Save sex? (1 Viewer)

waterphaerie

HSC
Tulipa said:
Prove it's correct.

People have been trying to do that for 2000 years and they're still relying on a little bit of blind faith too.
But surely with all your extension history knowledge you should be able to prove it incorrect? Surely you must be able to find SOMETHING that is solid concrete that no Christian or Minister or person can answer, something concrete that will prove us wrong, that will unveil the greatest lie in history?

Go on, try.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
waterphaerie said:
But surely with all your extension history knowledge you should be able to prove it incorrect? Surely you must be able to find SOMETHING that is solid concrete that no Christian or Minister or person can answer, something concrete that will prove us wrong, that will unveil the greatest lie in history?

Go on, try.
1. I was the Extension History kiddie.
2. You prove that God exists first.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Um. What is the original manuscript? You still have the paper it was written on two thousand years ago to translate it from. Also the dialects of Hebrew have changed greatly, to the extent that I don't think you can directly translate from the original dialect.

Okay, the Dead Sea Scrolls are your one example. Oh yay, there are a collection of stories that correlate. So? What does that prove other than that it was a popular story back then?

By the way, do you believe in Ra and the Egyptian Gods? Why not? Cause they sure had a lot written about them.

waterphaerie

HSC
Tulipa said:
Um yeah I don't believe in God.

At all. There is nothing you can say that will convince me otherwise.

However, I will stand by my argument that the Bible has been mistranslated and translated too many times to be valid as God's word. And not only that but it's not first hand at all.

So yeah. Don't understand why people take cues from it.
What makes you think it's been so grossly mistranslated? can you give evidence and good examples?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
Look I'm going to say one thing: You cannot prove that the Bible is completely correct and God's word, neither can you prove that God exists.

I cannot prove he doesn't exist because unfortunately it was too damn long ago to really guage the correct story.

It's all on blind faith, on your part.

waterphaerie

HSC
mr_brightside said:
1. I was the Extension History kiddie.
2. You prove that God exists first.
My bad, sorry.

i reckon there's a pretty good lot of evidence for christianity. if you're interested, read "the case for christ"- it's written by lee strobel, a bloke who set out to disprove christianity. If you're actually genuinely interested, read it and let me know what you think.

If i had 50 billion hours of spare time, and if it wasnt breaching copyright laws, i'd type it all up here. But no, i can't do that, cos i'm tired. but yeah. I challenge you to take it upon yourself to discover whether or not Christianity is a well preserved lie, or whether there is actually something captivating in it which causes 3000 people every day in China alone to convert to it, despite the shocking and devastating persecution the Chinese church has to cop.

waterphaerie

HSC
Tulipa said:
Look I'm going to say one thing: You cannot prove that the Bible is completely correct and God's word, neither can you prove that God exists.

I cannot prove he doesn't exist because unfortunately it was too damn long ago to really guage the correct story.

It's all on blind faith, on your part.
And it's not blind faith on your part that he doesnt exist?

Maybe if you approached christians and actually asked for the evidence, we could give you stacks more than you could even imagine existed.

mr_brightside

HSC
waterphaerie said:
My bad, sorry.

i reckon there's a pretty good lot of evidence for christianity. if you're interested, read "the case for christ"- it's written by lee strobel, a bloke who set out to disprove christianity. If you're actually genuinely interested, read it and let me know what you think.

If i had 50 billion hours of spare time, and if it wasnt breaching copyright laws, i'd type it all up here. But no, i can't do that, cos i'm tired. but yeah. I challenge you to take it upon yourself to discover whether or not Christianity is a well preserved lie, or whether there is actually something captivating in it which causes 3000 people every day in China alone to convert to it, despite the shocking and devastating persecution the Chinese church has to cop.
When God jumps down of his fucking stool and introduces himself, I'll believe in him.

You have fun with your faith, Claire...

waterphaerie

HSC
mr_brightside said:
FFS keep up. quote RECENT posts.
fucking n00bs
Lol, well sorry...Maybe i also do other stuff with my time than hang around on forums to get that much practice...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
People don't rely on the scripture to form their religious beliefs at all anyway, there's a filter of picking and choosing which is really just based off what they like.

(1) The possibility that Santa Claus exists is equal with the possibility that your God exists - That's concrete enough for me.

(2) It's not the 'greatest lie in history', you can be mistaken.

Btw waterphaerie, could you please respond to this? If you were to find out a friend was going to die and she would recieve pain killers that would eliminate any pain death could bring her, would you feel the same as if she was telling you she was going away for a trip to the behamas and will never come back? I somehow imagine you'd be rather more upset than that.

I'd argue that's because you don't believe in the afterlife anymore than I do, you just hope it's true.

As much as this interests me personally and does somewhat relate to the topic at hand, I think if we stick to 'Gods existance' for too much longer (not necessarily scriptural accuracy though) we should move the conversation to http://community.boredofstudies.org/214/news-current-affairs-politics/106355/does-god-exist/ :)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
I can't be bothered.

It's all a bunch of crap anyways. I've had enough of the Church brainwashing me.

EDIT: Yes I was force fed all this crap for the first sixteen years of my life. My entire family is Christian and I'm not. I've made a concious decision not to be.

