Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

jirwin

HSC
Stocktake (Coles):
Just because I'm sitting on the ground doesn't give you the right to run me over with your trolley. I'm sitting as close to the shelves as possible to count the products and theres heaps of room still. If you do accidently hit me, apologise, don't just keep running me over!

Grr had this happen tonight. Was counting make up products, sitting as close to the thing as possible, heaps of room for trolleys/customers to get through and this woman runs over my back/shirt and then stops, looks at products, keeps going. She was so close she could've walked over the top of me. I literally felt the trolley's wheels on my back!

CieL

HSC
greekgun said:
For customers shopping at supermarkets: if u have a problem with something, or we have overcharged u, shortchanged u, need another bag or just wanna be an asshole of a customer, please wait til i have finished serving my current customer. I cant stand it when some ass ive served interrupts me when im in the middle of scanning and packing shit so i can get them an extra bag.
Gah tell me about it.
Most of them are fine, but some are really impatient..
I spend 99% of my time working at the kiosk where I'm serving at the conveyor belt and for the people who just buy cigarettes..

I hate it when someone who just wants smokes just shouts out what they want whilst I'm in the middle of a transaction with someone on the belt.. even after I've told them "I'll be right with you".
Like what do you expect me to do? Suspend the current transaction to serve you or something?

I usually don't even glance at them and just tell them to "hold your horses" or "hold up, let me finish this first ok?"
Then they jingle around on both feet like they need to pee or something..

jirwin said:
Was counting make up products, sitting as close to the thing as possible, heaps of room for trolleys/customers to get through and this woman runs over my back/shirt and then stops, looks at products, keeps going.
Did you say anything???
Sounds like you didnt.. I would of loudly said, "Excuse me, your trolley is on me".

P

pLuvia

greekgun said:
For customers shopping at supermarkets: if u have a problem with something, or we have overcharged u, shortchanged u, need another bag or just wanna be an asshole of a customer, please wait til i have finished serving my current customer. I cant stand it when some ass ive served interrupts me when im in the middle of scanning and packing shit so i can get them an extra bag. I had this woman come up to me when im serving a customer and starts shouting at me because she orded a prepaid optus rechare thingo and she didt get the reciept from her transaction 30mins ago and accused me of stealing it. I went on to tell her that i have only just started my shift and i wasnt here 20 mins ago and she went on and wouldnt stop bitching. So the service mangager had to come down and calm her down, and check the vids to see if she had the reciept or not - and it turned out that she took the reciept. Anywho, she decicded that we tampered with the video's and wanted to stick around for 30 or so mins to keep hassaling me to the point where i told her to fuck off.
I totally agree with that, I mean can't they wait until we have finished with the customers then ask?

It was so good once that that happened but I didn't respond to the woman and the customer I was serving said "look just wait until he's finished ok!?!" I just looked at the woman and smiled lol

Also is there a policy in supermarkets (woolworths to be specific) where if you scan an item wrong onto the computer and the customer says its wrong and you check that it is wrong they get that item for free? I only know of coles? (not sure if they still do it) where if you pay for an item that is more than what it really is, then you get it for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
Yeah scanning policy. If the product scans higher than the marked price then you get the first one free and any after that for the marked price.

shakky15

HSC
REFUNDS (best and less)

- no, we dont have a service desk or some other place dedicated for exchanges/refunds. line up like everyone else and wait, dont say 'oh i just want to exchange this' while im serving a customer.
- i cant authorise refunds/exchanges myself. i need to call the service supervisor, who is just another team member with plenty to do too. dont whine or start acting impatient to me, i cant make them walk any faster.
- yeah sorry the process is long and annoying, but thats not my fault. ESPECIALLY if you excitedly took off the tags before you checked if you fit in it. sorry but i dont know the code off the top of my head so youll just have to wait until someone gets the code for me.
-yes, you DO need to give us your name address and phone number. company policy. i didnt just decide that i wanted your number (and trust me, i dont). dont give me bs like 'im a good person' or 'do you think im trying to steal?'.. just fill out the damn paperwork.
- if you dont have a receipt, dont have a bitch that the price it scans up for is less than you paid. no receipt = whatever the price is NOW. you dont have proof of what you paid for it. your lucky we even offer exchanges without dockets.

