• Its a bad idea

Votes: 54 62.8%
  • Its a good idea

Votes: 32 37.2%

• Total voters

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
human history is replete with examples to prove that whenever religion becomes too important to people violence is right around the corner. The only countries that prosper and live in peace are those that learn to keep religion to its limits. If our education system is not broken in the religious sense, what is there to fix? we will simply be going backwards.

goliwog

HSC
if religion starts creeping into the public education domain, sooner or later these so called religious characters will start preaching their own agendas, which in turn make this country no difference from middle eastern countries where religion has a strong hold in the education curriculum. most of these countries are graduating graduating as close minded bigots like we have in goliwog.
well I dont believe in religion as religion as i see religion as a set oif rules and rituals which without understanding has no meaning. For me being a christian is about showing love for others and having a heart of servanthood , it is not about preaching standards

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Don't try to pretend your approach to education is humanist or reconstructionist, goliwog, because neither of those has anything to do with teaching religious values. You're incorrectly assuming 'religious values' prepare people for society, when in fact morals and ethics exist indepenently of religion.

goliwog

HSC
human history is replete with examples to prove that whenever religion becomes too important to people violence is right around the corner. The only countries that prosper and live in peace are those that learn to keep religion to its limits. If our education system is not broken in the religious sense, what is there to fix? we will simply be going backwards.
I disagree ... look at the french revolution for example all that wonderful philosophical and diest thought turned transcending into mobs ! I think peace (as in no physical conflict) is to do with a combination of economic political and social problems. And inner peace is a completly different walk again if that is want you meant by peace.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
goliwog said:
There are 5 generic worldviews of education yours appears to be classical (teach students the academic subjects and achieve excelence) mine is more a mix of reconstructionist and humanist (humanist= letting students choose learning and reconstructionist is preparing people for society). Actually the current education system is a mix between humanism and classical education
:confused:

what Schroedinger said implies nothing about his views on education

he just correctly stated that no religion should have the right to state funding in a secular society :confused: :confused: :confused:

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
this thread is pointless. Schroedinger, Slidey etc etc are saying the same shit over and over again. goliwog just doesn't understand "secular".

goliwog

HSC
No, it isn't. It's faux spiritualist drivel in an attempt to foist christianity upon the citizenry.

You've already got tax exempt status for churches, chaplains are not needed. The government does not exist to provide a 'spiritual' fix for its citizens.

Stop dressing this up for what it is, we have created secular government out of the failed remnants of government/church interrelations which lead to bigotry and corruption beyond imagination.

I'm sorry but that era is in the past.
You do have a negative perspective of the church in general, and there have been bigots, but the real church is about love , and real christians are always looking for ways to show love to one another. And when you show love and compassion there is a special joy that you feel. That joy deserves to be offered to anyone

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
goliwog said:
You do have a negative perspective of the church in general, and there have been bigots, but the real church is about love , and real christians are always looking for ways to show love to one another. And when you show love and compassion there is a special joy that you feel. That joy deserves to be offered to anyone
ok great, just do it in your own time with your own money thanks

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
goliwog said:
OMFG. are you kidding me!!!!! is this your fucking reason as to why the fuck we should fork out money for a church in public schools?!

is this the best shit you can come up with?!! ROFLMAO! your a classic!

Last edited:

lokilokii

HSC
goliwog said:
the real church is about love , and real christians are always looking for ways to show love to one another. And when you show love and compassion there is a special joy that you feel. That joy deserves to be offered to anyone
And this is what gets people molested.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
goliwog said:
and soon, you will be screaming like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXZbIGJrDkg

goliwog

HSC
well I have done the whole volunteer thing , i work with wesly mission ... but hey you have to eat

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
you gotta give 2 thumbs to goliwog for one thing....he hasn't gone wacko/psychotic, like my fellow Muslim brothers do on here after a heated debate.

lol.

but still, religion should be separated from schools.....stating that it will make a person better, jesus loves you etc etc blah blah is not a good reason.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
im still shocked 15 retards voted yes. who are these fuck heads?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)