Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

greekgun

HSC
housah0lic said:
and i hattee when people stand there with their hand outstretched waving the money at me when i'm clearly still scanning and packing.
That shits me bad. But wat i do is when im giving them change back (if they arent paying by eftpos) is i wave it at them and put it right under their face until there grabbing it when there putting away there FB or groceries.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
housah0lic said:
i agree with the whole learn to read

like fuck today soo many people came through and they're like.. oh it's buy one get one free. and so i would go check.. and it's like buy 2 get 1 free. and then they're like ok i don't want either.
it's just so chat

and i hattee when people stand there with their hand outstretched waving the money at me when i'm clearly still scanning and packing.
that doesn't rly bother me

but

i do get a certain satisfaction from when they're poking (for example) a $50 note in my face the whole time,
and the total comes to $51.20 or something

i'm thinking like "yeah, take that!"

CieL

HSC
I really hate retards that do weird things.

Like this woman yesterday who had a massive trolley full of stuff.
She goes through a junior register with a little bench [like a woolies express].. and she mumbles something about $30 which the girl serving her didnt really hear..

The junior scanned half the stuff and the total was currently ~$47 and the woman's like... "STOP STOP!" and I look over to see what was wrong.. and the woman actually wanted the girl to stop when it hit $30 so she could get the fuel voucher.. so the girl had to delete $17 worth of $1 goods for the retarded woman.

It was the end of the night and she left me with half a trolley full of loose stock that SHE took off the bloody shelf and just shoved it to the side.

It just makes me wonder what's going through her head...

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
WAIT YOUR TURN! I was walking past the home entertainment counter when the guy behind it asked me to help him because it was getting really busy. So he's helping a customer and I'm helping a customer and a third person who's also stopped to help us is helping a customer. Because we only had one set of keys, I left my customer near the cabinet to grab the keys off the other guy who was behind the register. As I'm walking back to my customer, this dickhead yells out "hey! do I have to wait a million years to get served??" and I was like, "sorry, we'll be right with you." and he goes, "what are you all doing?". and I said "we're just helping customers", and he replies with "aren't I a customer?". Arghhhhh. Yes, you are, but the world doesn't revolve around you. You haven't even been waiting there that long.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
CieL said:
I hate it when dodgy kids try to buy cigarettes.

There's this one guy who came to me 2 days ago and tried to get a deck of Marlboro.. I asked for ID since he looked really young.. then he says he doesn't have his ID on him, but he told me that Dave [my duty manager] saw his ID a few days back.

I was thinking in my head.. *err wtf Dave doesn't even go on checkouts why would he show his ID to Dave anyway*

So that was the end of that..

Then today [2 days after the first incident] he stands at the kiosk again and I asked what he wanted.. same procedure.. I asked for ID.. he shows me a Learners permit at the window of this wallet.. the DOB is at the bottom covered by part of his wallet so I ask him to take it out to show me.. and it says MAY 1991

I'm like standing there so confused [sorry i'm from the 80s lol].. my head is telling me he's 17, and on the other side I'm wondering why he's showing me his ID if he's not yet 18.

So I said.. "You're like......... 17"
And he says, "Yeah, but I'm nearly 18"
Me: "It doesn't work like that. Bye"
My favourite tactic is to play along with it and casually ask them what their favourite Pokemon is.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
JJBearPaw said:
I'm most likely doubling up. But I want to whinge!

Maccas.

Drive Thru -

- If you dont go to the ordering bay first, I cant serve you. You HAVE to turn around and order first. Dont fight me on this, you're not going to win.
- Dont roll your eyes when I hand you the eftpos swipe thing. I have other shit to do. Is it really that hard?
- Dont ask me to go look in the storage for a specific toy. We dont have that toy. We have this toy. That's it.
- Dont talk shit about me when you're at the ordering bay. I actually can hear you through my headset, whether I'm talking to you or not.
- Dont order a $60 meal and then get pissy when I tell you to park for a couple of minutes.
- Don't cut in line and then plead with me that you just want a cheeseburger....and a coke....and a medium fries.
- Dont bitch at me when the frozen coke suddenly goes on defrost. I cant help that!
- Dont ask for a refund when we run out of chocolate powder to put on the froth of the cappucino's.

