Votes: 54 62.8%
  • Its a good idea

Votes: 32 37.2%

• Total voters

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
AppleNader said:
Once again, no, that is not a viable option and the costs involved make it impractical for most schools out there.
Why isn't it a viable option? If it's viable to provide school chaplains to cater for the Christian kids in a secular environment, it's viable to provide religous figures for the other dominant religions in Australia.

I don't know about you, but if I were Muslim and I went to a secular public school where they provided chaplains for spiritual support, I'd feel pretty left out.
Might campaign for me to get some Sheikh Hilaly.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
AppleNader said:
Once again, no, that is not a viable option and the costs involved make it impractical for most schools out there.
And see. Most schools out there.

So you're proposing we only provide chaplains to the bigger, metropolitan schools?
BUT GOD IS UNIVERSAL, MONEY IS NO OBJECT, THINK OF THE ABORIGINAL KIDS IN BROKEN HILL, WHERE IS THEIR SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
Well der, but that isn't my question.
My question is, if it's okay for a Chaplain to be in a public school it's okay if we provide religious figures from other religions too, to cater for all students. Yes?
You can stop writing in such an arrogant manner:D
I was saying that after thinking about it i actually dont think a Chaplain is neccessary...
And NO. Not all other religions....obviously due to the monetary outlay , each school would need to evaluate the percentage of children who would benefit from having the religious representative.
You must remember that in general , Christian kids are going to make up the majority of religious kids in schools.

AppleNader

HSC
katie tully said:
Why isn't it a viable option? If it's viable to provide school chaplains to cater for the Christian kids in a secular environment, it's viable to provide religous figures for the other dominant religions in Australia.

I don't know about you, but if I were Muslim and I went to a secular public school where they provided chaplains for spiritual support, I'd feel pretty left out.
Might campaign for me to get some Sheikh Hilaly.
Ok maybe a representative for Islam, but that should be it.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
*TRUE* said:
You can stop writing in such an arrogant manner:D
I was saying that after thinking about it i actually dont think a Chaplain is neccessary...
And NO. Not all other religions....obviously due to the monetary outlay , each school would need to evaluate the percentage of children who would benefit from having the religious representative.
You must remember that in general , Christian kids are going to make up the majority of religious kids in schools.
So you're saying based on a monetary outlay, if we really have to fork out some dough to provide these services, Christianity should get first pick.

Christian kids are what? So the majority rules. We're going to pay money to provide a service to a 'supposed' majority. If these Christian kids are the majority, how about they take themselves and go to a school that caters for the religiously inclined.

AppleNader

HSC
katie tully said:
And see. Most schools out there.

So you're proposing we only provide chaplains to the bigger, metropolitan schools?
BUT GOD IS UNIVERSAL, MONEY IS NO OBJECT, THINK OF THE ABORIGINAL KIDS IN BROKEN HILL, WHERE IS THEIR SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE?

Yes , That's exactly what I'm proposing. Those poor kids from smaller rural places will simply have to miss out.

God has forsaken Broken Hill a long time ago. There is no salvation to be found there.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
AppleNader said:
Ok maybe a representative for Islam, but that should be it.
But why only a representitive.

Say we have enough money to provide a person from the three main religions in Australia to each public school, will everybody support having a Muslim and a Buddhist or even Aboriginal spiritual leader providing services alongside the Chaplain?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
AppleNader said:
Yes , That's exactly what I'm proposing. Those poor kids from smaller rural places will simply have to miss out.

God has forsaken Broken Hill a long time ago. There is no salvation to be found there.
But how can they miss out. Are you saying God only has love for the wealthier, metro snots?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
So you're saying based on a monetary outlay, if we really have to fork out some dough to provide these services, Christianity should get first pick.

Christian kids are what? So the majority rules. We're going to pay money to provide a service to a 'supposed' majority. If these Christian kids are the majority, how about they take themselves and go to a school that caters for the religiously inclined.
Couldnt agree more, there are plenty of private Christian schools.
And anyway, it is not as though Children cannot receive spiritual instruction from somewhere else.
I think considering our history , understanding our main religions is valid , hence my support for scripture teachers. Those who object generally can be exempt.
Katie , the majority DOES rule. Democracy you know.
I'm not saying it is always fair, but it is how our country operates. We can't cater to everyone.

AppleNader

HSC
katie tully said:
But how can they miss out. Are you saying God only has love for the wealthier, metro snots?

No, god loves all his creatures but if you can't afford certain things than you simply will not get them, this is the reality in poorly funded public schools.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
\
God isnt the one deciding Katie :).
Politicians will , and they will spend money where it is feasible.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
No, see I have a simple solution.
It goes like this:
If we don't have enough money to provide a service like a chaplain in every school, let alone a religious figure from maybe the 2 other dominant religions in Australia as well, the best solution is to not provide any religious figure in any public school at all!

If these kids are so desperate for spiritual guidance they can go to Bible study or whatever on a Tuesday afternoon.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
AppleNader said:
No, god loves all his creatures but if you can't afford certain things than you simply will not get them, this is the reality in poorly funded public schools.
If who can't afford. See, it's the government distributing the funds, and it's the government who decides which schools will get spiritual guidance and which ones won't.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but last time I checked it wasn't the governments job to decide who should have access to a chaplain in a public school and who can't.

If we can't afford to give everybody equal access to a chaplain in a school, we shouldn't be providing any at all!

And if the public schools are so poorly funded, hows about we redirect the funds used to pay a chaplain into something more useful!

Chocolate milk for alL!

AppleNader

HSC
katie tully said:
No, see I have a simple solution.
It goes like this:
If we don't have enough money to provide a service like a chaplain in every school, let alone a religious figure from maybe the 2 other dominant religions in Australia as well, the best solution is to not provide any religious figure in any public school at all!

If these kids are so desperate for spiritual guidance they can go to Bible study or whatever on a Tuesday afternoon.

Fantastic idea, maybe you should lobby for that to happen instead of posting in a school forum about it.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
AppleNader said:
Fantastic idea, maybe you should lobby for that to happen instead of posting in a school forum about it.
Hey, maybe you can go fuck yourself squid.

Might lobby for that instead.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
AppleNader said:
You should suck my cock, old hag.
Can't suck what you can't see!

Maybe if God had been kinder he would have equipped you with the tools necessary for reproduction.

Us atheists call this natural selection

AppleNader

HSC
katie tully said:
Can't suck what you can't see!

Maybe if God had been kinder he would have equipped you with the tools necessary for reproduction.

Us atheists call this natural selection
Aren't you the silly country yokel with a kid?

Lulz, hanging out on student forums worrying about matters that don't concern your small bogan town. Hilarious.

If God were kinder he would have made you infertile. He is cruel like that .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)