The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

greekgun

HSC
I know I won't be working either days as I have a week and a bit off due to getting my wisdom teeth removed. Go into hospital on Thursday and not available again until 1st May because my unavailabilities for TAFE run into my unavailabilities for my operation. Pretty sweet time off work, pity I'll be recovering for most of it.
Enjoy the time off, the time recovering wont be too bad, the paid killers you get for getting your wisdom teeth out are pretty strong so most of the time you will be sitting at home completely out of it.

HSC
Nice, even for the anasteic? (sp)
yep :p

(only coz i'm a teaching case at the UWA dental school coz my teeth were apparantly worthy of being talked about a lot. pretty much all of my orthodontic/dental treatment since i was about 13 has been subsidised because of this).

Last edited:

jirwin

HSC
I'm not really that worried about the operation. I've had 4-5 operations on my teeth before, it's just I've heard wisdom teeth are worst. Didn't need any pain medication when I got 7 teeth out last time so will be interesting to see this time. I have 13 days to recover before a Web Development Conference in Bondi (I won tickets and only found out on Monday).

Missing a lot of TAFE already this term - tomorrow and Friday because of wisdom teeth, then I return next week only to have the same days off the week after for the conference. It's also resulting in a lot of unavailabilities at work. I hope I get some decent shifts/hours after the conference because it's going to put a pretty large (and unexpected) dint into my bank account.

Basically I'm paying $200 for accommodation, parents are coming to Bondi as well (for a few days holiday) so I'm not paying travel but will need food/spending money also. Oh and my car is booked in to get the air conditioner fixed on Friday (Dad is taking it because he took time off work for my operation) so there's even more money.

bdude

HSC
Tasmania have the public holiday on the Sunday (when it should be, in my opinion), but I think the other states have a substitute on the Monday.

zobothebobo

HSC
does anyone know how to get into the store if it's closed? i've just realised i have a shift starting at 12.45 and i have no idea how to get in.

Zozo6969

HSC
does anyone know how to get into the store if it's closed? i've just realised i have a shift starting at 12.45 and i have no idea how to get in.
lol. uve never had a shift that started or finished when the store was closed? most stores have an alarmed fire exit that is used as an after hours exit/entry with a doorbell on it. there generally will be at least one of the managers (grocery, fresh produce, POS) already there so u just ring the bell and they let u in through there.

Trentyboi

HSC
Fuck yeah, Youth Allowance here I come. Kmart and Coles, you were good to me. But I'm sick of all the bullshit I've put up with. Only 3 or so weeks left.

I might stay to just work 1 day a week though, but since I won't be relying on Coles, if the shit hits the fan, I can just work out <3

bdude

HSC
Depends on the store, we have a bell next to our automatic doors that rings for someone to come and open the door.

bdude

HSC
How silly is that Avatar promotion, when you can just get the DVD by itself for like $18 from K-Mart. The Duty Manager and I spent about half an hour building the end for it, which I must say did look pretty good.

And how over the top is the "Beauty Bombshell" thing, I can't believe I got paid to blow up balloons for half an hour.

jirwin

HSC
How silly is that Avatar promotion, when you can just get the DVD by itself for like $18 from K-Mart. The Duty Manager and I spent about half an hour building the end for it, which I must say did look pretty good.

And how over the top is the "Beauty Bombshell" thing, I can't believe I got paid to blow up balloons for half an hour.
Haven't been to work for since the 18th April, can you explain what these promotions are?

bdude

HSC
Haven't been to work for since the 18th April, can you explain what these promotions are?
Spend $150 and you can buy a 1.5L Coke + Tube of Pringles + Avatar DVD for $20

The Beauty thing is just a whole bunch of promotions occurring over three weeks to promote Coles' health and beauty ranges. A whole bunch of new displays and singage and all that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)