• Its a bad idea

Votes: 54 62.8%
  • Its a good idea

Votes: 32 37.2%

• Total voters

lokilokii

HSC
Schroedinger said:
You can barely keep it at an intellectually juvenile level.

"Hey guys I'm intellectually open to intellectual freedom"

"Also the bible"

Dude, fuck off. You've proven that you have no respect for secular society in your inane drivel about intellectual freedom and Jesus' love. Just fuck off. Your opinion and viewpoint is antiquated and has been thoroughly pwned by anyone with more than two synapses to rub together.

Go post on www.muslimvillage.org or somewhere else where the bountiful love of christ will be accepted.
Did i ever mention your my hero?

goliwog

HSC
Also, in regards to your sig, clearly you haven't fucked any hectic sluts. Them bitches are looser and deeper than the bowels of hell itself.
lol , I must say I havent but faith in God hasnt failed me yet so i have no complaints

you gotta give 2 thumbs to goliwog for one thing....he hasn't gone wacko/psychotic, like my fellow Muslim brothers do on here after a heated debate.
cheers , some people get heated up and really emotional over threads ... really all i wanted to do is see what people outside my box think ... and im glad i have its been very informative.

before making this topic i was talking to quite a few teachers who were saying what a blessing chaplains have been and how much help they have been to the schools ... and I thought surely not everyone believes that ...

as for the 15 who voted yes ... it is probably 15 ppl who have had a good experience with a chaplain ...

goliwog

HSC
Whooo I wish my taxpayers money went all on bibles and everything else so people could find the truth of Jesus because some guy who we postulate existed thousands of years ago was apparently the son of god even though we've seen no substantial proof of god at all and most of the fucking theories are absolute bullshit.

Woo

woooo wooooo yeah lets fucking just dump a cuntload of money into this fucker because chaplains make people feel good because they rape people
Lol if i censored that you could be a decent politician

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
lokilokii said:
People seem to keep bringing up these "needs", what could possibly be needed during the school day that a normal school counselor or teacher could not provide?

You come to school too learn, seeking "spiritual help" is your own business and should be done in your own time, it is a waste of school resources the public school system is tight for cash as it is.

If your special christian needs are so important they cant wait 6 hours, join a christian school, its that simple.
I mean people christians at public schools who may need a christian to talk to at school, or some support, it can be tough when everyone is against your beliefs and lets you know it, it can be very very discouraging. And there is some things in which christians need to speak to other christians about there is stuff I would not talk to my non-christian friends about due to the fact they would not understand.

Also, what if someone who is NOT a christian wants a christian to talk to about questions or issues that are going on.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
You put Christian chaplains in a secular public school, you ignore the other diverse religions in public schools. Next they'll be calling for Islamic leaders in public schools to cater for the muslim kids, coz the muslim kids don't want to go and see a chaplain. Etcetera.

Bad idea. If kids need spiritual guidance they can find it in their own time, not during school time at the expense of tax payers.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I mean people christians at public schools who may need a christian to talk to at school, or some support, it can be tough when everyone is against your beliefs and lets you know it, it can be very very discouraging. And there is some things in which christians need to speak to other christians about there is stuff I would not talk to my non-christian friends about due to the fact they would not understand.

Also, what if someone who is NOT a christian wants a christian to talk to about questions or issues that are going on.
Yeah cool, so you support getting in a religious figure to cater for all religions in Australia, not just Christians? Can we throw in an evolutionary biologist or two for the atheists.

'Oh I'm so stressed, my life is so hard, school is so hard... hay I might relieve some stress by nutting out the holes in the evolutionary scale of the horse!'

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
We start off with Scripture in Public schools, which in itself is bad enough, and now we want Chaplains!

Go fuck yourselves.

I agree with Schroedinger, I don't want my tax dollars being spent on a religious building.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
I wonder actually , if Christians in public schools would even utilise the service of th Chaplain? Might be...embarrassing.
I like the idea of a Christian having support....but then again , scripture teachers can be that?
Im not so sure anymore...I wonder how many parents want chaplains in schools?
I disliked my religous teacher. She couldnt stand my asking questions....a nice scripture teacher would be better.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
Why do you need a Christian to talk to, about school etc? And lets diverge for a second, and just play with the fact that Christianity is still the dominant religion in Australia, which means that it is more than likely that the counselor, or teacher, you are going to be talking to will be Christian anyway. Furthermore, you want to argue that everyone is against your beliefs, when again,
Christianity still dominates in the religion stakes (example. 2001 Census data for North Sydney. 32,383 out of 54,970 individuals identified themselves as CHRISTIAN (any one of the many denominations), while 11,243 responded with no religion. Christianity dominated "No Religion" by nearly 3:1). But yes, everyone is against you!

I guess teachers or counselors who are Christian don't count, because they aren't *ordeigned ministers though.
*is spelt ordained, not 'ordeigned' ;)
Also *principal.
I see your point.

Last edited:

AppleNader

HSC
Exphate said:
Oh deary me. I spelled a word wrong. Way to miss the point.

I see your point and I have come to the conclusion that you're a self -righteous moron.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Hello, answer my question please.

If we're going to have a religious figure in secular public schools, are we all in support of having a religious figure from every religion to cater for all students?

AppleNader

HSC
katie tully said:

If we're going to have a religious figure in secular public schools, are we all in support of having a religious figure from every religion to cater for all students?

no, don't be daft, that's very unrealistic.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
katie tully said:

If a Christian figure is assigned to each school I can promise you that other religious groups will be vying for a representative too.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
*TRUE* said:
If a Christian figure is assigned to each school I can promise you that other religious groups will be vying for a representative too.
Well der, but that isn't my question.
My question is, if it's okay for a Chaplain to be in a public school it's okay if we provide religious figures from other religions too, to cater for all students. Yes?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Exphate said:
Oh but the Athiests!
I've already proposed we provide evolutionary biologists for those kiddies. Or maybe free time.

Fuck it, I'd take the free time. Go colour in. Swing on the monkey bars.

Sweet.

AppleNader

HSC
Exphate said:
Calling for rationality, and pleading for people to use their brains is self-righteous? I guess you're right then (note: you're definitely not self-righteous though. Right? I mean, instead of debating the point, you attack the person)

You're not exactly debating anything here, all you're really doing is presenting your small, close minded opinions and trying to pass them off as facts.

You're not a moron? Well sorrrry! but your thousands of idiotic posts suggest otherwise. Those are the cold hard facts that you have to deal with.

AppleNader

HSC
katie tully said:
Well der, but that isn't my question.
My question is, if it's okay for a Chaplain to be in a public school it's okay if we provide religious figures from other religions too, to cater for all students. Yes?

Once again, no, that is not a viable option and the costs involved make it impractical for most schools out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)