Rules for Customers (2 Viewers)

Treefeet

HSC
At woolies we call these people.. Stalkers :p

There is about 5 of us that have stalkers, i had a guy who was maybe 50+ ask me out... yuk. Then there is this other guy who is maybe 45ish.. who will only get served by certain people, and then look at their bottoms while they are getting smokes for them.

Some people are just a bit scared to say to the person " please dont call me that, or dont know how to end the convo quick enough with someone like that.

This is what woolies doesnt teach you in induction.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I've had three people come up to me asking whether I pick up a lot of girls at work. :mad1:

They've all been male as well. The next one I promise to start flirting with.
i know where i'm going for my bread next time i need it

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Good news story from Woolies stalkers.

My friend has this guy (roughly same age) always line up at her register a couple of times even though he had to wait for ages, and then once he was like "can I've twenty dollars extra cash...and your number?"...and lo and behold they've been going out ever since. He's turned her Christian and everything.

HSC
^ See thats sweet, at our store we get old sleezy guys -_-

also another rule for customers:

-If you are with your signifcant other, please don't be making out everywhere you go in the store nobody wants to see you making out, theres such thing called OVERLOAD PDA +_+

groovygirl

HSC
i got stalked by this customer who wrote down is webcam id and gave it to me. but after he left i tore it into pieces and i didnt tell anyone or anybody what happened. im scared he may come to my register again. he wasnt a young guy. he was a 40-year-old married man. like wtf

he asked me if i have a computer, i said no i dont have a computer. then he kept asking me similar questions and i kept saying the same thing over again.

ill change stores or quit if this happens again

sunnaye

HSC
omg.
Supermarket:
DONT SAY "HUH"when i tell you the price. It's displayed right there if front of your eyes. I know how to count. =='

If you're buying something, make sure you want to buy it. Dont stand there for 5 minutes deciding if it looks good with your mantlepiece...

Omg and
When I'm saying thank you, have courtesy to smile back so i know i did a good job.

HSC
Yes, this one. I hate it when people say 'oh no that's not mine' and act as if I'm supposed to see the magic invisible line between their and other person's items. we can't always keep track, so put a bloody separator idiots
OMG yes!
Once I accidently put something that wasn't a customer's item and then they were like 'That's not mine!'. Then about a minute later I realized I hadn't voided it, and then when I picked it up again they were like "We told you that wasn't ours!".
I HAVE TO GET RID OF IT, ffs.

HSC
^ I Hate that!

Or they do every $30 stop so i can get a petrol docket, It really irritates me! I had a customer do it with a transaction that would have added up to about $500

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
^ I Hate that!

Or they do every $30 stop so i can get a petrol docket, It really irritates me! I had a customer do it with a transaction that would have added up to about $500
Yep, I had this cow who stopped me every $30 on the DOT to get fuel vouchers on her everyday rewards card. Oh, it doesn't stop there... She was paying with credit (signature), which added another 10 seconds on to each transaction.

Dumb *****

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
you know woolworths policy is not to allow transaction splitting, it is also against the Terms and Conditions of the fuel docket to allow transaction splitting

Bushra1209

HSC
N/A
What's up with people asking "how much was that?" when it's clearly displayed on the screen?

Some layby BigW rules:

Don't press the bell unless you are ready to make payments and have your receipt or card ready. So many times, I come out and the customer is like "oh just a minute, hold on, yep let me find it".. Christ.. Why ring the bell so early for?

Wish cards. Don't use them. Like one or two is fine, but what the fuck is up with using 20 cards with like $5 on each of them? SPREAD THE CARDS OUT mofo.

It would help if you knew what is your layby when taking it out? How can you not know what you put on? I ask because it's easier to find this way. I'm not being intrusive. I don't give a fuck if you have 40 Elmo toys that you secretly masturbate with.

Don't make laybys or take out laybys in the last 5 minutes. I'm cashing my draw up you fool.

When I'm trying to hand you a heaps heavy item, a little help would be appreciated you dumb fuck. Why are you standing there and staring at me, struggling to hand YOUR dumb item to you? This really shits me.

I also hate people who layby like $800 worth of shit that I KNOW they will cancel. It's on special so "in case" they grab everything like the greedy bitches they are. Jesus!

