"Scammer" among us (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

themanman

HSC
N/A
I think in general this should be a reminder to always be careful with what you send to people you don't know, especially if they haven't established a reputation here. If you want to play it safe, don't offer to trade anything you wouldn't be willing to give away.
This board has

ABSOLUTELY ZERO tolerance of such issues.

/thread. game over.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Attention;

I sent her a few things and i did get a few things back, not sure what is wrong.

HSC
For sure, hence paragraph 2. But still, I find it very suspicious to be talking to me constantly, then as soon as the notes go through, doesn't reply to my emails nor PM's and has logged on post the messages and hasn't bothered to even reply...
omg thank you so much for letting us know
this is sickening
i would call the police, this is a serious issue that needs to be dealt with properly

kfnmpah

HSC
i would also recommend getting some legal advice etc if only to protect yourself
Yeah, there's probably something the BOS can do in regards to your final HSC marks if she happens to out perform you. I think that you have to prove that it was because of the notes she stole off you, though.

Defs listen to omie if she doesn't send you anything. Lawyer up, yo.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC

Nah jks. Dw i'm sure it was all just a misunderstanding :)

Try not to focus too much attention on this and just keep studying for your HSC. Remember your goals.

qawe

HSC
N/A
"Scammer" among us #2

"Hello all,
just want to give everybody a friendly heads up to watch out for the member the goes by the name "Mandy", username MadGold777. Please do not exchange any of your notes with her/him. I fell into this trap, where she/he asked to exchange notes, sent all my stuff through, and never heard from him/her again. Very disappointing to have this sort of deception in a community such as this.

Sorry in advance Mandy if you simply made a mistake, but I made attempts to find out what was going on, and over 12 hours later received nothing. Hit me up with an email if this was all a misunderstanding.

Please nobody send anything to her/him till you have received her/his stuff first.
Some people are a little over competitive!" -frasern2011 said this

The same goes for zxreth who PM'd me, offering me the Ruse 2U/3U 2011 Maths Trials. After making a deal with me, and after always replying to my messages promptly, he never replied to me again once I had sent him what we had agreed on. This happened a while ago, and even some mods agreed with me on this matter, though it cannot be enforced. So be wary in dealings with him, I suspect he never had the Ruse Trials in the 1st place. Note: this occurred ~1 month ago.

artosis

HSC
Re: "Scammer" among us #2

the Ruse 2u and 3u have been posted in the 2011 trial uploads thread awhile ago
just look through it and ull find it

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

The same goes for zxreth who PM'd me, offering me the Ruse 2U/3U 2011 Maths Trials. After making a deal with me, and after always replying to my messages promptly, he never replied to me again once I had sent him what we had agreed on. This happened a while ago, and even some mods agreed with me on this matter, though it cannot be enforced. So be wary in dealings with him, I suspect he never had the Ruse Trials in the 1st place. Note: this occurred ~1 month ago.
Just to clarify, the mod who replied to your post did not 'agree' with you, in any way, shape or form. We did not say that zxreth was 'wrong' - we haven't even heard his/her side of the story.

We just said that such deals made between users are made at users' risks. Bored of Studies does not have any mechanisms to deal with this - and as such, we will not enforce such deals. The take-home message from this is caveat emptor/venditor - let the buyer/seller beware. You make such deals at your own risk.

Last edited:

yulec

ilovehim
HSC

"Hey
Hey noticed you do senior science,
Wondering if you have any recent past papers from 2011-2010 and if you'd be interested in sharing you notes?
I'm made up some good like flash cards things that are pretty useful that cover the syllabus of 3 core topics that I could send you?
But yeah let me know :p
Mandy xx"

Thats what Mandy had pm'd me, when i didnt reply for a day (as i was busy) she decided to give me a negative rep -_-

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

Sent her some Senior Science Stuff.

All wrong though.

engie_benji

HSC

"Hey
Hey noticed you do senior science,
Wondering if you have any recent past papers from 2011-2010 and if you'd be interested in sharing you notes?
I'm made up some good like flash cards things that are pretty useful that cover the syllabus of 3 core topics that I could send you?
But yeah let me know :p
Mandy xx"

Thats what Mandy had pm'd me, when i didnt reply for a day (as i was busy) she decided to give me a negative rep -_-
I got the exact same message, just read it then. thank god i didnt give it to her.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

Neg her into oblivion (red), will do nothing to your precious reps.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

Neg her into oblivion (red), will do nothing to your precious reps.
Was going to suggest this.
Someone put up a link to one of her posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)