Front Counter -

- If you dont ask for a meal, it's your fault not mine. And then when I give you a free drink anyway because I'm nice, dont roll your eyes and act pissy because you had to wait for me to make that drink.
- Dont talk to me like you're better than me. I might be working here, but you're eating it.
- Dont order 6 different meals and then freak out when one burger is missing.
- Dont get angry when you're morbidly obese and you expect me to realise you wanted an upsize on every item of food.
- Dont beg me to find you a specific happy meal toy. Dude, we dont fucking have it in stock.
- DO NOT click at me to get my attention
- DO NOT whistle at me to get my attention
- DO NOT yell at me to get my attention
- Do not expect me to give you free sauce. Fuck off. It's 50c pay up.
- Dont ask for a McOz, bacon cheeseburger, Mc Africa, Mc Asia, pudding, brownie or any other shit that we do not sell anymore.
- Please dont ask me what's the healthiest option. None of it is fucking healthy.
- Dont order a white coffee and then freak out when it's filtered coffee with milk in it. If you want a flat white, order a flat white.
- No we're not a McCafe, does it look like we are??
Agreed on all of these :) , especially ones pertaining to:

- free sauce
- eftpos
- frozen coke
- whistling/clicking fingers to get attention
- 'healthiest option'
- happy meal toys (I can't help it if your kid eats so much maccas that he has all the toys! JEEZ!)

also:

REFUNDS.
Don't even BOTHER asking. Just tell me its shit and I'll get you a new one. I get in deep shit when someone demands a refund! :fish:

HSC
Not really sure if this should be a rule, but it was funny at the time:
Don't give your kids (aged probably six and four) a sex talk while lining up at the checkout.

sparkerasp

HSC
Does anyone know a nice way to get people to show you their bags at the checkout? Almost every time I've said it, they seem to kind of have a frustrated expression because they have to unzip their backpacks :(

Wheelbarrows

Banned
HSC
sparkerasp said:
Does anyone know a nice way to get people to show you their bags at the checkout? Almost every time I've said it, they seem to kind of have a frustrated expression because they have to unzip their backpacks :(
some things have to be done. deal with it bro.

HSC
sparkerasp said:
Maybe ask when you begin serving them, well after they've loaded everything onto the conveyor belt. That way it seems like you're not holding them up any.

HSC
Yeah just bullshit that your manager is nearby, and when they say where say ooo he flew away. I dunno. Just ask them, if they argue it say at the store entry theres sign saying its a condition of entry that bags are checked.

CieL

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
My favourite tactic is to play along with it and casually ask them what their favourite Pokemon is.
I would of said Charmander then sold you the smokes.

sparkasp said:
Where do you work?
I know that at Coles you are actually not required to check bags anymore. Not sure if it's just Coles or all supermarkets..
Which is why the "Conditions of Entry" sign at the door regarding bag checks have been removed.
Something to do with invasion of privacy.
However.. customers shouldn't know that.. so if they offer their bags to be checked, go ahead and look at it..

However, if your store does require you to do it, a simple.. "Excuse me, would I be able to check inside your bag please?" .. then a "Thankyou!" would do.

That's worked 99% of the time for me.. most people aren't fussy about it.. the ones that get angry/defensive about it are the ones you have to look out for, I mean, if you didnt steal, what's there to hide?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
babikakez said:
Not really sure if this should be a rule, but it was funny at the time:
Don't give your kids (aged probably six and four) a sex talk while lining up at the checkout.
lol i always offer, it takes like 2 second's and if they don't need to they just say no it is ok.

just say excuse me, may i please do a routine bag check, say it in a really laid back way, then say thankyou when you have

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
lol i always offer, it takes like 2 second's and if they don't need to they just say no it is ok.

just say excuse me, may i please do a routine bag check, say it in a really laid back way, then say thankyou when you have
you offer to give kids the sex talk? where do you work again?

edit: oh you quoted the wrong post lol

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
you offer to give kids the sex talk? where do you work again?

edit: oh you quoted the wrong post lol
lol. That's what i thought as well.

i was like "err... wtf"

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
shakky15 said:
- if something scans for $21.99 but its 'on special.. on a rack over there' for like $20.49, dont have a whinge when a staffmember has to go check for you. i cant just take your word for it (and you're usually wrong anyway). and then i dont understand why you dont want it anymore when i tell you its not on special. do you want the item or not?? so what if its an extra $2?? tightarse. i understand if its like $10 difference but honestly some people decide on a purchase because of less than $2..
+1. I work on registers, not in fucking ladieswear/toys/electrical etc. If I have to call someone FROM THAT DEPARTMENT to see if that offer is legitimate, be patient. If it's in a really obscure place then it may take a couple of minutes for the other employee to find the ticket/sign that specifies the offer.

Oh, and also, learn how to fucking read. If it's a special offer on Piping Hot, it's only on Piping Hot.

Fucking tards.

/rant

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else get pissed off when customers don't say "Thanks" or "Thank you" after you've served them?

I know I should get over it, but still...

shakky15

HSC
gcchick said:
+1. I work on registers, not in fucking ladieswear/toys/electrical etc. If I have to call someone FROM THAT DEPARTMENT to see if that offer is legitimate, be patient. If it's in a really obscure place then it may take a couple of minutes for the other employee to find the ticket/sign that specifies the offer.

Oh, and also, learn how to fucking read. If it's a special offer on Piping Hot, it's only on Piping Hot.

Fucking tards.

/rant
this happens almost every shift. a ticket on the bottom corner of the rack all of a sudden means everything on the fucking unit is reduced???? ffs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)