• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
Arsenal are unstoppable this season...I wouldnt be suprised if they got the treble :D

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by IP_freely
Arsenal are unstoppable this season...I wouldnt be suprised if they got the treble :D
pfft

they would lose to a technically gifted side like Milan..

Arsenal might not even get past Real..i mean, both teams defence isn't superb..

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by ...
pfft

they would lose to a technically gifted side like Milan..

Arsenal might not even get past Real..i mean, both teams defence isn't superb..
i believe ours is the best in the premier league, so i'd back us against madrid.

ricenoodles

HSC
Originally posted by reynaldo
yeah... if we were still in the Coppa Italia, that is..
oh i thought they were still in it...who knocked them out?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by IP_freely
I wouldn't be surprised at a double, but a treble. That's like, impossible. The treble as in including ECL.

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by HeCtic
i believe ours is the best in the premier league, so i'd back us against madrid.
yea, at the moment it is..

but u really think Toure/Campbell can really hold out Shevnchko or Ronaldo?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by ...
yea, at the moment it is..

but u really think Toure/Campbell can really hold out Shevnchko or Ronaldo?
we're more likely to do it than any other premiership team, so i believe we can. stopping us from scoring is going to be just as hard if not harder especially for madrid. if we get past chelsea i can see us getting a couple of away goals at madrid with the way theyre defending.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ricenoodles
oh i thought they were still in it...who knocked them out?
Lazio beat our 2nd team 4-0.. but its not like the Coppa is our first priority..

we're more likely to do it than any other premiership team, so i believe we can. stopping us from scoring is going to be just as hard if not harder especially for madrid. if we get past chelsea i can see us getting a couple of away goals at madrid with the way theyre defending.
I can see Henry absolutely mesmerising Madrid's "defence".

But i cant see Campbell/Toure containing Sheva/Pippo and most importantly Kak. This kid almost single-handedly destroyed Deportivo, who, as you remember, knocked Juventus out. Campbell is a solid defender but since he hasn't got a reliable partner (im not a huge fan of Tour and Cygan.. well i don't need to say much about his ability) i cant see Arsenal holding out either Madrid or Milan.

Arsenal wont have to play like Champions to get goals against Madrid, (eg last season Mallorca 5-1 Madrid and this season Bilbo 4-2 Madrid) but they will have to defend like troopers if they're gonna stop a Ronaldo-Zidane combination. Figo i don't regard as much of a threat except for his long range shots and IF he has a good game on the wing. Beckham is just there for novelty so i wouldn't worry about him.

But i think we are thinking too far ahead.. who knows, Chelsea could break that (15)? game not-winning streak against Arsenal and book themself a place with (most likely) Madrid or (less likely) Monaco.

Personaly i hope Milan face Porto next because we already have the advantage against them this season (SuperCup) while Lyon have Juninho Pernambucano, who can destroy any team from dead-ball.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Arsenal do have a chance if they make it to the semi's and have to play against Real, if not just for that fact that Real is playing really crap right now, and Arsenal are in their best form since winning the double a couple of years ago.

But i reckon it all depends on how they go against Man. Utd, in the league and FA Cup over the next few weeks. If the win both convincingly, then i reckon Arsenal are pretty much in the Champions League final ( too bad they will lose to AC Milan). However, if they lose to Man. Utd, then Arsenal can say goodbye to any Champions League dreams, cause they will be too demoralised.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
^ yep, notice how i said if we get past chelsea :). you say you're not a fan of toure but you obviously dont watch too many arsenal games, seeing as though you're a milan fan.

the first three months of the season toure won the clubs best player of the month awards even when henry was in a rich vein of form. and when sol's dad died, toure carried our defence in his absence, constantly having to make up for the inadequacies of cygan and the past it keown. his performances this season have been superb and he's another brilliant prospect at the team. and you seem to forget that how the defence works as a unit is as important as the players in it, and as a defensive unit our back five coupled to vieira and edu/bert have done extremely well this season.

beating depor this season isnt that flash, seeing how hot and cold they tend to blow. copping 8 goals against monaco's attack and then going on to eliminate juve.

not criticising milan, they are the BEST team in the world at the moment but thats not to say a world class team like arsenal can't beat them on a given day. every team is gonna have an off day after all and the hot form milan (and arsenal) are in now has to end sometime.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Only a choking of biblical proportions can prevent Milan from winning the UCL now.. but I suspect the final will be against Arsenal, who'll be victorious against Chelsea and the out of sorts Madrid in the semis.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
ne1 waking up on Wednesday to watch the socceroos v Sth Africa?

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
yeah, go australia, we should win, should ...

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
i reckon it will be a tough game for Australia, South Africa aint that bad, they have made world cup many more times than Australia has.
Australia will still win, it just wont be the easy walk over that everyone is thinking it will be.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
i have a feeling, in fact, i am sure that Steven Pienaar and Benny McCarthy will have a field day against the Socceroo's. The rest of the team, i am not so sure.

I wonder if Harry Kewell will bother to show up?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
oooohhhh yes baby, mickey adamns and gerard houllier share an intimate moment after the match yesterday.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
oooohhhh yes baby, mickey adamns and gerard houllier share an intimate moment after the match yesterday.

lol..oh no

I think Kewell will show up.. they're in England so he has no excuse

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
sth africa are without benny mcarthy i think, should be good game none the less.

T

timbk2

kewell will play..
cant wait..

i wana see tim cahill play for the first time too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)