SC Results Thread (1 Viewer)

dp624

HSC
omniscience said:
rly? i did this exam when i was yr 7.
oh that's ok then. but if i had gotten this in yr10 i woulda suicided. good thing htey're from yr7

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Re: 2008SC SC Results ~

the School Certificate means nothing.

speedofsound

HSC
omniscience said:
I got:

Maths = 100 ah, i am dissapointed. why can't i get 110 at least?
English = 100 wtf, this is so low compared to my standards. i wanted boris' 9000
History = 100 this is just pathetic
Geography = 100 i am glad that i am not doing geography next year
Computing = 100 Highly Competent i need to come to bos more to practise computing
Science = 100 this is absolutely crap. i am doomed now.

Did I do okay? You guys are so smart. You make me look so dumb.
i see what you did there.

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A

ugh.... I can't believe theres ppl here who got higher 90s and b6s and are still complaining because they missed out on something by "1 mark" or... "they're pissed off at themselves"....

Some of us arent even going to get it in the 90s.. so please stop being inconsiderate and appreciate that you got a good mark.

TBK11

HSC

Isho said:
ugh.... I can't believe theres ppl here who got higher 90s and b6s and are still complaining because they missed out on something by "1 mark" or... "they're pissed off at themselves"....

Some of us arent even going to get it in the 90s.. so please stop being inconsiderate and appreciate that you got a good mark.

well said :)

TBK11

HSC

superelizabeth said:
lol although my course only requires 99.95, i'm aiming for 100. and i didn't score a 99 in computers, i scored 98!!!!!!!which explains why i have no reason to procrastinate this holiday. =/
Aiming for 100 thats a big ask but very achievable but may i ask lol none of my business but why the Triple Science Degree at Usyd why not MBBS at UNSW where the minimum uai is 95 to be considered or @ UNCLE where the UAI needed for MBBS is 92 and is only a 5yr degree where USYD its 7 -_-

parents pushing u for a 100?

HSC

Hagaren said:
the School Certificate means nothing.
i always think that people have forgotten the purpose to study. i mean whats the point of studying if all u want to see is a number on a piece of paper? studying is not about seeing a high number on a piece of paper. its about increasing ur knowledge n comprehension of life. i know a dumb person who cheated in my school during the half-yearly. she ended up passing a math test which most of the other class failed in. but i knew her real comprehension of maths( believe it or not she never passed a single math test when she was in primary school). does that mean shes smart? no it doesn't. incidents like these go to show u that a fancy number o na piece of paper can not really indicate ur intelligence. only u urself can indicate ur own personal intelligence. i think thats why people study n r concerned bout their results for the SC. some people just study cause their parents force them to but others study for their own benefit, for their own knowledge. the SC may not serve the purpose of simply being a number on a paper but studying for it does have a purpose. it makes u smarter. when u get a job it doesnt matter how high ur marks were, if u dont know how to do ur job ur stuffed.

TBK11

HSC

digimonstudent said:
i always think that people have forgotten the purpose to study. i mean whats the point of studying if all u want to see is a number on a piece of paper? studying is not about seeing a high number on a piece of paper. its about increasing ur knowledge n comprehension of life. i know a dumb person who cheated in my school during the half-yearly. she ended up passing a math test which most of the other class failed in. but i knew her real comprehension of maths( believe it or not she never passed a single math test when she was in primary school). does that mean shes smart? no it doesn't. incidents like these go to show u that a fancy number o na piece of paper can not really indicate ur intelligence. only u urself can indicate ur own personal intelligence. i think thats why people study n r concerned bout their results for the SC. some people just study cause their parents force them to but others study for their own benefit, for their own knowledge. the SC may not serve the purpose of simply being a number on a paper but studying for it does have a purpose. it makes u smarter. when u get a job it doesnt matter how high ur marks were, if u dont know how to do ur job ur stuffed.
Thats not how some people think about it, it is meaningless but some people prefer to see a 90 on there then a 50 XD

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

Isho said:

how about you stop being inconsiderate and realise they have their own high expectations rather than having low expectations like you?

god i hate you fuckwits that are like 'OH WE DIDN'T GET THAT HIGH CAUSE WE'RE DUMBSHITS STOP RUBBING IT IN'.

well guess what, people with 72's that get in their 70 course would be 100x happier than a person who got 98.xx but didn't get into their 99.xx course

are you going to tell them to stop whinging over their 98.xx ?