:( bad shift tonight. It was only for 5 hours!

Last edited:

Bushra1209

HSC
N/A
Yep, I had this cow who stopped me every $30 on the DOT to get fuel vouchers on her everyday rewards card. Oh, it doesn't stop there... She was paying with credit (signature), which added another 10 seconds on to each transaction.

Dumb *****
I think if you scan an Everyday Rewards card, the petrol vouchers don't come out right?

These new Everyday Reward cards shit me to death as well. The new registers at Bigw are bullshit IMHO. It takes so long to get through any sale, cept for cash sales. The receipt takes a full 20/30secs to print, after the sale is complete! And asking every damn customer for that bullshit card takes so much time. SO I don't even ask. But after the transaction when they pull it out, they get so pissed off. One lady was screaming at me cus I was like "Sorry you need to refund and buy it again". And some people would actually do that!

Wish cards, Everyday Rewards, cheques, this new chip/credit thing, even normal credit TAKE SO FREAKIN' LONG

Maybe just my bigw has slow systems?

Last edited:

Bushra1209

HSC
N/A
I've been reading through some pages and I only do fitting rooms, cosmetics and layby now. I spent a few years on checkouts and I died. It's so hard. I know some people are like "Don't take it personally" but I get so annoyed, it wrecks my entire day, even outside work when I've had a crazy bitchy customer :( But not only that, we never had enough bags so customers complained (we used the garbage bags from layby instead-no handles), BigW got rid of the quantity button so we need to scan EVERYTHING individually, there is huge hassles with getting change (some supervisors are cool, some say you need to do it by the book which takes awhile esp when its rush time), the heavy shit that wouldn't be put into the system, cheques (Godammn!) etc etc. So a myriad of different issues over 3 years mean i avoid taking any checkout shifts.. The managers get very annoyed at me cancelling all the time though..

Kudos to the peeps who can stick with 10hour reg shifts. I just don't have the energy.

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
you know woolworths policy is not to allow transaction splitting, it is also against the Terms and Conditions of the fuel docket to allow transaction splitting
You mean transaction splitting for the purpose of getting fuel vouchers? There's nothing wrong with splitting a transaction for a legit reason?

So the next time I suspect a customer is doing it for fuel vouchers, I will not allow it. I was told that "we had to do it if the customer wanted it"..

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, for fuel vouchers, you shouln't be allowing it, i havent heard otherwise.

Otacon2009

HSC
Isn't fuel voucher splittling a little counterproductive? Becuase the dockets still expire on the same day.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I also hate people who layby like $800 worth of shit that I KNOW they will cancel. It's on special so "in case" they grab everything like the greedy bitches they are. Jesus!
That sucks! Greedy bastards. I'm lucky, if people want to cancel layby's at my work, they forfeit their deposit, so no one ever cancels :)

Bushra1209

HSC
N/A
That sucks! Greedy bastards. I'm lucky, if people want to cancel layby's at my work, they forfeit their deposit, so no one ever cancels :)
BigW has this ridiculous policy that you only lose the $2 layby fee. Which means that if a customer cancels their layby 3 months later, they lose only $2 and we have all these items that havent been sold, that need to be returned to the floor (which have all been prob sold anyway)

Ridiculous!

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Yeah, it sucks because the stock could have sold in the meantime. 3 months is a long time too, do many people forget their layby's and can you cancel them if they do?

HSC
Don't make laybys or take out laybys in the last 5 minutes. I'm cashing my draw up you fool.
this reminds me of another thing:

i hate people that come into the store in the last five minutes who just want to 'browse' the shelves. scum of the earth, seriously, we've been open since 8.30 ffs you've had all day to come in here and look, if you see me dragging signage inside and it's 5.30 it's obvious we're closing. a couple of minutes isn't long enough to decide on a book so give up and come back another day, kthxbye.

laybys are the suckiest thing ever, so happy we phased them out. at my work, we can return stuff to the publishers within three months of the date it was received. so we'd get stuff that couldn't be returned. one manager tried to bring them back in, but the other manager refused to allow it. and a couple of weeks later the first manager was like, "a lady just came in and cancelled the only layby we had left :(" and my other manager gloated because it proved exactly what he said lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)