit off my friends because I had to go to another line, but by the end I was just laughing my head off because it was petty. If I had more than the $3.50 I needed for a hamburger on me, I would have just gone "here's $2, why don't you just go sit down".

televators

HSC
lets face it. retail is shit- the only reason we're here is because of the cash

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Shuter said:
See initally he had put everything thru correctly except added an extra large fries (the old bag probably mistakenly asked for it). So anyway, he removed the fries from the prices but oh no, she wasn't content with the new [correct] price.

i used to work at maccas and soooo many people go to maccas and order stuff and then say that they hadnt ordered it, and act like you are stupid.

today at work this old lady came in and she always comes in and buys coffee off me, and i give her a discount cos shes nice and she always talks to me, and today when she came she bought me a christmas present of a box of chocolates and scratchies and i won $5 on it, lol.
then another little old lady gave me a tip, and i NEVER get tips so i was a bit shocked.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
today at work this old lady came in and she always comes in and buys coffee off me, and i give her a discount cos shes nice and she always talks to me, and today when she came she bought me a christmas present of a box of chocolates and scratchies and i won $5 on it, lol.
then another little old lady gave me a tip, and i NEVER get tips so i was a bit shocked.
awww that's really sweet! i feel good when i establish good relationships with customers, some come and visit you with little gifts, some give you tips, some just stay and chat with you for hours. :) i like making friends with regular customers

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
biggles04 said:
I've made friends with this old man - I served him the other week for the first time and he like shook my hand and's like
"You're a good lad - I will see around here"

scared. very scared.
haha, i love some old people that come to where i work. we have lots of little old ladies that are regulars :p
some old people can be soo rude though and think the sun shines out of their arse

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
A lady came in at 8am on Thursday wanting a refund of 55c because the "boy at the dvd section did the price match with Big W wrong". She spent the 55c on a chocolate, she really should've saved the money for the lipo.

And.. what's with fat middle aged ladies and getting chocolates when they go through the register! Don't they think, "Hey i'm fat. Maybe chocolate isn't the best thing to be eating every time I buy something at this place". Ok, maybe not everytime.. but a lot.

Collin

HSC
N/A
steph@nie said:
A lady came in at 8am on Thursday wanting a refund of 55c because the "boy at the dvd section did the price match with Big W wrong". She spent the 55c on a chocolate, she really should've saved the money for the lipo.

And.. what's with fat middle aged ladies and getting chocolates when they go through the register! Don't they think, "Hey i'm fat. Maybe chocolate isn't the best thing to be eating every time I buy something at this place". Ok, maybe not everytime.. but a lot.
Same deal at the supermarket I work at. Lots of fat 30-40 year olds come in for the usual: Packet of Smiths/Kettle chips, Cadbury chocolate bar (large sized), small chocolate bar.. and a 1.25L Coke Cola Amatil Company soft drink. I mean, they have lard oozing out from all directions, yet they still come back every day to buy all this shit. So really, you never find myself asking 'Why are Australians so fat nowadays?' because I have to stare at the answer everyday.

waterfowl

HSC
I don't mind retail (Myer), in fact I am finding it to be a great job. It is soooo much better than working at Subway.

The only two things I hate are:
Customers who yell and get angry over tiny little things like $0.50 or something; and especially those who call you stupid or insult you (or your co-workers for that matter). The stupid morons don't realise that getting like that just makes us want to kill them, not help them.
I also hate when you have three managers coming in and telling you to do three different things! Seriously they need to work together.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
JKDDragon said:
Same deal at the supermarket I work at. Lots of fat 30-40 year olds come in for the usual: Packet of Smiths/Kettle chips, Cadbury chocolate bar (large sized), small chocolate bar.. and a 1.25L Coke Cola Amatil Company soft drink. I mean, they have lard oozing out from all directions, yet they still come back every day to buy all this shit. So really, you never find myself asking 'Why are Australians so fat nowadays?' because I have to stare at the answer everyday.
and I feel sorry for their kids, because they give them chocolate too so they've got these minature tubs of lard following them around. It's terrible.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i fucking hate it when customers, the second they've paid for something, say "oh that was supposed to be cheaper" or "that itan was reduced 2 clear" - even tho they knew it BEFORE they paid! then u have to call 4 a manager and there's a lot of fucking around. GRRRRRRRRR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)