The Mathew Johns Sex scandal. (1 Viewer)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
johns' wife has to go through all of this yet again, as if once wasnt enough

as for the kids, plenty of shit for them to go out and deal with
chances are he didnt tell the children daddy was a gang bang fan

and his wife... well its his own fault, really

don't want your wife to go through shit... dont go participating in orgys

HSC
chances are he didnt tell the children daddy was a gang bang fan

and his wife... well its his own fault, really

don't want your wife to go through shit... dont go participating in orgys
that still doesnt mean that theyre not victims, whether u think they are victims because of what has occurred or the anguish caused by the media, they are victims nonetheless

the kids will have to deal with it eventually as they grow older

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
A former workmate of a woman at the centre of a group sex scandal with National Rugby League players says she experienced "no trauma whatsoever" from the affair.

Former NRL star and Channel Nine personality Matthew Johns was stood down by the network and the Melbourne Storm yesterday in the wake of the scandal.

On Monday night ABC1's Four Corners program revealed Mr Johns and other Cronulla Sharks players had sex with a 19-year-old woman in a Christchurch hotel in 2002.

The players involved insisted the sex was consensual and New Zealand police did not lay any charges.

The woman said the experience left her feeling degraded and suicidal.

But workmate Tanya Boyd has told Channel Nine tonight that the woman openly boasted about the incident with fellow employees.

"She was bragging about it to staff and quite openly saying she had had sex with several players," she said.

"There was no trauma whatsoever."

Ms Boyd said the woman did not report the incident to police until five days later.

"I was disgusted that a woman can all of a sudden change her story from having a great time to turning it into a terrible crime," she said.

Earlier, Sharks chairman Barry Pierce refused to name other players involved in the group sex act.

Mr Pierce, who was the NRL club's chairman at the time, says he shares the public's outrage over revelations several players took part in the incident.

But he says innocent players could be implicated if he named names.

"It would be incredibly damaging to an ex-player or staff member to be named who had nothing to do with the incident," he said in a statement.

"Certainly the club is a very different organisation today than it was then, and I have had a role in driving that change.

"I cannot undo what has been done, and I again apologise on behalf of the club to the young lady involved for her suffering."

-*The Four Corners program can be seen in full on the "ABC's iView website. Extended interviews can be seen on the "Four Corners website.*
Thanks for the info. I want to give you rep but i can't lol.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
anybody watch the footy show just now? they were talking about this, and the fat bloke (can't remember his name) started to cry. :(

the ceo of the bulldogs is a pretty cool guy as well.

zstar

HSC
N/A
Man this whole thing just go me thinking.

What if Boredofstudies members got together for some group sex?

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i'd just like to say something in defence of the sharks team of 02 that everyone is extremely quick to criticize, every single one of the players [obviously inc matt johns] in that team stood guard at my six year old brother's funeral, side by side with all of his litte u6 footy team mates, noone asked them to, they just did it out of the goodness of their hearts. so, to all of you who say that matt johns and his teammates, to quote the last post, 'rotting rubbish' or some other insult, they may have made a bad choice or two in their lives, but it doesn't make them bad people. as if everyone hasn't made a bad choice, they're just unlucky enough to have a profile and therefore their choices are splashed all over the media.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
To those saying that Johns deserved the treatment despite the woman being a willing participant according to eyewitnesses, take this analogy.

Suppose I were to ride a roller coaster because I thought it was fun. And it was fun, until the last section, where I claim I was traumitised by the fast turns and ups and downs. Do I get to air my claims against the roller coaster operators or owners? Am I entitled for them to be suspended in the meantime? Now add the recent accounts where I in fact proclaimed how I enjoyed the ride, and it wasn't until a week later where I developed a fear for fast motion and heights. Am I entitled to any compensation?

I don't see how agreeing to participate in some action, and regretting it afterwards is sufficient grounds for the treatment Johns received. It's called an error in judgment, and we make that on a daily basis. If we all did that, the world would stop revolving and nothing would ever being done.

I agree that the woman is suffering from psychiatric/psychological problems and she should be given support and help, but without having to drag Johns/Sharks/NRL through this.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
To those saying that Johns deserved the treatment despite the woman being a willing participant according to eyewitnesses, take this analogy.

Suppose I were to ride a roller coaster because I thought it was fun. And it was fun, until the last section, where I claim I was traumitised by the fast turns and ups and downs. Do I get to air my claims against the roller coaster operators or owners? Am I entitled for them to be suspended in the meantime? Now add the recent accounts where I in fact proclaimed how I enjoyed the ride, and it wasn't until a week later where I developed a fear for fast motion and heights. Am I entitled to any compensation?

I don't see how agreeing to participate in some action, and regretting it afterwards is sufficient grounds for the treatment Johns received. It's called an error in judgment, and we make that on a daily basis. If we all did that, the world would stop revolving and nothing would ever being done.

I agree that the woman is suffering from psychiatric/psychological problems and she should be given support and help, but without having to drag Johns/Sharks/NRL through this.
this

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
HTML:
Who hear thinks MJ has a strong case for defamation against ABC/the woman for damage to character and loss of earning capacity? Even though he probably never would sue, I think he has been served a huge injustice and deserves respective compensation.

If only I'd finished my degree, I'd help him for free- be a good case.

Law grads of '08, rise up!

Last edited:

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
No case really. The ABC would have checked it very carefully.

If you read the transcript, she never says anything to the effect of "MJ raped me." Most of what she said was just her emotional description of the effects on her life of the events the MJ admits occurred.
Oh yes true. Surely that is enough though. To denounce him for his participation in an event she consented in 7 years ago, knowing to the full extent that she would "destroy their lives" (as she believes was done to her) is certainly more then enough. His reputation will never be recovered and nor will his successful media career (of which he wasnt even a part of at the time of the incident). This was a mallicious attack on a man's character, appealing to the moral majority and could occur to any man who makes it to a position of public interest.

I'd liken it to me one day becoming a politician etc then having some crazy slut I had a 1 night stand with 7 years ago (including a fetish act just to piss off the moral majority) then suddenly coming out once my name was famous and crying wolf- that over the years the incident had left her scarred emotionally bla bla

Smells like neo-feminisim.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)