smoking. (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Sounds like most of you have got far more understanding partners than I do. Mine's of the opinion that if she doesn't smoke around me it doesn't affect me, and that me telling her otherwise is treading on her independence. Meanwhile that (and only that, mind you, in every other aspect rship-wise I'm really easy going) triggers hectic anxiety attacks for me for a whole spectrum of reasons I won't go into here. Have seemingly tried everything to convince her to quit, any advice from the floor?

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Sounds like most of you have got far more understanding partners than I do. Mine's of the opinion that if she doesn't smoke around me it doesn't affect me, and that me telling her otherwise is treading on her independence. Meanwhile that (and only that, mind you, in every other aspect rship-wise I'm really easy going) triggers hectic anxiety attacks for me for a whole spectrum of reasons I won't go into here. Have seemingly tried everything to convince her to quit, any advice from the floor?
You can't do anything more.
She's right, asking her to stop entirely is treading on her independence.
If your issue with smoking is so great that you have a problem with her doing it even when not in your presence, than you shouldn't have started dating a smoker in the first place.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
i do if he smokes i wont kiss him or aything casue i cnt stand it .. and he says he wants to quit
And you believe him? If he wanted to quit, he'd make a fair effort.

I'm sure it's just easier for him to tell you that he wants to quit to get you off his back.

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
And you believe him? If he wanted to quit, he'd make a fair effort.

I'm sure it's just easier for him to tell you that he wants to quit to get you off his back.

na pretty sure you're wrong, and I would know.

iNerd

Banned
HSC
make a list of smoke facts
and give it to him
attach some picture

i did that. ill attach mine when i find it.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I dont smoke myself but i dont mind it if others do, doesnt particularly bother me, i dont really mind the taste, my dad has smoked all his life so to me it smells like love and hugs.

I guess a preference would be for a girlfriend to quit because of the long term problems, waste of money and i dont like them hopping outside all the time but thats about it.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
At least on some level they have to want to quit for themselves, if they are just doing it to stop the nagging then it wont help.

If they really want to do it they will need support, encourage them to get help (going to a support group, quitting with a friend, seeing a doctor or using quitting aids) do some research on how you can help. Do tell your partner why it upsets you and make sure they understand how much it actually effects you but don't nag or attack them.

Good luck!

b-mart

HSC
how bout yall leave her boyfriend alone cos he's a sick cunt, but i can understand where ur coming from chels!

yoddle

is cool
HSC
"Baby if you want to smoke, then thats totally fine. Just so you know, you will eventually look like this [show graphic pic on the back of cigarette packet] and i care for you too much, so i dont want you damaging yourself like this [consoling hug]"
and they think 'what the fuck is this bitch on'

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
People telling me to quit will never, ever make me stop. I HATE patronising bullshit like "imagine how much money you'd save!", or people who are all "I quit, it's so good! the best thing i ever did! YOU SHOULD QUIT TOO!".

I will smoke even more if anyone is like that just so I can DIE more quickly.

My best friend has been hounding me about it so so much recently, since she's "quit" (but smokes occasionally when drinking) and it makes me want to impale her on a fence.

Addictions serve a function, and I've had so so so many over the years. Of all the things I could be doing, and have done in excess in the past, smoking is the least detrimental to my life and health. I am not even kidding. Unless someone wants to pay for daily therapy sessions for me, they can shut their fat fucking faces about my smoking habit.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
People telling me to quit will never, ever make me stop. I HATE patronising bullshit like "imagine how much money you'd save!", or people who are all "I quit, it's so good! the best thing i ever did! YOU SHOULD QUIT TOO!".

My best friend has been hounding me about it so so much recently, since she's "quit" (but smokes occasionally when drinking) and it makes me want to impale her on a fence.

Addictions serve a function, and I've had so so so many over the years. Of all the things I could be doing, and have done in excess in the past, smoking is the least detrimental to my life and health. I am not even kidding. Unless someone wants to pay for daily therapy sessions for me, they can shut their fat fucking faces about my smoking habit.

this.

gcspsp

HSC

OMG! I really think I love you! (Y)(Y)(Y)

rep'd for the fukn truth!

Nª!j∂♫

HSC
tell them you've developed some kind of sickness
like asthma, so they can't smoke if they're with you :]
and i agree with the first (?) post, its you or cigarettes,

they can decide what's important.
xxx

HalcyonSky

HSC

werent you that chick droning on in the drugs thread about how bad drugs are?

EDIT: hahahah at least detrimental to your health

yeah you're like 20-21 years old, every single person with serious problems right now probably said the same thing when they were that young

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
Being a complete loser one of them ?

Actually, yes, in a way.

Acute Perfectionism, which causes one to be so obsessed with perfection that everything carries a fear of failure and nothing ever gets done.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
The need to smoke and reluctance to quit is totally incomprehensible to a non-smoker.

Withdrawal and cravings must feel really fucking shit to keep you going against the overwhelming negative feedback? It must be misery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)