Last edited:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad

Isho said:

you'd be pissed too if you missed out on getting Band 6 by 1 mark (i havent got my marks yet.. so yer..)

m.jakaran

HSC

For your performance compared to the state you can look at the previous percentiles needed to get into particular bands at the Board of Studies. these are my marks
Maths 98
English 91
Geography 89 -(one off!!!)
History 94
Science 98
Computing 97

Last edited:

fly-away

HSC
N/A

Wow everyone did very well!
and wow 100uai superelizabeth? You'll definitely be able to get it, especially seeing you did super good for you SC :D

Congrats to everyone :)

TBK11

HSC

superelizabeth said:
what makes you think my parents are pushing me for 100? ahah its actually nothing to do with my parents.
ahh just the fact that you said "If my parents sees the computing skills test paper, they are going to CHOP ME INTO PIECES, and then fry me alive since i didn't get full marks. =/"

LOL thats one indication, second would be well ermmm a few azns that i know are gettin pushed by their parents do the same course as u B.MedSci/MBBS@ USYD
is that a coincidence must be lol

TBK11

HSC

superelizabeth said:
haha because full marks for the computing test should have been easily attainable...for some people anyway XD. But my parents just expect me to get into the course i want to get into, hhaha therefore i'm pretty lucky to have such reasonable parents. ^^
its hard gettin 100 on multiple choice cause sometimes u circle the wrong thing :( like me we had a computers trials test it was out of 100 and i skipped Q1 and started from Q2 cause i didnt see Q1 -.- so i got 99 wrong and 1 unanswered question -.- came last in the yr But lucky it wasn't worth anything lol again im goin off topic, but ya has any1 hear gotten 100 for computer skillz test?

Last edited:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad

TBK11 said:
its hard gettin 100 on multiple choice cause sometimes u circle the wrong thing :( like me we had a computers trials test it was out of 100 and i skipped Q1 and started from Q2 so i got 99 wrong and 1 unanswered question -.- came last in the yr But lucky it wasn't worth anything lol again im goin off topic, but ya has any1 hear gotten 100 for computer skillz test?
wow! :fish:

but couldn't you complain to the teacher? and with my pc test(trial and the actualy) i had like over 30 minutes remaining, so couldn't you rub everything out and fill them in again anyway

and wait.. are you sure you'd get 99 wrong? coz there would be like 2 B's(or C's etc.) in a row meaning that you'd get have to get a few right

Last edited:

Naminé

HSC

English - 95
Maths - 79 (one mark off a band five ;-;]
Science - 89
History/Geo - 97/92
Computing - 98

I'm pretty pleased with my results, but I'd've liked to hit 90 in Science and 80 in Math. I was also expecting to have my highest mark in English (after Computing, the joke test lol), but it's ok ^_^ I'm satisfied, considering I've had a lot to deal with this year in terms of sickness and depression.

TBK11

HSC

b00m said:
wow! :fish:

but couldn't you complain to the teacher? and with my pc test(trial and the actualy) i had like over 30 minutes remaining, so couldn't you rub everything out and fill them in again anyway

and wait.. are you sure you'd get 99 wrong? coz there would be like 2 B's(or C's etc.) in a row meaning that you'd get have to get a few right
nup LOL it was out of 100 and these were all Multi choice Q's) the reason why i didnt check my answers was i was up for 31hrs studying for my trials XD LOL that makes me laugh so much and on that day we had computers last pretty weird English Science Computers in one day anyway
when ur up that long ur brain cant handle anything like i knew the questions its just that i skipped q1 by accident,

lol meh what can u do it wasn't worth anythin so yeh and once i checked bak at my answers if i started from Q1 i would have gotten 100 LOL cause all my answers were correct haha ah well thats Life

[=

fly-away

HSC
N/A

superelizabeth said:
lol no. SC doesn't indicate how well you are going to do in your HSC. But i'm sure i'll get it in my own way MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

LOL i guess thats true x) How long did you study for the SC? And i'm glad you're confident in achieving your goal! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)