oh and another thing:
- its part of my mode of sale to ask you if you want a blue enviro bag. ive heard all the excuses before. i dont need to hear 'oh ive left them in the car' or 'ive got plenty at home'. just a polite 'no' is all i need thanks. i dont like asking the question as much as you dont want to buy the damn bag.
- if something scans for $21.99 but its 'on special.. on a rack over there' for like $20.49, dont have a whinge when a staffmember has to go check for you. i cant just take your word for it (and you're usually wrong anyway). and then i dont understand why you dont want it anymore when i tell you its not on special. do you want the item or not?? so what if its an extra $2?? tightarse. i understand if its like $10 difference but honestly some people decide on a purchase because of less than $2..
- and if you then decide you dont want the item, i have to call the service supervisor to delete the item, dont roll your eyes when i call for them on the mic. not my fault you couldnt read a price tag or your that cheap. in fact, its probably worse for me when the item is deleted because management doesnt like it. makes me look incompetent.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
1. If you come in looking for a girly calendar, don't be surprised if I lead you to the most difficult-to-reach place on the rack. The calendars are there for a reason.
2. If you insist on ogling said nude calendars, please put them back where you found them. I don't find it funny when you put the Exotic Angels in full view of the public and then have to deal with complaints.
3. If we start pulling the canvas over the racks, it means we're closing. It does not mean that we have time to take you through each calendar simply so you can admire them; we want to go home.
4. If you want to speak to my manager, you've got him. If you want to speak to the owner, well, you've got him, too. Sure, there's an older guy floating around from time to time, but he works for me. Not the other way around.
5. Check the fucking price tag! Our prices are listed in four currencies: Australian, New Zealand, Canadian and American dollars, so don't be raising hell when the calendar scans at $24.99 instead of $14.99.
6. If you don't like the prices, leave. Begging, borrowing and stealing won't get you very far. I can't change the price, and even if I could, I certainly don't see why I should do so simply for you. Discounts will be applied on boxing day, and not an hour beforehand.
7. If you take a calendar off the rack, put it back where you found it.
8. Control your kids. In fact, don't even bring them near the racks unless they're on a leash. I don't want to be running all over the centre because your toddler who doesn't understand the concept of money just yet nicked one from the Children's section.
9. While I don't mind stopping for a chat - it's really rather boring standing here for nine hours on end - I also have a business to run. So if I excuse myself because my phone is ringing, it's not my girlfriend: in fact, it's probably someone important.
10. I know you ordered a calendar a week ago, and I know I said it would be here today. But if it isn't, it's not because I lied to you to get you to part with your hard-earned (when you haven't actually paid a cent yet): it's because there was a mistake or a delay in shipping. They don't mean to fuck up, they just do. Welcome to life.

bdude

HSC
Here's one:

If you're at a checkout - don't answer your f'ing phone. I'm not a mind reader, don't just wave your credit card in my face and expect me to assume it's on credit, and I still have to ask for FlyBuys.

HSC
bdude said:
Here's one:

If you're at a checkout - don't answer your f'ing phone. I'm not a mind reader, don't just wave your credit card in my face and expect me to assume it's on credit, and I still have to ask for FlyBuys.
that's pretty silly dude. as if someone wouldn't answer their phone just because they're at a checkout.

danberg

HSC
ChockoRepublic said:
that's pretty silly dude. as if someone wouldn't answer their phone just because they're at a checkout.
Yeh but when ur on checkout u'll understand- i'm fine with people who apologize when they take their call, but if they're on the phone for the entire transaction its rude, and u'll get rudeness back- i know staff who talk particularly loudly when someone's on the phone, PLUS if your at the front service desk to buy cigs and ur on the phone, DON"T EXPECT SERVICE!

-->MOST IMPORTANTLY: empty ur handbaskets on ur register !!<--

greekgun

HSC
bdude said:
Here's one:

When a customer does this i just say really loudly "HAVE U A FLY BUYS CARD". It pisses them off, thus making me happy.

bdude

HSC
Another one: don't complain to me that the $4.00 Sultana Bran is placed next to the $5.80 Sultana Bran Crunch, (a) I have no control over where things are placed in the store, (b) They were probably placed next to each other because they are a similar brand and (c) look at what you pick up before you put it in your trolley if you're after a specific special.