It's not blind faith, it's logic.

waterphaerie

HSC
mr_brightside said:
When God jumps down of his fucking stool and introduces himself, I'll believe in him.

You have fun with your faith, Claire...
I'd laugh, but one day "every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that jesus christ is lord". So no, i can't laugh. I feel very sorry for you.

Either we can fall on our face now, asking God for forgiveness, or fall on our face wishing that wed taken option A.

It's the most important decision you'll make in your life, i advise you look into it seriously.

mr_brightside

HSC
waterphaerie said:
I'd laugh, but one day "every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that jesus christ is lord". So no, i can't laugh. I feel very sorry for you.

Either we can fall on our face now, asking God for forgiveness, or fall on our face wishing that wed taken option A.

It's the most important decision you'll make in your life, i advise you look into it seriously.
Cool. I'm good with the face thing.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
waterphaerie said:

OH MY GOD YOU PITY US.

Get off your pedestal. Seriously.

We don't believe, you can't make us believe and please stop trying. We're trying to point out one side, so are you but are we TELLING you to become an atheist? No.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
There are billions of muslims, hindu's etc feeling sorry for you while seemingly having a snide little laugh at the thought of your corrupt soul in hell. Personally I'm quite proud to not be one of the people feeling 'sorry' for others in such a way.
--------------

Sorry to repeat but to people so seemingly confident in their belief as you I love to get answers to this proposition.

Btw waterphaerie, could you please respond to this? If you were to find out a friend was going to die and she would recieve pain killers that would eliminate any pain death could bring her, would you feel the same as if she was telling you she was going away for a trip to the behamas and will never come back? I somehow imagine you'd be rather more upset than that.

I'd argue that's because you don't believe in the afterlife anymore than I do, you just hope it's true.

waterphaerie

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
People don't rely on the scripture to form their religious beliefs at all anyway, there's a filter of picking and choosing which is really just based off what they like.

(1) The possibility that Santa Claus exists is equal with the possibility that your God exists - That's concrete enough for me.

(2) It's not the 'greatest lie in history', you can be mistaken.

As much as this interests me personally and does somewhat relate to the topic at hand, I think if we stick to 'Gods existance' for too much longer (not necessarily scriptural accuracy though) we should move the conversation to http://community.boredofstudies.org/214/news-current-affairs-politics/106355/does-god-exist/ :)
We know santa doesnt exist cos our parents know he doesnt, cos it's them. As much as some people deny God's existance, they can't be sure, cos they're not the ones "being" God.

With all due respect, I do believe in heaven- and if you admit that you dont, then yes, i do believe in it more than you do. I'd be upset if a non-christian friend died, cos id know they wouldnt be with God. If it were a christian friend i'd still be upset cos i wouldnt see them til i got to heaven. If they'd moved and were never coming back...i dunno. I guess i'd know they were alive etc, so it would be ok. I dunno, strange question. But, i do believe in heaven- and i dont think it's anyone's place to doubt another's belief.

i agree though, i'm kinda tired about arguing about this, at least here. I'm going to bed soon anyway (No people, i'm not trying to get out of discussion. Maybe another time, or add me on msn etc etc). I need to be up at such a ridiculous hour of the morning tomorrow that i'm convinced that it doesnt exist.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
We know santa doesnt exist cos our parents know he doesnt, cos it's them. As much as some people deny God's existance, they can't be sure, cos they're not the ones "being" God.
We don't know that santa hasn't magically tricked us all into thinking it's them when really it's him. Sorry but it's really not that simple to dismiss. For another example where your problem doesn't arise:

The possibility that a magical leprechaun lives in my underpants drawer is equal with the possibility that your God exists - That's concrete enough for me.

With all due respect, I do believe in heaven- and if you admit that you dont, then yes, i do believe in it more than you do.
I'm sorry but the purpose of the question, which you've yet to really answer, I think will be to show whether or not you really do believe. Personally I have a sneaking suspicion, since you're a reasonable person, that you don't REALLY believe, you merely hope dearly that there is one.

I'd be upset if a non-christian friend died, cos id know they wouldnt be with God.
Yes ok, that's an obvious answer, I'll add to it that they're christian...

If it were a christian friend i'd still be upset cos i wouldnt see them til i got to heaven.
Would you be MORE upset than if they moved to the behamas though? Would you ask them cheerfully to pass on messages to 'cousin jerry' ? If not, I think it follows that you don't really believe in heaven, since surely you should actually be happier for them than a friend that's moving to the behamas (given how much greater heaven is).

If they'd moved and were never coming back...i dunno. I guess i'd know they were alive etc, so it would be ok. I dunno, strange question.
It's a rather effective question once you properly think about it. I'm sure you feel very different when you hear someone close to you has died, even a painless death, compared with hearing that they've moved to the behamas forever. If you don't, then you're probably a fringe fanatic.

But, i do believe in heaven- and i dont think it's anyone's place to doubt another's belief.
lol why not? Because you say so?

Last edited:

waterphaerie

HSC
Tulipa said:
So don't doubt my belief that God doesn't exist.

And stop preaching.
lol, i'm the one who's being attacked by everyone else, just to point that out...

Anyway. I'm going to bed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)