Snitching benefits all?!?!? (1 Viewer)

Is snitching a good thing in test/exams?

• Total voters

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
I don't think theres a point to snitching if you can be close to or even beat them wats the point, they will find out the hard way later in other exams. I don't see the point of the thread if all your aiming for is support for your reasoning to snitch. For that fact what do you gain besides gaining a couple of ranks and prolly have the class turn on you at the end of the day

HSC
N/A
I don't think theres a point to snitching if you can be close to or even beat them wats the point, they will find out the hard way later in other exams. I don't see the point of the thread if all your aiming for is support for your reasoning to snitch. For that fact what do you gain besides gaining a couple of ranks and prolly have the class turn on you at the end of the day
What are they going to do idiot?

patryzz

HSC
OP next time ask yourself, would Jack Sparrow snitch?

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
+1, the only reason you snitched was so that you would benefit from other people getting into trouble

Life is unfair get used to it. People all over the world cheat at various things but that doesnt mean you should spend your whole life trying to stop them, you should just worry about yourself.
Fine Life is unfair, then people can go snitch and make a problem because after all "life is unfair". However, the usual thing is, dumb people cheat, and smart people dont, so usually its not something to worry about.

I mean seriously, obviously its for his own gain. Studying is for your own gain, so is eating and sleeping.
Therefore snitching for your own gain is something that is entirely possible.
So the OP needs to make his/her own mind up to snitch or not. To evaluate consequences and potential gains of it, and make a judgement on whether to do it or not.

SanjoyM

HSC
Ok, this also happened with me.

For my Belonging speech in term 1, my own friend copied my speech as it was open on my laptop - left it for a split second..
She somehow managed to combined my ideas,analysis and words to make her speech sound better and sophisticated..
She topped the task and I was ranked second - this killed! After looking at her speech, I could instantly discern that my ideas and analysis were embedded within her speech. Initially,I wanted to snitch,create an issue and ensure fairness. However, pondering on this topic for about a week or so, I decided not to do anything.
I decided to work honestly, not care about anyone else, password protected my essays and move on -
I realised that she was able to cheat because it was a speech. However, how will she cheat in the hsc, trials,halfyearly exams,right? So, I moved on..
Now, my friend who cheated is ranked 15/20 and I am 1/20....
So,do your best, remain honest to yourself and see what happens! Cheaters never prosper... At some point or the other,they will get caught and will have to bear the consequences... You just continue working dilligently, hard, remain focused and motivated and also avoid distractions such as this...

San :)

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
And in all honesty and irony, cheating is just as dishonest as snitching, so you should be able to pick your poison, whether to pick any at all

Domsky

HSC
Yeah thanks to all of your honest and factual opinion people. TBH i have done what i supposed to do ages ago, so right now im just working hard and proving those people that cheaters wont prevail as long as there are honest ppl out there. Overall, you can simply say that cheating is the same thing as lying and both won't do you any good out there!
But me I living the life honest and happy

btw i used to cheat wen i was younger like in yr9 then i wake up to myself and realise i cant lived like this my whole life..and so i did wat was right...:)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Just a question to ppl out there, my class just did our test based on spartan society and most of the people cheated, and ofcourse i snitch quietly because to be honest its a bad thing...but i was wondering did i do the right thing....
It depends.

For example on friday (1st of june) in legal studies we have a surrogacy essay in class. As such we had a double so our teacher gave us 10 minutes to prepare (also because everyone was nagging her to)

Anyway, during this time i saw a girl in my class write a bunch of statues on her arm and she used them during the test. (If you are reading this- the girl in my class i so saw you, your lucky our teacher didn't see)

Anyway, I didn't snitch because i knew I could beat her easily regardless and that despite others being disadvantage I saw it as a situation in which shes only cheating herself.

In business studies this year, a person stole the half yearly and showed everyone. No noe said anything, neither did I (even though i didn't see the paper) and i didn't tell because i knew i couuld beat everyone. And i Did.

It depends on your ability. If you know you will beat them I wouldn;t do it because it gives you a bad name and really there is not point.

Alsodepends on the seriousness. With my business half yearly, i probably should have but didn't.

madharris

HSC
N/A
notes on hands, papers in pencilcases, cheat papers under your own paper
From experience with others in my class you can also: write on your stomach, ask to go to the toilet and read your notes, copy multiple choice as they're huge big dots that are easy to see, write on you leg, copy someone else if their writing is big...meant think of anything else, but yeah...

OT, my school is full of cheaters but I don't really care as the people who study will usually beat them anyway

powlmao

Banned
HSC
From experience with others in my class you can also: write on your stomach, ask to go to the toilet and read your notes, copy multiple choice as they're huge big dots that are easy to see, write on you leg, copy someone else if their writing is big...meant think of anything else, but yeah...

OT, my school is full of cheaters but I don't really care as the people who study will usually beat them anyway
THIS

Cannot stress this enough. You will always beat cheaters if you study. I mean, how much can a cheater bring into the exam? A few formulas? A few Statues?

Those who study effectively will always beat them. Hence i don't care when people cheat as I will always beat them

rune lord603

HSC
Ok, if you did read my enormous paragraph then good for you...if you didn't thats also cool

Next time, don't snitch, you just want to get other ppl in trouble, mind you own fucking business.

They'll come to their senses in time, like you when you used to be a CHEATER yourself.

You obviously know what you did was wrong, because you had to make a post to try to validate and justify your act.

gl studying.

Laughable

HSC
I snitched about the blatant cheating within in-class essays, but nothing happened.

HSC
Uni Grad
THIS

Cannot stress this enough. You will always beat cheaters if you study. I mean, how much can a cheater bring into the exam? A few formulas? A few Statues?

Those who study effectively will always beat them. Hence i don't care when people cheat as I will always beat them

Study hard enough and in exams like maths exams, you won't even need the formula anymore; you'll either be able to derive it or it's just stuck to your head due to constant application of the formula.

Cheating in itself actually costs a bit of time in the exam. In a period of time, whilst a person attempts to cheat through looking at notes or even going to the toilet, the person who consistently studies can get the marks much more efficiently compared with the person who cheats.

Last edited:

yoyoyoshi

HSC
N/A
notes on hands, papers in pencilcases, cheat papers under your own paper
Yeah, also the looking down the shirt/thighs.. I saw a few girls doing that one. Uh, then there was that one time when two people were talking up the back softly, but was loud enough for majority of people to notice them exchanging answers, a friend and I snitched.
Imo, they shouldn't be there if they cheat and I can't understand why snitching is being looked down upon in such a way that it's on level with cheating. Cheating doesn't just affect the individual but can affect others after as in some cases their logic remains with getting things done with little effort or challenge in unethical ways, the only amount of effort put in is to cheat and effectively get away with it. It's silly, as you see this so much in today's world through unethical/deceptive practices used in industries to gain competitive advantage, disposing toxic waste to avoid charges, hackers ect..all for advantages and avoiding effort. I would rather be a snitch than a cheater and even though it may seem to be the easier way out to cheat, it really isn't.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)