CieL

HSC
I hate it when dodgy kids try to buy cigarettes.

There's this one guy who came to me 2 days ago and tried to get a deck of Marlboro.. I asked for ID since he looked really young.. then he says he doesn't have his ID on him, but he told me that Dave [my duty manager] saw his ID a few days back.

I was thinking in my head.. *err wtf Dave doesn't even go on checkouts why would he show his ID to Dave anyway*

So that was the end of that..

Then today [2 days after the first incident] he stands at the kiosk again and I asked what he wanted.. same procedure.. I asked for ID.. he shows me a Learners permit at the window of this wallet.. the DOB is at the bottom covered by part of his wallet so I ask him to take it out to show me.. and it says MAY 1991

I'm like standing there so confused [sorry i'm from the 80s lol].. my head is telling me he's 17, and on the other side I'm wondering why he's showing me his ID if he's not yet 18.

So I said.. "You're like......... 17"
And he says, "Yeah, but I'm nearly 18"
Me: "It doesn't work like that. Bye"

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
CieL said:

There's this one guy who came to me 2 days ago and tried to get a deck of Marlboro.. I asked for ID since he looked really young.. then he says he doesn't have his ID on him, but he told me that Dave [my duty manager] saw his ID a few days back.

I was thinking in my head.. *err wtf Dave doesn't even go on checkouts why would he show his ID to Dave anyway*

Then today [2 days after the first incident] he stands at the kiosk again and I asked what he wanted.. same procedure.. I asked for ID.. he shows me a Learners permit at the window of this wallet.. the DOB is at the bottom covered by part of his wallet so I ask him to take it out to show me.. and it says MAY 1991

I'm like standing there so confused [sorry i'm from the 80s lol].. my head is telling me he's 17, and on the other side I'm wondering why he's showing me his ID if he's not yet 18.

lol, i've had that before, but i have to say i prefer that to blatant lies, such as "no, i really am 18, you have it wrong" (to which i just now say "computer says no")

or the perrenial favourite "oh my ID is just in the car, i'll go get it" with the customer never returning

HSC
CieL said:

ahaha, my brother always used to do that because you guys have cigarettes for cheaper.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
townie said:
lol, i've had that before, but i have to say i prefer that to blatant lies, such as "no, i really am 18, you have it wrong" (to which i just now say "computer says no")

or the perrenial favourite "oh my ID is just in the car, i'll go get it" with the customer never returning
lmfao

... COUGH

HSC
PLEASE. LEARN. TO. FUCKING. READ.

Even before I worked in retail, when I buy something I always ALWAYS look at the text of a product, not just pick an item up and look at the price. I don't except everyone to do that, but when it seems like an awesome special, you probably should read the fucking text.

For example yesterday, I work at woolies, its fucking busy and this bitch says she picked up a loaf of wonder white ($3.99) and its meant to be 2 for $4.50, I immediately think hmm I doubt it but go and check. Yes somebody had stuck a massive tag over the wonder white saying 'tip top varieties - 2 for $4.50'. So I went back and told her that and she kept whinging that the tag said 2 for $4.50 and I'm like yeahhh but you have wonder white, the giant tag clearly says tip top.

Like yes its not your fault but for fucks sakes READ TAGS ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS BUSY AND YOU'RE IN A HUGE FUCKING QUEUE AND HOLDING PEOPLE UP WITH YOUR BITCHING.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
i agree with the whole learn to read

like fuck today soo many people came through and they're like.. oh it's buy one get one free. and so i would go check.. and it's like buy 2 get 1 free. and then they're like ok i don't want either.
it's just so chat

and i hattee when people stand there with their hand outstretched waving the money at me when i'm clearly still scanning and packing.

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
housah0lic said:
i agree with the whole learn to read

like fuck today soo many people came through and they're like.. oh it's buy one get one free. and so i would go check.. and it's like buy 2 get 1 free. and then they're like ok i don't want either.
it's just so chat

and i hattee when people stand there with their hand outstretched waving the money at me when i'm clearly still scanning and packing.

where do you work at?

graiiciiee

HSC
IF YOU DONT WANT ICE IN YOUR DRINK FUCKING TELL MEE WHEN YOU ORDER NOT AFTER >=(

thats all for now ^__^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)