Semester 1 Timetables (2010) (1 Viewer)

danz90

HSC
Guys, the practical classes for one of my units, PHSI2601, haven't been put on the timetable. Last year they were on there, because I checked the timetable unit for 2009 for that UoS. Will they end up adding it to the timetable, and does that mean I will have to click 'Get new timetable' and get a crap reallocated timetable?????

Or, can they just organise the times via the department? Shouldn't they have added it by now to the timetable unit?

I just really hope I stick with the timetable I have now...

P.S. If you go to the Carslaw Labs, can they actually look at your timetable/open it up without it automatically reallocating your classes like it does if you check it online via timetabling unit? Just so I can check nothing changes, because of this stupid PHSI2601 Practical Class that's missing?

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
arghhh. Cant manage to get a day off for 1st year pharmacy =(

if anyone finds a way. please let me know!

Thanks.

jtyler

HSC
Why does usyd insist on using a piece of shit timetabling system that every year forces me to go to uni for the sole purpose of being told "you have a clash, there's nothing you can do about it" <print>.

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
Guys, the practical classes for one of my units, PHSI2601, haven't been put on the timetable. Last year they were on there, because I checked the timetable unit for 2009 for that UoS. Will they end up adding it to the timetable, and does that mean I will have to click 'Get new timetable' and get a crap reallocated timetable?????

Or, can they just organise the times via the department? Shouldn't they have added it by now to the timetable unit?

I just really hope I stick with the timetable I have now...

P.S. If you go to the Carslaw Labs, can they actually look at your timetable/open it up without it automatically reallocating your classes like it does if you check it online via timetabling unit? Just so I can check nothing changes, because of this stupid PHSI2601 Practical Class that's missing?
it was only four labs, and they werent actually 'wet' labs more like computer simulations and discussions only. sorry to burst your bubble mate. If i remember correctly only one of them was actually a wet lab, and you measured blood pressure and checked lung capacity by breathing into a tube. that was pretty much it. I think they may have called them a tute or workshop or something check to see if you have any of that.

Thanks.
you probably wont get a day off for a long time, unless you're like the first person to make your timetable before everyone else and they happen to have multiple tutes without everyday lectures. most of the time you'll probably have to do all 5 days. I have not yet done a semester so far (out of 5 seeing as im 3rd year) that i have had any days off.

Last edited:

spence

HSC
Has anyone had the same problem as me?

Yesterday I had set my timetable and I truly loved it. I logged off (which means saving it?) and had logged back on to check and it was the same.

TODAY I logged on and a few of my classes got bloody changed :mad:

WTF I hate my new timetable, I don't want it, it's so inconvenient for me, why the hell did it get changed?? :evilfire:

I've emailed them to change it back, but their policy says "You cannot revert to a previous timetable", even though IT WASNT ME who effin changed it to a new timetable. :pain:

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :chainsaw:
If you changed your timetable after reading this, I don't see how you can blame anyone but yourself
WARNING

When viewing your timetable, it is highly recommended that you print it! You will not be able to use one of the print stations to reprint this new timetable. If you view your timetable again it will be re-calculated and may be changed. You then cannot revert to your previous timetable.

bio_nut

HSC
I guess if you've made it to Usyd, they assume you can read.

A lot of the newbies seem to be proving this a false assumption.

danz90

HSC
it was only four labs, and they werent actually 'wet' labs more like computer simulations and discussions only. sorry to burst your bubble mate. If i remember correctly only one of them was actually a wet lab, and you measured blood pressure and checked lung capacity by breathing into a tube. that was pretty much it. I think they may have called them a tute or workshop or something check to see if you have any of that.
Cool, but were the actual lab/tute sessions on your timetable (i.e. centrally timetabled) or was it organised in-department (ie didn't show up on your timetable, but you were allocated a class by the physiol. department). Because so far, no PHSI2601 tute or workshop or lab is on my timetable (or any of the other students in my year, that I've heard of).

Also, with PHAR2813 Therapeutic Principles, do you remember if there was the Differential Calculus/maths component in the final exam?

andry

HSC
Yeah, there's no way for a day off for us (since chem is fixed on mon-thurs +BIOL1003 Lecture 2 being only on fridays ) :(

here's my timetable for first year pharm

i'd try to move that phar1811 workshop somewhere else and never go fridays altogether

tanna

HSC
You did well to escape with that for four science subs.
Yeah, I know. It all seemed to fit together pretty nicely. Contemplating whether I should just get rid of my day off and spread out my lectures, tutes and labs... they seem pretty squished. But I probably won't... saves a fair bit of time, and allows me to get a good 8 hrs for part-time work. See how it all pans out.

princess101

miraghhh
HSC

Thanks.
hey i tried to change it around so many times..i dont think its gonna work for first yr pharmacy students...i guess we are stuck with 5 days aghhhh

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
Cool, but were the actual lab/tute sessions on your timetable (i.e. centrally timetabled) or was it organised in-department (ie didn't show up on your timetable, but you were allocated a class by the physiol. department). Because so far, no PHSI2601 tute or workshop or lab is on my timetable (or any of the other students in my year, that I've heard of).

Also, with PHAR2813 Therapeutic Principles, do you remember if there was the Differential Calculus/maths component in the final exam?
first question -> yeah we did have actual pracs. they were in Retzius Labs.

second question -> no differential calculus for the exam. nor will there be any stat. the exam is really easy...do ur past papers...the exam will be exactly like the past paper...im talking...including the numbers...theyre pretty lazy with this.

danal353

HSC

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
9am
LAWS1006 Lecture
(W 1-7,9-13)
New Law LT 101

10am

ECON1001 Lecture
Stream 2 (W 1-13)
Merewether Lect 1 (Rm131)

11am

12am

ECMT10101 Workshop
(W 1-13)
Merewether LR 6 (Rm 160)

1pm

ECON1001 Tutorial
(W 2-13)
Merewether SR 2 (Rm 155)

2pm

LAWS1006 Tutorial
(W 1-13)
New Law Seminar 117

3pm

ECMT10101 Lecture Stream 4 (W 1-13)
PNR Lecture Theatre
ECMT10101 Lecture Stream 4 (W 1-13)
Institute Lect Theatre 1

4pm

ACCT10011 Lecture Stream 1 (W 1-13)
Bosch Lecture Theatre 3

5pm

ACCT10011 Tutorial
Weeks 2-13
Merewether SR 3 (Rm 156)

6pm

ACCT10011 Exam
Week 8
Carslaw Lect Theatre 157

7pm

8pm

Dr. Zoidberg

HSC
i'd try to move that phar1811 workshop somewhere else and never go fridays altogether
I would have loved to, but no way am I gonna be able to do 8am classes:S

Closest to a full day off was this

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)