The Mathew Johns Sex scandal. (1 Viewer)

Lukybear

HSC
wtf this isnt a racist issue. Maybe you should keep those kind of comments to yourself

He can say what he likes, its a free country. Althought i strongly disapprove of his comment, no one should eradicate anothers freedom of speech. Even if that freedom is used in ignorance and stupidity.

44Ronin

HSC

adultery is a matter for mathew johns and his wife to sort out and no one but them should give a shit you queerbait. it has no bearing on this issue at all, especially if his wife has forgiven him.
It's a public matter, because it has become.....public.

His employers have every right in dumping his sorry arse. How can the guy get on air, only recently commenting on rugby league players behaviour, when he himself is implicated?

Lukybear

HSC
many people have sex and do not like it.
she was bragging! this suggest's she did not initially regret it, since she has and is now seeking attention.
Dude, she is not seeking attention. She didnt even go to the papers, Four Corner found HER.

She obviously didnt like it, since she went to the police the day after.

Her bragging was just her reaction to the difficult situation. She probably wanted to make it seem ok, wheres infact she felt desolate inside.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Dude, she is not seeking attention. She didnt even go to the papers, Four Corner found HER.

She obviously didnt like it, since she went to the police the day after.

Her bragging was just her reaction to the difficult situation. She probably wanted to make it seem ok, wheres infact she felt desolate inside.
Four Corners found her, and she could have easily declined.

She didn't go to the police the day after, she went 5 days after. 5 days after bragging about it to work mates.

If she didn't brag about it, nobody would have known, therefore there was no reason to "cover up" and "make the situation easier"

Fuck up you fucking retard.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Whats also obvious is the fact that she DIDNT LIKE BEING GANG-BANGED..
All that matters, as far as the moral accountability and culpability of the players is concerned, is whether this fact was obvious to the players at the time. If it was obvious that she was being pressured, it is rape, and they would have been prosecuted. The police investigation suggests she was a willing participant and there was no signs available to the players that she was not enjoying the incident.

She obviously regretted it after the fact, but the players are not accountable for this fact. They can't be expected to predict and treat her as a victim during the incident if she gives every appearance of being willing.

I mean she is a shrill woman, and the fact was there were 10 120KG, muscular and threatening football players that wanted to have sex with her. It would be very difficult to refuse, just out of fear.
She was 19 at the time of the incident. As an adult, if you're going to engage in promiscuous sex with strangers, you must be held responsible enough to be able to say "no". It's only a little word. There is no suggestion she was under threat of violence from any of the players.

If you can't reliably give informed consent, you shouldn't engage in such risky activities. The law holds that all individuals over 16 are responsible and able to give informed consent.

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
Wtf... After after the original two players, the DOOR WAS LEFT OPEN. SHE DIDNT INVITE ANYONE.

And yes her friend allegedly reported her bragging, but in such a situation, where she feels violated, desperate, destroyed, people's behaviours become erratic. Obviously she isnt a smart cookie, but in such a position of pressure, many will falter.

Whats also obvious is the fact that she DIDNT LIKE BEING GANG-BANGED. The reporting of this incidence to the police highlights this point, that she didnt want it.

I mean she is a shrill woman, and the fact was there were 10 120KG, muscular and threatening football players that wanted to have sex with her. It would be very difficult to refuse, just out of fear.

fun fact, there were no 120kg players in the NRL at the time of this incident

she liked it at the time, according to mathew johns (who's version of the events are just as valid as hers) who said "she was a willing participant" and she asked for more players to come forward and have sex with her

does that seem to you like she didnt like it?

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
It's a public matter, because it has become.....public.

His employers have every right in dumping his sorry arse. How can the guy get on air, only recently commenting on rugby league players behaviour, when he himself is implicated?
NO ONE IS ARGUING THIS YOU FUCKING DOLT

it has only become public because of a one sided media witch hunt and grab for ratings

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
She just wanted to sell the story for money =3=;;

44Ronin

HSC
it has only become public because of a one sided media witch hunt and grab for ratings
Hahaha. There's no witch hunt. Rugby players simply do not have a respectable name in this day and age.

Name & shame, I say.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Listen to me you useless arts student; The ownership of the expression is mine, regardless of whether it is formally correct or not. I'm not here for a fucking lesson in semantics.

This is the innertubez, and I will express myself however the fuck I like. Go cry to your mothers tits if you don't like it.
can we negrep this guy or something? he's pissing me off =||. lol.

HSC
What I find very worrying is the number of people who seek to excuse this as "not a crime". I'm not commenting on the issue itself but the arm of government could reach alot further, perhaps it allready reaches too far but there is still plenty of liberty that is given under the premise that society is essentially good and that such wrongdoings need not involve the law they can be resolved by the peoples own moral compasses. But what so many people seem to be doing on this issue is claiming "if its not a crime, there is no problem." If that is how we view behaviour in general then sadly i fear the arm of government must extend.
What the fuck is this post? Seriously. WTF

Lukybear

HSC
Four Corners found her, and she could have easily declined.

She didn't go to the police the day after, she went 5 days after. 5 days after bragging about it to work mates.

If she didn't brag about it, nobody would have known, therefore there was no reason to "cover up" and "make the situation easier"

Fuck up you fucking retard.
Exactly Four Corners found her. She didnt go to some accurrent affairs show to brag about it. This wasnt initiated by her, if it was, then its part proof that shes some attention grabbing whore. But it isnt. Four Corners merely triggered years of damage pent up within her.

Have some freken sympathy. People react erratically in emotional situations. For all we know, her bragging could be a desperate plea for help. Ofcourse this is all hypothesis. But obviously she regreaded the event after it occuring, which lead to traumatic psychological damage; i.e. "wrist cutting", "alchool".

This isnt implicating that the league players actually did anything wrong LEGALLY. But morally and ethically, one would think they have more responsibilities, being in the public spotlight, and being a national sport, representing all Australians.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)